"Beg For Your Life You Inferior Race" Super Skrull thread 2.0

Aren’t you limited to one OTG per combo?

You might be I’m not sure.

bounce seems to not necessarily count as your OTG, its hard to tell as always;.

If you have level three and are in the corner, you can end with his level 3.

Wait, is Assist B Meteor Smash or Orbital Grudge?

lol good catch its Orbital Grudge

Got a little compilation video from the London Croydon event up. **Skrull footage at 5:14 **

MVC3 22nd Jan 2011: Zade ? Morrigan/Wesker/Super Skrull

Preview event footage for Marvel VS Capcom 3 in the UK. 2 Arcade cabinets, annoyingly the buttons were different and completely wrong on both of them. On one of the cabinets buttons were not working and kept changing position in between matches like assist 1 and C for example! This was a mind fuck to say the least. Some footage was from pad matches it was so stressful playing on stick.

Nothing too fancy here, just some footage from my team on the day (MOR/WES/SS) Controlling Weskers and SS?s teleports to extend combos was way too confusing due to the layout so doing them was a task I couldn?t be bothered to even attempt lol. Even though most people couldn’t utilise their characters because of the buttons all day, was still loads of fun! Regardless, should be a nice memento to look back on after the game is released!

[media=youtube]m5yFzMdwZnE&hd=1[/media]

well i know the combo works since i’ve seen it, but i don’t fully understand the combo system yet. as far as what i can tell, its 2 OTGs per combo, where the second OTG doesn’t allow post combo juggles like the first, but i’m inclined to think its actually one property per combo, but i really cant make sense of it yet.

Yo I’m really looking forward to using super skrull. i don’t understand why he isn’t as popular as anybody else, but that might make him more fun to use.

yea i also really like his playstyle and design but im not sure about a good team for him yet so ill wait and pick him up later.

great vid updated and ty

I feel exactly the same way. Seems he has a ton of options into his hypers. He’ll definitely be my point character for the first team I try. I just wish there were more videos of his assists, think I’ve only seen the tenderizer assist.

I am going to main skrull in the beginning, hopefully we can develop good technology for him, i am still not sure on what chars to pair up with skrull. maybe some lock down assist to set up grabs and a good battery.

What ever characters you use with him will have to help set up his command grab and keep up the pressure.I don’t think he is a great point character. He is more of a closer he is the one you call in when you look to kill someone.

Got my hands on the CES build today. Played A LOT of Skrull. They wouldn’t let us film anything though unfortunately. I have pretty heavy experience with MVC2, so im not a newbie to the series.

Hes fairly easy to get in to. AMAZING ground dash. His standing normals are all pretty good. His standing light is his fastest normal, and his best combo starter. His crouching light is actually a bit disappointing. Its pretty slow compared to his standing one TBH. I dont even think it hits low. I dont think his standing one hits low either, but its basically a shin kick, so its not gonna whiff on midgets.

Air combo into tenderizer -> super does OK damage, as we know from the videos, but is pretty easy to do. His grab is INCREDIBLE. I wish I had used it more. Range is amazing. Easy hit confirm into tenderizer -> super. Really REALLY useful tool. His teleport/overhead thing is great for punishing and getting in on people trying to zone you from the other side of the screen. It definitely not safe though, so if they block it, he’s in trouble. None of his supers are safe either. Hes not the kind of character you can just cancel into super and be safe, (cough STORM cough) you need to be reasonably cautious. Tenderizer is pretty safe on block. Instant long range punishes will probably get it though. (shinkuu hadouken/amaterasu elements etc)

His airdash is weird, and I hadn’t gotten used to it fully even by the end. It goes slightly upwards, so he can’t use it as a ghetto tri jump or to close distance. He can followup with his jd.C (the punch that propels him straight down) that hits overhead, and is an abiguous crossup that he can combo off of which is pretty nice, but easily counterable off of the airdash. I NEVER used it as a kind of instant overhead off of his normal jump (lol ghetto divekick) which im a tad embarrassed about TBH. That might be a really useful tool with him that I will keep in mind for when the game drops. Hes going to need a fair bit of assist support so that he can close distance on the ground to do his damage.

Easy character to use, but potentially fairly easy to fight against as well. Biggest downpoint was that tenderizer comes out in 3 button pushes. Picture hondas hands coming out when you jab 3 times. If i wavedash fast, and then push jab, tenderizer comes out. This is kind of a pain, but there are workarounds for sure. While im on the wavedashing point, wavedashing with him is godlike. 2 dashes and you cover full screen on the ground. His dash is hella fast and covers mad distance.

Solid character overall. Really balanced strengths and weaknesses. Incredible ground speed. Air dash is OK, but hard to use offensively. Good damage, really nice tools. A really fun character to use. You guys that want to use him and haven’t had a chance to play him yet will NOT be disappointed.

Also, I noticed in the OP you say this:

Just a minor thing here. A and C are incorrect. (A) goes to the far LEFT of the screen. © goes to the far RIGHT of the screen. This is regardless of what side Skrull is on. Although it might be that if hes on the left, (A) version goes to where hes standing, © goes full screen, and if he’s on the right, its reversed, with (A) going full screen, and © not moving. Took me like 20 minutes to figure out why the hell i was SOMETIMES going fullscreen with (A) version, and sometimes not moving at all. >_>

But yea. Skrull is awesome. :smiley: I’m happy to answer any other questions that you guys have if I can. But I only had 3 hours with the game, so I didn’t really go into his intricacies.

can you piano/slide tenderizer ?

like H M L ?

cuz i hate to mash buttons :C

Maybe, but this would suggest only the strength you push counts(?):

Yo, Skrull thread. Is it already known that Skrull has two moves called worm squash (D,D + Heavy Atk) and rolling hook (F,F,F + Heavy Atk)? It’s from an MTV site so take this with some health scepticism:

?Marvel Vs Capcom 3? Moves List And Characters Guide ? MTV Multiplayer

I’m debating between Skrull and Zero as my first characters to get into. I was a Honda player, so the Tenderizer strikes a chord with me =)

I think that’s supposed to be Stone Smite, hold atk, for Rolling Hook.