Balrog Trial Mode Challenges (Videos + Discussions )

That bit is the easiest of them all.

Just imagine you’re doing a super, and NOT an upper or dash straight or anything.

So you’re holding back, then press F, B, F + punch.

Well this time, do the same quick motion for a super, but when you press forward for the first time, hit kick at the same time, then all in the same motion, and off the same charge, press back again, then forward again and punch.

So it’s just a super, but you’re pressing kick on the first forward tap.

Hold back, forward and kick, back, forward and punch.

Please help with Normal Trial 3

If you thought that guy asking for help with normal trial 4 was sad, here comes a scrub asking for help with Normal Trial 3.

The part that is giving me trouble is c.mk xx super. I’ve tried doing carge db+mk,f,b,f+p/k but that always gets blocked. I’ve tried charge db,f,db+mk,f+p/k but that doesn’t execute. Am I just too slow? I’ve tried literally for hours on separate occasions.

Also, I will gladly make this the trial help master thread if individual threads per trial is annoying.

Thanks.

Yeah it’s like doing 2 moves in one sorta.

I need help on the heavy puch to ex punch. How do I charge, I am not understanding

It’s a very quick transition from the HP to the focus ? if you’re not using a stick, you’ll have to map a shoulder to MP+MK. I basically rolled my hand with my ring finger hitting HP to my middle + thumb hitting MP+MK.

yup, just what pimp willy said. This one was frustrating took me probably over an hour of trying non stop… I don’t think I could ever do this in game, haha.

stuck on trial #4

ok at the one where u have to do focus attack, then dash upper, to a super… i cant for the life of me do the dash upper after the focus attack… is there a way to cancel the focus attack in the middle of it then do the dash upper? because when the ex move is over and i can do the dash, dan is usually near or on the ground by then… once i was able to do the dash upper after the focus but i wasnt able to execute the super due to insufficent charge time… how the hell do u do this?

you cancel the Dash upper into Super. Just work on the canceling part, then add in the focus attack. basically, Charge b, f + K, b, f + P

Think of it like a super with the added K in there… thats what i do anyway :\ if all else fails, mash!

how do you cancel?

Do you know how to connect the Dash Upper into the Super without the FA? If not, practice that first. Then work on that trial. To cancel the Dash Upper into the super, just charge as usual, and once you press forward and Kick(And connects) real quickly input back then forward+Punch. Get that down pack first. Remember, you have to do the motion real fast. This method works on all charge characters, IIRC.

Balrogs Combo Challenges Video

[media=youtube]vuid4Qbna9c&feature=related[/media]

In an effort to curb multiple threads asking for specifics on individual challenges, here is a video showing all challenges. Pay close attention to the timing of each hit throughout every combo and you should have all 5 hard trials done no sweat.

finished that trial and trial #5… now stuck on hard #1… im able to do the focus and dash towards dan but after the medium kick he blocks the light kick everytime

Buffer the dash after passing a little over FA level 2. There will be a point when holding MK + MP where you are unable to cancel the animation into a dash. Buffering the dash prior will immediately have you dash as soon as the FA comes out. For example, I hold down MK + MP and tap forward forward after passing the mark where you are unable to dash cancel, I then immediately hold back, when the unblockable focus attack comes out my character immediately dashes forward (despite holding back) which then allows you to chain into dash upper xx super.

Essentially you have to tap forward forward a little over half way before level 3 focus attack to get a dash to come out (thereby reducing recovery time off of the FA subsequently allowing you to combo dash upper xx super).

It’s kind of hard to explain through text but i hope you understand what I mean.

Edit: I see you got it down haha. Well i guess this can help anyone else having trouble. Also your trouble with c.mk into c.lk is just a problem of timing. You’ll get it eventually.

I rely on a back down crouch to get these charge moves into super combo. I can’t do it in clear space I just can’t pull it off. I need to crouch db then tap forward kick then insanely quick do a slight b>f kick motion but for some reason when I charge out of the focus attack he always does the wrong dashing kick move it’s the one that comes out when you charge b into df.

I tried breaking it down into just charging db, fk then the super and it works but when I add the focus attack it all goes to hell. I guess it throws off my timing and I panic getting sloppy with the buttons.

It’s really bothering me because I have done almost everybody else’s normal trial and this seems like a ridiculous thing to get stuck on before I get stuck on every one of the hard trials. :rofl:

Oh my god… Some of those combo’s where INSANE!!!

Like Dash punch to super, how is that even possible… dont you loose the charge from the dash punch ???

hard challenge #4 took me forever. didn’t realize i should already be charging for headbutt while doing the ex upper.
I’ve also been trying to figure out what he’s saying at the beginning of his ultra.

Spent an hour on Hard #4 last night. Funny enough, it took me 15 minutes to figure out #5. Got a Boxer cube! :woot:

You use the dash punch as part of the super motion. So you charge back, then go forward and push punch (at this point dash punch comes out), then you go back again, and forward and push punch again (at this point your dash punch is just connecting, so you can cancel to super), and this motion counts as a super motion because its back, forward, back, forward punch.

Enjoy.

what do you exactly get for completeing the hard trial? a new icon and a costume? or what

skills lol