ATTN: Merkyl999x and Luis1luis1 (And others) [X-23 Video Guide Help]

As

Luis loops are the best grounded damage atm [s.H xx MFH xx CS L xx TA L] x2~3

MH xx MF H xx CS L xx TA L, land s.M [s.H(time the M so they’re near grounded height) xx MF H xx CS L xx TA L, LAND] x2 works on everyone except v.Joe and RR midscreen.

My go to is just s.MH xx MF H, j.MH, land j.M xx CS L xx TA L, land, 2nd Luis loop. Best trade-off on confirm and damage imo. (Plus one of the best options for adding EMD into the combo since you can’t relaunch with it.)

Also agree on the reset into TAC. No reason to turn 1 reset into 2…

if you want the meter from a TAC Infinite is the only reason I’ve got, The phoenix thing is interesting but you’re exactly right, it doesn’t have much in terms of practicality.

You would actually get less meter from an infinite if you reset then TAC’d than if you did a full combo and then TAC’d because of the reset damage scaling.

The Meter depends on your 2nd character and you’re opponent, I net more meter (not including the extra meter from Down TAC) when practicing on 900K opponent.

As for the CS loop, you get 496.3k before leaving the ground with my version (if you start with a.236l, what kind of damage does his do? I would expect its not as much but for some reason I can’t do luis’ loop to confirm this. :confused:
Does about 430k if you start with c.MH for an easier to confirm version. Once you get the timing it isn’t too hard to do either and lets you net more damage since its only 7-10 hits.

I just did Luis’s loops as so:

(s.H, Mirage Feint H, Crescent Scythe L, Talon Attack L) x3, s.H, Launch

After the launch, I had done 516.2k. More than your combo, but now I want to see a video of it to see the damage for myself.

Also, Merkyl, I did this combo you mentioned:

s.MH - MF H - CS L - TA L - s.M [s.H - MF H - CS L - TA L]x2

And after that combo, I did s.H - Launch - a.MMH - Falling Claw - CS H - TA L. That gave me 563,400 damage.

However, if you do this:

s.MH - MF H - CS L - TA L - s.H - MF H - CS L - TA L - s.MH - MF H - CS L - TA L (Just switching the order a bit)

Then the air series I did, you get 572,500 damage instead. Just in case you were interested in knowing.

My mid-screen combo with no assists gets you exactly 800k from anywhere for 1 meter (835k if you get to the corner by the second loop). 601.8k if you just end with TA l.

You get 1,064k with Skrull tenderizer, Doom missiles and 1 meter; or 866k without meter.

I’m still curious about seeing a video of this combo.

i can do a horrible one with my phone but It’ would look terrible. do you care?

As long as I can make out what’s happening, and add some annotations to the description. I’m honestly curious about a combo that could do more than the H loops.

its our basic corner scythe combo. its not too different but you have to be good with inputting the dashes. another interesting note to this combo is you can side switch if you’d like to as well.
I’ll just show you the X-23 solo version with no assists.

Meter gain is a consistent 1 meter for every 1.2 mil points of raw damage. A CS H will gain the exact same meter if it’s done raw or after a fully scaled combo. It’s the exact same for TAC infinites.

If you TAC before a combo is scaled, your infinite will do more damage but generate the same meter it would have if the combo was already at max scaling. It means you are vastly less efficient if you reset a combo tight before TACing. Once you hit maximum scaling then depends on the maximum damage scaling %, before that point it matters who has the best infinite starter in terms of scaling the combo as quickly as possible.

Also, in terms of combos, I think it’s better to be lenient with your confirms and just go for 2 Luis loops as far as practicality goes. That’s why I like the MF H j.mh j.mxxCS starter, it carries then a bit higher than the MF H xx CS L option, which makes it much more lenient, plus it’s a great middle ground since it does more damage than s.mh Luis loop x2 midscreen with an easier combo and you don’t have to worry about character hitboxes or fall speeds for the triple Luis midscreen options.

Also, since I’m running Dante/X23/mags, s.mh xx mf h, j.m+emd, j.h, land j.h xx Luis loop x2 is one of the best ways to get the damage from the assist, and dash+ emd c.Hxx MF H, j.mh links into the same combo.

Most of the triple Luis options won’t work off assist confirms unless it’s some single hitter like emd in the corner, anyways.

I mostly stick to doing two luis loops as well, though I generally seem to start most of my combos with TA L, so some combos can’t be performed that way. I just know that doing the H loop three times is doable. I noticed that the H loop that involves throwing in an extra s.M seems to do more damage than the j.M version. (Though, doing the version with the j.M is insanely fun for some reason.)

And huh, go figure. I think I recall Tenboss showing a video like that as well where he dashed up after TA L into another CS L. I remember dismissing it because, at the time, it was insanely hard for me, but perhaps I’ll give it another go at learning it, since I love confirming with TA L.

Also, my name’s Kyle too. Small world. (Assuming it said “Totally Kyle” under personal note.)

I messed around with those, but iirc, they’re less damage than 3x Luis loops (probably close on the midscreen characters where you have to use s.mh.) Def less meter gain for roughly the same damage.

You also can’t use the CSxxTA leniency trick since you can’t do then at max speed without a mf h before.

On hitbox, there’s a cool thing where you can do 262L fast enough that the game will give you a dash before the dp.

Also, what hit confirm do you use when you don’t hit a TA L first?

And yeah, Tenboss did a vid on that at the same time he did the video on the input leniency.

c.HxxMFC wait works well, HxxMFC H also works. or M (or c.M) c.HxxMFC wait works too. you can also side switch with it if you dash further and you can get a 4th CS if you get to the corner. 4th CS lets me do 1,089.8k dmg with my team (gains 2 meter but uses 1).

and yes my name is kyle, well actually its robert, but no one calls me that. (middle name is kyle)

I’m Serge, since we’re introducing names. As for confirms, with my team, it mostly depends on the situation. Most commonly, I’ll let them use their assist, call Hawkeye arrows, and dash up, either for a mixup or a DS. It just so happens that for the most part, I’m a sucker for using TA L at close range after a short jump. It’s safe on block, letting me set something up, and if they push block, I can dash in for either a fuzzy or a DS. Although, after what you said about c.H in your comments on the guide, I’ve been practicing using it more often, but for some reason dash + call assist, c.H, MFC is tough for me. =P Methinks I just gotta practice it.

How did I not notice this thread haha?

To help out, feel free to take stuff out of a write up I did some time ago: http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13344

On the 2nd page are some X-Factor combos, though I’m sure I’ve messed up the notation somewhere.

EDIT: Oh yeah, M(1-hit), H>qcb+L~S is probably her strongest hit confirm from a raw st.M. MFCing leaves you at a big advantage. Gets blocked, continue the string. Get a hit, continue into a combo. Shaving 1-hit off the M makes the combo scale less, doing more damage. Plus it’s harder to advancing guard on the defender’s side.

That’s a lot of useful info right there! =D I’m at work right now, but when I get a chance I’ll incorporate much of what I haven’t already covered into the guide. Thanks very much for helping out. =) [And it’s okay if you didn’t notice, it took a while for this thread to kick off; hell, it’s still relatively small, but growing.]

that midscreen uppercut loop is hard. Saw that video a few posts up, tried it and landed it the 2nd time but i’ve been at it for 10 minutes now and cant do it again lol

It is. I tried it, and landing the dash properly is hard as hell.