Battles in VA

My crew & I got together and battled for about 6 hours on Fri night. I captured it all. Victor dominated for the most part, but I got a streak in there:

http://vidness.rrcol.com/vidstreak-low.wmv

I think the order is: Victor, Juan, ??, The Kid, Pabs, Victor
Juan beat me afterwards…my inability to produce ahvbs on cue caught up with me.

Earlier on, Pabs predicted he would defeat me in 68 seconds:

http://vidness.rrcol.com/vid_vs_pabs_66secs.wmv

Some more BH action:

http://vidness.rrcol.com/smallstreak.wmv

Not even BH-related: How to effectivly prostitute an assist.

http://vidness.rrcol.com/we_are_venom.wmv

If you really want the high-res videos, I can up them…the streak is like 300megs. Comments are welcome.

Your opponents sure like to run into low shorts.

Yeah, they are a grabby bunch. Especially with Storms…

the player on the left always got hit by the switch trick. tell them to block. i’m always up for a vid. casual or tourney.

Heheh it was several peeps, and they all knew what I was doing. Eventually Pabs used Mags and out tricked me, and raped my cable…but I came back B.C. style.

Hey vidness!! Its the kid, man the BH ownage was awesome, for you, but victor told us how to counter it :karate:. And that switch glitch move with cable, deadly. :confused:

EDIT: You put most of juan’s games cuz you OCV’d him everytime. lol.

vidness, it’s nice to see that you’re using a lot more pokes than b4. I’m afraid that you need new competition though. They don’t seem to have good defense, they get caught in stuff they shouldn’t get caught in, they’re rush down skills are horrible, and they can’t seem to keep combos going (missed lightning storm combos and unlinked HSF combos)

lol I’m sure you’d have such an easy time against Victor :slight_smile: Of course, backseat gaming is very easy to do. There will always be a point in a match when you can say, “Oh, he should have done xxx”. Please let us know when you are on the beast coast and we’ll see how you fair against Victor & Pabs. :slight_smile:

I own victor, badly. Pablo would give a better fight, he thinks more. If your going to the tourney, let us know, so we can kick juan or ernesto off the team :tup:

As much as I love to travel and play new people, I’m positive I’m never going to be to the east coast…unless we’re talking far east, like England.

And personally, I think that I can play better magnetos, sentinels, and storms at UCLA on a regular basis than I could with the guys you’re playing against. Hell I can play against a couple of my friends that are friggin fast with the rush down. If I ever get the chance, I’ll put some vids up of us playin.

Last remark…don’t get butt hurt cuz somebody thinks they’re playing better people than your friends. There ARE actually people better than them ya know.

You shouldn’t even be on that team…

Northern virginia? I’m definitely top 5 here. Definitely.

You must have gotten about 10 times better then since we played…

I have gotten better and there aren’t many great players in virginia as there are MD.

You’re right, you did elevate. Virginia still got fuckin merked, 20-5 is rediculous, the fact that a couple of the players were looking for money matches after that was embarassing. But you’re right, you did deserve to be on that team.

Yeah, also embarassing to lose to Christian (the guy that played 3rd with the long hair) and a few others that ernesto had beat. Victor should’ve won alot more, and Juan…needed more liquor. Manuel should’ve won that match against Isaac, but I guess he got too confident, that was a nice commando comeback, same thing when I was playing him. I wouldn’t mind practicing more often, looks like VA needs it.

Rick, sad to see you couldn’t make it. You should’ve tooken Juan (Pablo’s) place. He owned victor 2-0 in the tourney, didnt see how that went, but I give him credit for that. Most of NOVA fell into 9th or 13th, check out the results thread. http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83506 . I think you surely would’ve made a difference, and show the true power of BH and Spiral :tup:

nice vids but i’d rather here the original music HAHA

Well… the Cable/BH/Commando here isn’t too bad, although I have to agree… there are a lot of times I’m flat out cringing watching what your competition in that win streak video is doing. Way too tentative, very very sloppy, they’re walking into way too many simple pokes, their positioning is almost all completely wrong, they’re blocking way too little while they’re attempting to get in, then they’re attacking way too little when they’ve actually got openings, and then when they actually get their hits they’re blowing almost all of their opportunities. In short, they’re basically fumbling everything they’re doing from top to bottom in these fights. Cable/BH/Commando isn’t a bad team, but it’s not as good as these people are making it look.

I mean, I’ll just break down one of these fights, the MSP one, and just point out all the missed opportunities that even my Magneto could’ve had a decent shot at pulling off, much less someone who pretends to be competent with him.

Opening bell, 12:46 mark. I have no idea why the bloody hell he runs into your initial poke. It looks like he’s trying to do a triangle jump when he’s seen you throw pokes at everyone before him, so why the hell isn’t he just doing a low short? I don’t know if you called Commando before you hit him or not, but if you did, That should be a low short/fwd/Psylocke, both Cable and Commando get snapped, and Commando is dead, right there and then. If you didn’t call him, low short/fwd/Psylocke should still be hitting Cable, he gets snapped out and Commando’s on point. There is absolutely no excuse for Magneto walking into a Cable st. short to start out a fight after seeing that it’s essentially what you’re doing every single game.

12:51 mark. He hits both BH and Cable with Psylocke. Both of them should get snapped, BH dies, now you’ve got Commando on point and Cable in back with no safe DHC to get Commando out of there against Magneto. Instead, he tries to get cute and hit only Cable with a reset and blows it.

13:03 mark. Psylocke hit. Whiffs a low short. Cable should’ve died here.

13:05 mark. You’re doing a normal jump viper beam at absolute nosebleed height. Magneto is almost able to walk under it and only gets tapped by it at the last instant as Cable’s descending. He could have very easily slid or dashed underneath it before Cable got anywhere near low enough to hit him, and then hit you with Psylocke, but instead, he just walks forward like he doesn’t even realize that Magneto’s got easily enough speed to get under that and there’s fuck all you can do about it from normal jump height to stop him. Again, Cable should’ve died here.

13:09 mark. This time he does dash, and he’s got Cable and BH both at very close range and just sits there and watches while you viper beam him. Once again, here’s an opportunity to call Psylocke under the viper beam, snap both of them, and kill BH.

I mean, this is just with Magneto on point alone, and there are already five – FIVE! – different points which should have been either mildly bad or absolutely disastrous for you, that he’s simply not taking advantage of.

13:30 mark. He dashes up with Storm and tries to do a st. rh. Never, ever try to do this on Cable/Commando with Storm. As close as she was, she probably also could’ve called Psylocke, which again would’ve resulted in Cable’s death. Instead, he has to cold tag to avoid getting Storm shot… which is basically just making a bad situation worse, because now his AAA gets hurt.

13:45 mark. He hits BH with a low short, and instead of just comboing the big varmint, he tries to throw you and walks into a low short and gets Storm comboed. A moment later, he jumps clean into a j. short/fwd/Commando (I mean, I -WISH- I could get away with that blind like that here) and gets Storm killed. This is just unbelievable.

From this point, it’s kind of academic, and most of the real disasters have to do with having failed utterly to capitalize or even act like he knows how to capitalize on a great many opportunities he had there. If you were up against any west coast or New York Magneto worth a damn, you would have probably been OCV’ed in this game, because the Magnetos out here would have caught you in these situations, whereas your guy didn’t seem to even be aware that they were there. It’s literally cringe inducing.

Glad I’m not the only one that saw those mistakes.
As far as I’m concerned, you could just point out all the failed combos that WERE attempted to question the credibility of talent…

Whenever you guys wish to venture out here, let me know…we’ll battle on the bigscreen and put theory fighter to rest. :slight_smile: