Battle Card System

Neat project. If there were some way to link it with data on SF4 PC/360/PS3 stats it could be really, really cool.

Tbh, I think its too late in the game’s life cycle to get something like this just started. If you can make a big publicity push with SSF4, something like this could really take off and be a nice community ranking feature.

It wouldn’t take much to adapt it to SSFIV, its just a few more characters really…

You need to tie this to a MySql database or something, I reckon that would be great.

It would be nice, but then it becomes overly complex.
I would have to worry about moderation and stuff for entering matches… Then there would be providing space and bandwidth for all the traffic and if people want their own little groups for ladders and stuff.

Its stuff I dont have.
Not to mention it would practically kill this application that I’ve spent a while on because the online one would be better @_@

As an alternative, I can provide tools to build your own little stats thing.

www.battlecardsystem.com/cardsystemtools.rar

Inside there is an SQL file (MySQL) which contains the structure for tables that match the system. If you have you’re own website just create yourself a new database and use that structure.

Run PlayerOutput.exe (while its inside the same directory as your other battle card stuff) and it will generate a mass of INSERT statements for you to copy paste into your database, and it will then be available on the internet @_@
(pretty quick fix)

From there you can write some PHP pages to display the data if you want.
You can check out my examples here

www.battlecardsystem.com/results.php – results page from our Melbourne Biweekly arcade tournament

www.battlecardsystem.com/stats.php – Random character specific stats, also have a look at the character specific stuff (under the tables, click a portrait)

I also have individual player stats pages, but they’re currently sorta hidden (no navigation towards the page) but I’ll give you guys a sneak peak into what we’re planning.

www.battlecardsystem.com/card.php
type “6103-4500” into the form and submit it.

We’re hopefully getting Business cards made up that have a wicked design (thanks to BossLogic - Professional graphics designer) that will have an ID on each card. So like…our own actual battle cards. :smiley:

Just a quick update.
1.34 is out now, which has a few UI fixes on the Results page… Now pages to 75 on the menu and screen…instead of just the screen table.

www.battlecardsystem.com/cardsystem1.34.rar

Please suggest changes and stuff so I can make it better for you guys :slight_smile:

cool
gonna sub and see if we can use it here in toronto!?

Any chance of being able to delete players if necessary in the near future?

There will be no ability to remove players.
I probably should have planned it a little better during production but its too far along to remove players now.

Currently you cant remove them because when you submit a match, the players are tied to that match.
Removing a player will break that sort of bond and then the match wouldnt exist for either player.
Ahh sort of an example.

I register and lose to you 6 times.
I rage quit.
You wouldnt get anything for those matches because they would disappear.

If I ever find myself in a position to rewrite it I have a “active” / “inactive” so you can deactivate accounts and they wouldnt be displayed. Something I learned from this project…

Hmm, good point about not adding a way to remove players. Didn’t think about results being tied to players permanently.

How about being able to add spaces and/or other characters when adding peoples name in?

I’ll put this one on my To-do list!

Awesome program so far. I used this tonight at a local session, and people got really into it. Now they want more sessions just to rank themselves up! Thanks a bunch!

Another thing is maybe being able to change a name in the system?

Name changing wasn’t in the scope of my project because I thought it would become a little bit much of a choir.
I use this program in Melbourne at our biweekly arcade tournament which is growing steadily in entrants every so often, it’s hard enough to enter matches on the fly (for now anyway ;)) let alone deal with minor details like name changing.

When I get the chance to develop the program more I’ll try fit it in

Hi guys, an update.
Battle Card System 1.35
www.battlecardsystem.com/battlecardsystem1.35.exe

Just an update, I’ll put it in dot points to keep it short.

• Change battle point calculation…

• Random Bonus is now between 1 and 100 not 1 and 300
    • Base is now at 216 not 186 (to make up for the loss in bonus)
    • Losing no longer returns a point deduction, you now earn 1/8th of the winners return. So its usually < 100 points
      Reason: Unlike the Japanese system, this system will most definately be used less and have less users… so having people move backwards is definately not favourable. I’ve also found in testing at our tournaments that some of the newer players are getting ripped hard in points, they get a lucky win and eventually it’ll dwindle back down to the original value.
      Future thoughts: Currently its 1/8th may change to 1/10th
  • Keyboard shortcuts
    Global - ENTER: Proceed, ESCAPE: Close
    Main Screen:
    A - Add Player
    S - Submit Result
    P - Show Player
    R - Results

• Setup Executable(!)

• Now comes in an executable setup file for ease of use installation
    • If you overwrite your old files, it will confirm that you want to OVERWRITE your STATTRACK.FDB (where all your data is kept… save file)
    • You can decline and it will skip over it
    • Also it looks like the program has a higher production value now instead of a rar file :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Player Names

• Can now include spaces (Thanks to Kitch907 for the input!)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick update! The players here in Alaska love using this system!

Keep up the good work!

Stats tracking for fighting games is the bastion of the points whoring scrub.

Interesting how it’s Daigo’s favorite aspect of ‘IV’ (*quote)… :coffee:

Are you implying that because I am the creator that I am a point whoring scrub?
Or that the Japanese players are point whoring scrubs because they have this service availible to them at the arcade?

It adds some extra statistics for those who are interested.
There is no definate leaderboard there is no purpose to “point whoring” and I created this with an arcade setting in mind…

This is awesome and I hope it takes off. I just wish I had people to use this with.

We are using this BCS and LOVE IT!!!

-would like all random points bonus to be done away with completely. players don’t like that part at all
-really want this for Tekken 6 desperately! our other system sucks and the players want this BCS!!!
-Can’t wait for the SSF4 version!

Hi guys,

Haven’t updated the thread in a long while.
Production on a Super Street Fighter IV edition of the program has begun.
You can expect new graphics and art inside the program from the talented GodlyEffect (did the art for the original) and BossLogic (that stick art omfg beast mode stuff). Hopefully we can work together to produce something that is more visually appealing than the current view.