Beat Plane underrated?

It hits more often than you think. Against the best guys at my arcade? Probably not THE best guy, but I’ve hit all the others with Beat Plane several times. I think it’s because it’s so unexpected that the opponent can get hit by it.

Most of the time if I do land a BP though, it’s from bomb droppings then moving to fireballs.

But then again, your arcade and such probably has people with more skill in theirr little pinky than I do in my entire body…

[Soliloquy] I’m just an intermediate player :frowning: [/soliloquy]

Which makes me wonder…why did they even bother nerfing Roll’s Beat Plane/Rush Drill at all? For Mega Man, it’s very understandable, because in MvC1, he can abuse the hell out of Beat Plane/Rush Drill, simply by using it in tandem with a Charged Shot. Roll…doesn’t have a hell of a lot to work with to begin with, and her only saving grace was Beat Plane back then. Had they made the startup quicker in MvC2, she might have had more of a chance.

Oh, and she can only perform Beat Plane ON THE GROUND.
Nice, Capcom. Was there any reason for that?

Capcom: “No lol”

Well. That’s just prime.

The way I see it, though, one of the only ways that you can get away with using Beat Plane/Rush Drill anymore is if you combo it right after a (successful) Charge Shot connects. Of course, given the extremely slow startup, you’d probably have to charge for about 7 to 10 in-game seconds first. Of course, after that, you can easily set up for another DHC while you’re nailing them with Beat Plane/Rush Drill (as a matter of fact, I’d recommend it.)

Secondly, you can still put Beat Plane in a combo like this:
Leaf Shield, FK, Super Jump, LP, LK, MP, Leaf Shield XX Beat Plane.

It actually does some decent damage, in that instance.

(sigh) Gone are the days of chip and run tactics, though.

didnt read the thread but ctrl+f+“reset” only showed preppys post so i’ll guess no one has posted this.

you can use beat plane as a super ghetto reset. start the super, mash, fly close, fly upforward, stop mashing, cross over, continue mashing. it is hella lol. DHC into something else for some real damage.

It doesn’t really work well in this game for whatever reason - I think they lengthened the hit stun? That works really well in MvC1, just pretty poorly in MvC2. Plus you can only mash one punch button + one kick button at a time or you’re going to DHC early and die. :smile:

I’ve been experimenting with SJing directly over the opponent’s character (non Sentinel or Storm) and activating Beat Plane and mashing bombs while moving downward, and when I get about right above them, I begin mashing fireballs, and mixing up a lot - It always seems to hit recently… maybe there is something to this? Like a glitch of some sort?

Just mind games, really.

Beat Plane tends to mess up a player’s perception of blocking, especially if you go overhead and turn them around. However, experienced players can and will eventually learn how to guard against it.

Sorry if this sounds scrubby, but I honestly don’t know.

Can you call assists while Beat Plane is active?

Nope.

Roll in MvC2 makes babies cry… :shake:

Beat Plane in Marvel makes babies cry. I don’t understand why they nerfed it. It wasn’t really good in the first place. I had a huge lead in one game and so kept trying it from pretty safe positions against a lone Cable, and it was child’s play for him to wave-dash and knock me out of Beat Place even though I was always able to transform to it cleanly. So nasty.

I do use it against Strider to run away and let us both waste levels, but that’s almost it. Such a sad sad move. :smile:

Here’s a come back by my friend Filbert by using the beat plane. It doesn’t do much damage but you can use it to mix people up.

Filbert vs James

Congrats on the comeback with Mega Man, though, to be perfectly honest, in that first match, Filbert is handling Beat Plane rather poorly. He could have easily got in a lot more damage and still had time to back off. Also, very sorry to say, that Magneto/Storm player was acting very gullible, because even I wouldn’t attempt Hail Storm while Mega Man’s clearly using air FP.

Unfortunately, that video’s probably not the best example of Beat Plane usage that I’ve seen. Or Mega Man gameplay overall, because that third match showcases a very bad way to play with Mega Man. While keeping away while plastering your opponents with FP is a solid strategy, I’ve seen a lot of instances where Mega Man could have punished Commando but didn’t up close. You’ve got to know how to play up close with Mega Man, also.

However, that video does remind me of two reasons why I just love using Mega Man in that game. The first being that he stops Mags/Storm cold, and that Beat Plane (when you get it off) can mix up people who don’t know better. Fun? Why, yesss. [/Megatron]

Actually, Beat Plane in MvC1 was extremely annoying, especially in the right hands. First of all, you can easily chain to it off of LK, MK, which could mean that one mistake, and 50% of your life is gone. Also, it was way too easy to use Beat Plane to chip and run with Mega Man, especially since there isn’t any real way to punish your opponent for using it (not if, at the end of the move, you go far back against the edge of the screen while you keep on firing, anyway).

I can see why they nerfed it for Mega Man, because it’s a very broken move in the first game. For Roll, they shouldn’t have bothered. Beat Plane was one of her saving graces to keep foes on edge in MvC1, and now, not only does it have horrible startup, but she can only do it while grounded. Again, Capcom…why?

We’re on the same page. You just missed my earlier comments in this thread clarifying that the nerfing was from MvC1 to MvC2. I’m hyper-aware (and sad) about the lack of the ground combo into Beat Plane in MvC2, and all the other sadness about Beat Plane now.

I’ve been making much more of a point to use it lately, and it’s really only good when you have a big lead and want to chip them off faster. Otherwise – the high risk isn’t typically worth it to me.

Probably the saddest part to me is that Sentinel can just fly over it. That’s hilarious but sad. :smile:

Not sure about the chain after MK, but I do know in MvC1 Beat Plane chained off MP both on the ground and in the air. To get the 50% damage you had to be at the right height so both shots and bombs were hitting your opponent, and then mash like hell. You can still chip with it in MvC2, just not as effectively, and still get away rather safe. I wish Rush Drill was better :shake:

Yes sir you are right. After Filbert and I watched the video, I was like “WTF were you doing?!?!” Because he usually knows how to attack with Megaman in close range using the priority of that nasty ass jab of his. He told me he got cocky, then got fucked up. lol

Post more videos of Filbert, I want to see more of his Rockman :bgrin:

I got another video of some decent megaman action. This is from that same tourney Filbert made that comeback in.

BigNasty vs Tindiamond

Hmm, guess he substitutes in Cable and Tron when he plays in tournaments. I didn’t understand his use of Tron assist at times though; he was on the other side of the screen. I’m surprised he and Filbert use Beat Plane so eagerly like that. I guess I should use it a bit more as well.