Basic tips for Strider

I just started picking strider and i was wondering if anyone had any basic tips with him anything would be nice

I know your post is a month old but I’ll contribute anyway.

• Always have a Formation B satellite out with you. Not only is it a projectile that you can combo from, but if you accidentally throw out a special such as Gram, you can immediately fire the Formation B to cancel it, thus making you safe.
  • Be smart. He’s only got 750,000 health. Don’t be jolly with his wall cling and teleports. Be smart.
  • His animals have low projectile durability, so you will lose a projectile war if you fire out Legion while your opponent has a Shinku Hadouken ready.
  • If you happen to have him as anchor (last spot in your team), please consider that Strider Hiryu is way more than just a guy who can wavedash and spam Level 3 x Factor Ouroboros without thinking. He can do a lot without meter.

QCF=M during midair is pretty much like an air dash but even better, has an excelent range and its an attack so if the enemy gets in your way he gets hit, also I think you can do it again, but the light version which makes you “dash” down. its awesome for destroying spammers.

how safe is Excalibur M in the air? Can you get thrown out of it pretty easy?

more tips,
always try to remember to end you air combos by canceling your super jump into your double jump
if not, your legion will wiff
and your opponent will most likely recover before you hit the ground

Learn some of his mixups off of a hard knockdown, don’t always end a combo in Legion. Your not doing a whole lot of damage easy like a lot of other characters (Wesker, Wolverine). You have to think of it this way, I can’t do 600k damage off one combo. But I can do a 300k damage combo, that setups of a good mixup into another 300k combo.

What mixup off a hard knockdown are you referring to?

A really simple one is after you do an air series, something that will end with a J.S. You will force a hard knockdown state, as soon as you land call out the Tiger. Once you have recovered from calling the tiger, wait just a second and do M Vajra.

The tiger will be meaty (meaning it will be active while they are getting up from the knockdown). This is does two things, it keeps them locked down on the wakeup but also pushes the character back. If you time it right you will teleport behind them with Vajra, but the Tiger will actually push them back to where you are directly overhead. You fall with H and it is an ambiguous cross-up mixup.

They think they block for the cross-up but since the Tiger pushes them you actually hit on the front side. This can also be altered by doing a falling L after the teleport and then double jump H to go back to the other side.

That’s a very basic mixup off a hard knockdown.

[media=youtube]w0GYUZpkkrQ[/media]

What if they Hold forward or Back On knockdown 0_0

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Midscreen: If you predict forward tech, backdash Tiger. Back tech, regular Tiger will still work. Check the video posted by klepto above.