Bag for your fight stick? Gauging Interest

So what kind of customization?

Right now the colorways aren’t set in stone.

www.joystickbag.com
This is what I had planned, but I might cut the grey bag and the camouflage from the first run.

1. Black bag with a gold border and interior
  2. Red bag with a black border and red interior
  3. Army green bag with a brown border and brown interior
  4. Grey bag with a black border and black interior
  5. Camouflage bag with a brown border and brown interior
  6. Navy Blue with Light blue border and interior

I can change the color of the bag, the color of the interior, and the borders.
My buckle supplier can change the color of the buckles

What else are you guys interested in?

• pockets
  • straps
  • designs on the main flap/panel?

Esquire

It’s still considered a nuisance in my area.

Cops crackin’ down.

As for the Pockets, I feel the way you have it set up right now, with the drink pocket and the pocket for you cell phone works. I have seen a good chunk of people empty out their pockets on stream and that takes time. One thing I like is that the pockets inside the bag are a nice place to put your cord if you don’t have a compartment for your cord on your arcade stick. In tournament settings, people would prefer if you get the match done in an orderly fashion. To me, straps are straps. Upside is that you keep it unique (to me) with the airplane buckle, but as long as it sits like a messenger bag I’m good. The ability to change the color of the buckle is a fun little tidbit also. As for the designs on the main flap/panel, I would be interested if there is some sort of way to get some designs on there. Now if they didn’t come til a second generation is made, perfectly fine to me because you have to test the water and not go balls out right away. Having a design on the main flap would be a nice way to personalize the bags.

Now I have two quick questions. The first one is, how hard is the fabric main flap? Is it too hard to have pins/buttons on it? The second question is, are these bags geared toward TE style sticks? This is more of a followup, if there are catered to TE Sticks, could the be a possibility to have a smaller bag size option, even by special order? I have a stick that resembles a SE stick (its a Mayflash), so I don’t know if the size difference is that big or if the moving around in the bag is going to be a bad thing.

EDIT–I am going to buy one of the Madcatz bags soon, but I would still buy one of these when they come out. I think these are a really cool idea and the design is great.

]

1. main flap hardness - you can definitely put a safety pin it. If you wanted to be creative you could hand sew a design on top, just make sure you don’t hit the padding.

2. geared toward TE sticks - it’s designed For TE sticks and HRAP3’s. (that’s what I have and made sure that it fit both) the base is currently 18", but I was going to shrink that to 16 1/2, so it fits most sticks that are in that range. (it’s 18x6x12) It doesn’t fit the SE stick, without adding socks at this point.

• smaller bag possible, not during this first generation.

Moving around? I wanted it to be pretty snug, and I think unless you put in some side supports, a smaller stick would move around, and might not give you the protection you need.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Thanks to this post, i think I can find my 1st 100 customers.
I’m going to talk to my manufacturer about customization. I may have to change the panel design.
Hopefully he doesn’t quote me some awful #.

I am not above adding socks (or some sort of cloth) to make it fit. As for the smaller bag, it isn’t necessary considering a majority of people have TE sticks or something around the same size. Go towards your biggest demographic. I brought up the Moving around just because the joystick is in a slot. I ask about the buttons because that would be one way of personalizing the bag.