"Atleast make this fun!" The Anna Williams Thread

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 presents:

Anna Williams
[LEFT]Anna Williams is a character who as been around sense the original Tekken, with Tekken 4 being the only exception. Anna is Nina Williams younger sister whom she has a rivalry against… a infamous scenario. Anna is chronologically 42 years old but… due to “cyrosleep,” she, along with Nina are still in their early 20’s, looking as hot as ever. At first Anna wanted to just stop the rivalry against Nina altogether… even going as far as to take care of Nina was she suffering from amnesia, which Nina eventually adverted her cause. As of T5, Anna instigates a fight with Nina again, only to suffer a rather embarrassing defeat, thus leading up to the T6 storyline. Anna now work with Kazuya at the G-Corporation to get back at her sister once and for all. The truth is, I never thought too much about Anna, other than the fact that she is usually a solid character to play in the majority of the Tekken games and that she was pretty to look at (like most of the other females are). She did start out as a palette swap for Nina but things really do change after a while… for the better too. People were indeed happy to see her again in Tekken 5/DR and she apparently developed A LOT of new moves. She fight much like her sister does, uses assassination techniques and Aikido based martial arts. Pretty practical for someone like Anna. She also fights dirty and uses a lot of lethal grappling techniques. Last, Anna is skilled in using multiple weapons, especially a bazooka that she recently started using. Anna’s personality traits contrasts Nina’s, as she is a flirtatious individual… a troll… and, more or less, a femme fatale. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]As of TTT2, Anna is back for more action, and now it is time get down what everyone wants to hear: ANNA WILLIAMS GAME PLAY. [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]As stated before, Anna’s fighting style is focused around martial arts rooted in assassination and Aikido… much like her sister Nina. But, the differences between these two are ridiculously obvious [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Anna has very impressive speed, especially with her own attacks. Her moves also tend to cover a lot of ground too. Very good mid range pokes. Anna has load of moves from her crouching positions and a bunch of sneaky lows - it will become extremely easy for Anna players to reduce life from reckless players. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Anna’s mix-up game is pretty decent too. Anna also has a unique stance system(well known as CAT which is extremely useful for set-up and continuity of juggle combos) and a pretty decent CH game as well. And last… CHAIN GRABS - of course! Another aspect that makes Anna stick out a noteworthy character. It would be logical to play carefully and patiently with a character such as Anna because quite a few of her tools are unsafe and high risk. The reward for them are generous but it is imperative to still be cautious about what you are doing as a Anna player. What needs to be understood is that Anna has a load of launchers and options from CH. [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Launchers:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- df+2. This is pretty cut and dry but you can not tag out from this. It is generic launcher and decent for punishment… [/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (while rising) 2. Now THIS you can use the tag out, but… strangely enough it looks similar to the df+2…! [/LEFT]
[LEFT]- uf+4. Not the safest launcher around but you can still tag out from this if you wish.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- SS+1+2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (CH) SS+2 [/LEFT]
[LEFT]- db+3[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- CJM stance - uf+4[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- CJM stance - 3 (CH)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (CH) qcf+1[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (CH) qcf+2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (CH) db+1[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- (CH) db+1,4[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Tracking Moves:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- b+4[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- ff+2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- b+2,2[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Bounds:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- ss 3: Mid-air opponents only. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]- f+3,2: You will be using this quite a few times should you utilize a combo.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- d+2: This is weird but it works…[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- CJM 1+2… Anna has more than a few moves that will lead into her CJM stance. Make of this as will - lot’s of combo potential off of this. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]- db+1: Another weird one. [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Common Punishers:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- 2,3 for 10 framers[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- df+1,2 or uf+1 for 13 framers[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- f+3+4 or f+3,4 for… 14 framers[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- df+2 or ff+3 for 16f [/LEFT]
[LEFT](punishers from crouching position)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- ws+3 ~ b (enters a stance) - this is for 11f[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- ws+1,2… 13 frames[/LEFT]

• UF~4 15 frames
  • ff~3 / u,N,df+2 17 frames

Character specific tag options:
Nina Williams tag partner:
As Nina Williams perform the following:
hcf, DB+2+3+5, (Anna comes in) 1+2, Nina 3+4, Anna 2+3

[LEFT]Sources:[/LEFT]
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=124641&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

PROS:

• Provides lots of 50/50 mix ups
  • Dishes out great amounts of wall damage
  • Possesses a lot of threatening lows
  • Moves very quickly
  • Utilized a lot of throws/chain grabs
  • Great CH game
  • Sweet okizeme game
  • Very good pokes and pressure game
    CONS:
  • A generic KBD notation and backflip notation may overlap
  • Can not be played too defensively
  • Many high risk moves
  • Lack of safe launchers
  • Gets weak when cornered

-SOLO COMBOS-
df+2, df+3,2~DF+1, f+3,2 B!, qcf+2,1 = 75 damage
df+2, qcf+1, 2, qcf+1, f+3,2 B!, qcf+2,1 = 80 damage
FC/ df+2 CH ss+2/ db+3 >
FC DF+4,1 qcf+1, f+3,2, B!, qcf+2, 1 = 70
db+3, FC DF+4,1, qcf+1, f+3,2, B!, qcf+2,1 = 80 damage
db+3, ws+, df+3,2~DF+1, f+3,2 B!, qcf+2, 1 = 86 damage
(CH) qcf+1, UF+4, df+3,2~DF+1, f+3,2, qcf+2, 1 = 103 damage
(CH) FC, f+2, f+3,2 B!, db+3+4, 3 = 76 damage
(CH) uf+1,3,3+4, ff+3,4,3~b, 1+2, B!, cc, qcf+2,1 = 96 damage
(CH) 4, dash, d+4,1, qcf+1, f+3,2, B!, qcf+2,1 = 74 damage
(CH) 4, dash, 1, df+3,2~DF+1, f+3,2, B!, qcf+2,1 = 79 damage
(Low parry) df+1, df+3,2~DF+1, f+3~b, f+2+3 = 44 damage

• Partner Synergy -
    As far as I am concerned, I have fought with Anna while using only a small group of characters.
    Anna seems to do pretty well with Miharu/Xiaoyu as her partner. She is also very potent with Devil Jin as a partner too.
    A canonical team like Bruce/Anna can be annoying too, because they can both dish out damage easily.
    Nina Williams is a very good tag partner for Anna too - they both possess a character specific tag throw. Lee also seems to be a good partner for Anna as well, and Asuka seems to sit well with her too.
    More character specific tag combos will be up for discussion later!

• Character Specific Tag Combo entries-
    N/A (For now)

This is also reserved… Lol

:eek: I have to learn this woman, LOL, she’s so fun!

She has a deadly FC game and is just really dirty. Also need to experiment with CAT stance to see just how useful it is, really.

:eek: Holy snap, do NOT let this bitch get you backturned, LOL. This shit is retarded.

So Bitch Slaps (b+2, 2) is a double high tracking move (early tracking on both slaps, making it somewhat inconsistent in catching sidewalks) that is NC and leaves the opponent backturned. [S]So far, if you get backturned, I have no found a way to escape the seemingly guaranteed d/f+3 that she can do afterward. That means she can get a full BT standing combo into Frost Needle launch, which is tag bufferable and proceed to end the game, LOL.[/S]

[S]I mean, Bitch Slaps isn’t too great of a move and I’m probably focusing on this too much, but the damage off of this is pretty silly.[/S] Bitch Slaps leaves you at +5 with the opponent BT, so you can at least begin some shenaniganry, but be careful obviously.

Also, female characters can Bitch Slap the Bitch Slaps by pressing 2, 2 on reaction to getting hit by the first slap. Amazing technology.

:eek: This can’t be right; there has to be a way to avoid d/f+3 when you get backturned. Testing when I get home…this…can’t be right. >_>

:eek: Okay, I clearly just wasn’t blocking correctly the first time I did this. You can block d/f+3 after a backturn.

Phew. That was scary for a sec.

P.S. - You can also jump clear over it…wow. o_0

:eek: So recently I’ve been wondering how to stop people from pressing buttons on Anna so I can get the ol’ pain train running.

I’ve started thinking…maybe just take advantage of button pressing and do more CH fishing? u/f+1, 3 and d+3, 2 are great CH moves. I might just try this.

I used to use those Bitch Slaps frequently -
Also when Nina/Anna performed this move on the original TTT - should the character be female, they will try to slap you back - I LOL’d when this was retained in TTT2.
Although this was not really a guaranteed combo, I still find it interesting that it can back turn the opponent. This is also a default TA! for Anna…
The CAT stance is extremely useful, especially during combos: Anna has a few strings that can cancel into this stance - like f+2,3b then you can continue from there - you can also side step after that string too!
A good high hitting poke for Anna that I found pretty useful is df+3,3,3 = It is guaranteed, does a decent amount of damage and has a 4 follow up after.

:eek: Still trying to get a hang of how to play her under pressure, but I’m sticking with d/f+1 and d/f+3 right now and it seems to be working out okay.

She’s got some safe stuff and everything else seems pretty risky, so I just have to remember to tell myself for now that it’s okay to safely poke and run away for the rest of the match if I have to instead of constantly putting myself at risk.

Exactly how differently is Anna from Nina? She was once a palette swap, right? How much has she developed into her own character over the years, or has she at all?

Also, it’s very underwhelming to see the lack of content in this thread. I guess, just like every other fighter, if you’re not playing the top tier, you’re not gonna get a wealth of information online about your characters. :shake:

:eek: Anna has grown into her own for quite some time now.

In terms of differences, Nina has better speed, range and normal pokes while Anna has better mixups and CH setups.

The differences between the two became more apparent by the Tekken 3 rolled around. As of Tekken 5, Anna became far more fleshed out - Anna has a much better mix-up game, threatening low hitting moves, some better counter hit game, as well as a unique stance system (CAT) for set ups and combo continuity. As of T6 - TTT2, they only have very few moves in common. One noticeable thing is that, Nina has more command/chain throws than Anna does. Nina does not have as many particularly threating low hitting moves like Anna does either. Anna also has more high risk/high reward scenario’s her more powerful moves/strings/launchers.

Updated post #2 - Provide some good solo combos and a few tag partner ideas for Anna. I also provided a short summary of Anna’s strengths and weaknesses. There will be more updates in the near future.

:eek: Just in case it needs repeating, I think one of the most critical things an Anna partner must have

is the ability to juggle off of tag buffered d+3,2. Anna MURDERS red life with this particular buffer off of FC d/f+2 and a partner that can help her abuse it is a solid pick.

What are you guys using for TA filler with Anna?

@Antstyle

Read read read

I would normally resort to her default tag or qcf+2,1 on an empty field.

The general consensus is to use the following TA fillers for Anna:
qcf+2,1
df+3,2~df+2,1
df+3,2~1
db+4,4

Heads up everyone! Hurtbox is here to help!

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Dr9OHq6Zc

Yannik… Use that magic 4 to get people to stop pushing buttons.
Ch4 <dash> 1 df3,2~df1 f32 hurts a looooot. They will stop eventually.

As for TA fillers (obviously the more hits prebound the less hits int the TA)
QCF1
QCF21
f3b~df+2,1 or df32~df1
df32~df2,1

Additionally Anna has red life options from all her launchers using d325. For example
df2 d325 or as stated before FC df2 d325
There are many characters that can take advantage of this like: Lings, Changs, Nina, Lars, Bruce and I’m sure there are more but these are just examples.