"Bearly Survived" The Teddie Thread

This seems really obvious, but I’ve been watching high-level JP Teddie play and it seems I haven’t been abusing item toss enough. Whoever I was watching was using items at mid and full screen constantly.

Also this player never used Puppeteddie A, only B. Which is better for Teddie’s gameplan, Poison or Fear? Keeping in mind that Puppeteddie B can only be comboed in the corner IIRC.

How about 2D Teddie? Completely useless? Not something I’ve even attempted in battle yet

People say I have a decent teddie, so I guess I can say the following.

I think fear is better because Teddie’s grab game is down right nasty. Fear status inflicts untechable grabs and Teddie can easily get 3k off a grab in the corner, He can then use puppeteddie SB as a combo ender in order to inflict the unblockable rage ailment. Then by poking with 5B you can potentially land a counter hit wall-splat and land another combo.

Poking with 5B is better when the opponent is cornered with rage because they can’t really DP out of it. But Im pretty sure Teddie can also land a free AOA combo with a cornered enraged opponent because the armor property beats out a ton of shit.

But then again Puppeteddie at midscreen is sub-par to 5B because Teddie has a hurtbox on the arm while 5B has no hurtbox on the bat. Also you can backdash cancel 5B on block making it relatively unpunishable. And on whiff, 5B can be canceled into Teddievision SB (tracking version) to punish the opponent OR can be canceled into 2D Teddie.

Long story short, 5B should be your grounded poking tool.

Didn’t know I could whiff cancel 5B. Will have to start doing that.

love to have a teddie mirror… teach me a few tricks ha. if you have a PSN: UndeadEwok

I play on the box :(. Geez I wish I could have more Teddie mirrors I want to learn new tricks as well.

Oh yeah, do any of you guys use his AOA often? It seems really good.
Finally do any of you guys use 2AA 5B 236D >Teleport. As a meterless corner carry?

You sure you can whiff cancel 5B? SB TVs and 2D teddie aren’t doing anything on whiff. On block and hit they cancel fine not on whiff though.

I was in the lab last night and realized this as well. If it was cancelable on whiff it would be broken. 5B is still amazing regardless. Breaks personas like mad

Oh geez I meant to say “one more cancel” on whiff then use 2D Teddie or SB Teddievision. Sorry guys, I’m dumb after work.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25307645.jpg

I’m sure most Teddie players already know this at some level, but for the newer folk out there, getting the descent angles right on j.A cross-ups can lead ragequit worthy levels of offense thanks to how ambiguous you can make it even with out hitting A+C to turn in mid air. Now Teddie pretty much excels in abare, which is turning random pokes into damage, just hitting the rearmost of his flailing feet in j.A can actually lead to combos. However, learning the best angles for it allows you to get the combos you want (e.g. going for a 5AA2B launch string) instead of falling back on his autocombo or 236A/B to chase them down. The key is simply doing j.A early enough that you cross up at the last moment possible. If you’re going for it after a jump cancelled blockstring, depending on the character, you may be able to simply just jump cancel forward and j.A to get the cross up. For air dashing into it, somewhere within 5B range is good. For characters like Mitsuru and Yu who have DP like B+Ds, you need to get a little trickier with Teddie in the air and “aiming” it can be trickier. Off course, against those, you can simply just use it to bait them into DPg so you can punish afterwards.

Haven’t touched teddie in a week, been lost in the Yu-niverse. How about mid air 214A/B (to bait DP) 236A/B(to close the gap) j.A > Abear(lol). Idk, ill test it out tonight and report my findings.

Looking for some good Teddie players that don’t just get beaten to a pulp until awakening, then try to random you out with Circus Bear.

Stop using Circus Bear outside of escaping…

Circus Bear mixups are legit if you can mind game them into guessing wrong. Even if it misses, you can still get a j.A crossup into your combo of choice.

If you’ve baited DP, might as well try to space a 236A out right so you get a combo out of it (i.e. land while they’re still in hitstun).

What is there to guess with Circus Bear? And how would they get a jA crossup afterwords unless you stupidly stay underneath where he would fall down?

You can control which side it comes out from. In other words, make your opponent think it’s going to come out from one side but then have it come out in the other. Off course, a smart player will likely stand near the center so that they won’t get caught off guard, but if you start Circus Bear in the center, you’ll also pop back there. Just j.A away as you land (save for characters that can DP you out), even if they block you can just jump cancel it for additional blockstring pressure.

Standing in the center and double jumping will always get you out of it unless you greatly mistime your jump. From there he doesn’t really have an offensive advantage, if you reposition yourself such that you aren’t under him and you can anti-air him if he decides to airdash forward.

I’m just really bothered that so many people are abandoning learning how to use him and just going for hail mary Circus Bears to try to get lucky.

Personally, I usually don’t use Circus Bear with my opponent in the center. It’s usually with my opponent at the corner. If they double jump wrong, they end up eating it. Off course, if I do use Circus Bear, it’s usually me going for a stylish kill.

That said, how can people not want to properly learn Teddie, he’s probably got some of the best abare in the game. 5AAA combos out of almost any random hit and you don’t even have to be fast to get it out, you can literally 5A, get shocked that it hit, then go for 5AA (into 236A/B then 236236C) and it will connect. Getting combos to connect with him isn’t hard.

I just picked this game up and played for the first time yesterday. I really like Teddie! I look forward to playing more.

Took Teddie to a local tourney last night, my first time playing this game with any competitiveness in a group setting.

I need to actually learn some combos with him. Time to hit the lab with this thread.

another solid way to land circus bear is AoAC > j.A > j.A > 236A (cancel into tomahawk D(hold) input Circus bear (release D) = Profit

from one Faust player to another… welcome to the Brotherhood of the Bear