Benimaru Strats?

Do anyone know any good strats with Benimaru?

• What are the best grooves to use with him?

• What Combo’s Are Good To Use?

Hmm well I play Beni-man in K groove and I’ve found these combos to work

c.fp to qcf,qcf p

c.fk qcf,qcf p

also you can short jump in with his fk and do qcf,qcf k and it will combo…uh…I just picked Beni up so I don’t know too much…I know his c.mk defeats sagats c.fp… thats about It…I’ll post again if anything comes up

benimaru basic combo is lowshort x 3, qcf K. You can also buffer pretty much all his low moves into super.

Low forward is good, but a lot of people are keen to it now. My ground game is pretty much trying to be random with his kicks, st.forward, st.roundhouse, lowforward, low roundhouse. Drill kick is ok if you don’t do it too much. Dash into throw is good.

I like using Beni in A-groove, he has some great combos.

okay well i rarely seen anyone play benimaru and not much is talked about him compared to other characters so i’m wondering if benimaru just really sucks or something? like has no priority? or whatever it is?

i found him to be a pretty decent character yet no one plays him…

maybe it’s cuz he acts like a fruit…i dunno

He takes too much damage and doens’t do enough damage.

Beni likes being raped. It’s not his fault he sucks, it’s his sexual perversion.

I think no one talks about beni because there’s not much to talk about?

Everything I know about Beni (which isn’t much) has been mention in this thread already… Except crossup short.

I would like to get crazy good with Beni but I can’t think of anything besides pestering with his decent pokes and sweep, going for crossup/jumping games, doing my weak-ass low shorts in BIG KNEE combo, whiffing BIG KNEE for meter, and trying to land my stupid-looking CCs.

His specials seem to lick balls except for really really specific situations… i dunno. Anyone got any tricks for him? He doesn’t have anything that seems to stand out, anything he’s any good at you can think of another character that can do it better.

I need a Beni master to enlighten me…

I also need to say BIG KNEE again…

BIG KNEE. Best move ever. RC BIG KNEE makes Benimaru Top Tier. :slight_smile:

Best Groove is A Groove without a doubt, he is actually pretty good in A Groove if you know how to use him. He isnt that bad in K Groove either surprisingly.

i use beni in A groove, and you know what ? he has some decent priority, my friend plays a mean ass terry, and like ever y other terry user, whenthe match starts, they start with one of the fastest moves in the game, the gang way one, where he has a fist leading his path towards you. so i just start with a good old qcf SP works like a charm, then i follow up with a forward + MK or a super jump, cuz he jumps really high, down SK to drill my way troug, but this is dangerous because chances are, if its a good player behind the stick, hes gonna land one strong rising nuckles.

but my point is,

i try using the half circle Kick to send my opponent to the corner.
this move is gerat, gets ME out of the corner and puts him there, excelent chance to start a super.

my super is based on really quick punches, i start with a low SP then i just punch my trough, when my bar is getting close to the edge, i strat pumping qcf SP then i finishe it off with a super[of course] qcf qcf SP. if im not against terry or guile or shoto or anything with a DP, ill start the CC by SJ’ing the activating and falling dow with a driller witch is then followed by a crouching SP and then you keep going with the super i just told.
another alternate, makes the combo harder but ALOT more effective, at the end , do the grab super, very strong, and if hes bloking the whole thing, then fuck him cuz the grab will just pulverize him, and apperantly the grab seems to have a very short frame rate.
i never calculated.

enjoy:lol:

This is all true, benimaru in my opinion has been excelent since KOF Evolutions/99, i just wish they didnt make his move his spin kick a half circle and hard punch/light punch, that made him a bit less playable, but i love him on A-Grove, if u get them in the corner his lightning punch is extremely deadly then u can execute it after a 15 hit combo to his super

Benimaru is REALLY nice, fast and good priority + very versatile supers and good CC’s. He can combo easily after his c.short, that + his GREAT s.HK and c.MK make him a great poker. I play him in K/N btw, low jump/run + super damage bonus just own :smiley:

Combos i like >>

• c.LK x 1-3 xx qcf HK
    => his #1 combo in footsies, depending on how close you are vary the number of shorts, HK knee makes more damage than the other versions, but LK knee comes out faster

• c.LK -> s.MK xx qcf LP
    => his most damaging link from a LK, pretty safe and does more damage than the combo above

• c.MK xx dp HK
    => i use this one for punishing mistakes, does pretty good damage

• c.LK x2 -> c.MK xx qcf x2 P
    => when you have the meter this is his most damaging combo from a LK i think, you can leave out the c.LK -> c.MK link (although it’s a pretty easy one) and just do c.LK x3 xx super

• c.HK xx qcf x2 P

• c.HP/s.HP xx qcf x2 P
    => on long range you can sweep xx super and it will connect, at closer range c.HP does more damage, and s.HP even more (c.HP is more reliable though)

• crossup lj.LK, hcb x2 P
    => the hop LK is a great tick into his grab super, and it’s pretty easy to connect when you are close to your opponent, don’t think much about where you land, the super has HELLA range

That’s what i do, and yeah, ABUSE THE DP LK :smiley:

i play Beni in A groove when i go against P or K groove players.

the CC i do is:

crossup j.lk, land, c.lk x 2, activate, s.fp, then…

…s.fp x N till corner, repeated qcf + fp x N, punch super
…hcb + fk x N, hop forward, command grab.

i like to do the the s.fp first so i know what to go for after. if they block it, i go into the guard crush/chip damage CC. if they take the hit i go into his normal CC. with the GC CC, try and time it so the last hcb + fk is done at the last bit of CC meter (so you get the full hits and hopefully the GC).

yeah…

Revision of Beni’s b&b: c.lp, st.lk, qcf+mk.

This does almost as much damage as his c.lkx3, qcf+hk, but with the added bonus of facilitating the d,u+mk link (I say mk because I haven’t been able to connect the roundhouse version…too slow:( ).

C.lpx2, c.hpXX qcfx2+k will connect at any level, and while it’s not as flashy as cr.lpx2, cr.lk, cr.mkXX qcfx2+k, it does provide more damage.

Cr.lp, cr.mp, hcb+hk will throw your opponent in the opposite direction (behind Beni). USE THIS. It’s Beni’s main positioning tool, and can occasionally save your ass.

Anyone else agree that Beni’s game plan should revolve around getting you opponent into the corner. Well, I know that having someone in the corner is favorable in any situation, but Beni is one of the few characters (with Vice being the only other example in mind) that can decide where the opponent will end up at the end of a combo. Any thoughts?

fastest recovering roll in the game.

4 frame recovery.

1 frame more than the parry window.

i heard someone say he was one of the best ratio 1 characters in the game. his grab is pretty good his mix up game is pretty good i think. he has no real projectile though and 2 of his specials seem really useless (spinning kick and dp electric fist) spinning kick is prolly only good in a cc.

beni is pretty good from what i’ve seen, just need to master his throw, roll in throw. I don’t have alot of competition but i’m guessing Rc dp kick is a good anti air otherwise use it deep.

if you link the electric rush super you can do like dj-b13 and hop over their body like 3 times and throw them and i think you acn try to get them to jump away and maybe hit them with a level 3 raikoken or something while they are trying to jump away.

also his drill kick leaves you at around +3 i think if it connects +15 if blocked (not sure). if it connects i’d suggest trying to time a command throw.

Unless it gets, JD’d then you’re fucked. RC qcf+p is good, its Sak-like, minus the range, completely safe if blocked, your at +/- 0. I liie Beni, but he’s so damn hard to use, I will play him serioulsy one day though.

Benimaru is better than most people expect him to be…he’s a decent mid tier, but he takes a little more practice than guys like Ryu and Iori. Just keep working with him and you will kick ass! hopefully…