Assistance! M.O.D.O.K Assist and Assist Support Thread

MODOK is an interesting character with a lot of great potential, but due to his slow speed, his keepaway playstyle, and other factors, teams with MODOK have to be especially careful about choosing their assists. What assists do you think support MODOK the best? What’s the best assist that MODOK has?

I think a lot of people are overhyping his barrier shield assist. Not like I’m saying it’d bad, but it doesn’t stay out long enough in my opinion. Ballon bomb seems like a good choice, but I think his blaster as an assist is really underrated. It comes out very quicky, has some nice stun too.

Regarding Trish, both her air and her ground traps seem like they could help MODOK play keepaway. I feel Arthur’s fire bottle also can do the same. Dorm’s Dark Hole also seems like a good choice.

His shield doesn’t need to stay out long. It stops projectiles completely (until it dies), and you can easily call him back again.

I’mma say that if you have an offensive team, Ballon bomb is by far the best. grat for lockdown

for zoning teams, Psionic blaster is great for covering horizontal space

Aegis seems like it’ll be good for any team that needs people/ projectiles off of them. so Projectile/ Zoning teams can use this one as well, along with a good AA assist.

That’s my 2 cents

can anyone describe his bomb assist for me? also howl ong does the sheild stay out for?

youtube doesn’t work for me or i wouldn’t ask questions that could easily be answered by the vids i’m sure answer em. sorry :frowning:

My team ( Strictly based on theory crafting ) Is gonna be MODOK, Iron Man, Sentinel.
This would be with MODOK on point. I would choose Balloon bomb for his assist. Overall it’s the best in my humble opinion.

I think Iron Mans Repulsor Blast assist, and Sentinels, Sentinel Force (Charge), and Sentinel Force (Bomb) will help out tremendously. Now mind you I have never touched MvC2, and I probably have no clue wtf I’m talking about. However, just from looking at what this team can do, I imagine it would make a great zoning team.

Always happy to give my 2 cents to any fellow MODOK supporters. Also I’m a huge MF DOOM fan. So given that the original poster is rocking a Madvillain album cover as his avatar. I figured I should pitch in!

If anyone looks at this and has any pointers for me. I would love to hear them!

Good luck to anyone who will be pushing forward with MODOK.

I’m curious why you like The Balloon Bomb assist the most, not like I disagree, just wondering why.

And yeah, MF Doom is boss, saw Madlib recently and he signed a Madvillain vinyl for me.

Balloon Bomb just looks like the business! I also think Psionic Blast is just as good, from the looks of it. With barrier shield, like you said, it just has such a short duration. I guess it depends on your team.

This is the same setup I want to test day 1. I feel like Iron Man’s Repulsor Blast covers MODOK well as an AAA, but may also help with teleporters which seem like they could be a huge problem for him. I need to test that out though, strictly theory right now.

Also Sentinel’s drone bombs would add a lot to MODOK’s zone game with the extra projectiles on screen. They cover another angle of the screen that would otherwise leave openings to approach MODOK as well.

As for Balloon Bomb, I feel like all 3 assists are advantageous imo. I prefer Balloon Bomb as well though, because it actually does damage and block/hitstun unlike barrier. It also serves as an obstacle for the opponent to get around to approach you, much like barrier, though it doesn’t stop projectiles.

MODOK’s Best Assist:
Balloon Bomb: Generally this is the best, as it’s one of MODOKs betst moves all round. Big hitox, follows the opponent and can combo after it hits quite easily on reaction.

MODOK’s Best Defence Support Assist:
Haggars Lariat: For defense the massive full invincibility on Haggars Lariat means when a character finally does get in on MODOK you can use Lariat to not only stop their offense but also combo of the hitting lariat too.

MODOK’s Best Offence Support Assist:
Doom’s Rocks or Missiles / Trish Traps / Redfields Mines or Grenades etc etc. Whilst MODOK is spamming balloon bombs, shields and lasers you want an assist that also helps spam the screen with shit.

Hadn’t thought about Haggars Lariat assist, but definitely looks like a great choice now.

Has anyone considered throwing out an aegis and calling Sent air support? Seems like it’d fill the screen real nice.

Thats my general idea. Fill the screen with MODOK cubes/barrier/bombs and drone bombers.

MODOK’s Gameplan:

1.Ask opponent if they believed that He had evolved beyond the joy of murder
2.Fill the screen with EVERYTHING
3.???
4. Profit

Does his aegis assist cover MODOK from projectiles as well? Also, do his LOU work for his assist attacks as well?

Aegis can block MOST projectiles. Arthurs fire and storms whirlwinds ignore it.

I heard LOUs work for his aegis assist, but don’t quote me on that,.

I think I’m gonna use the Balloon Bomb for zoning characters and against rushdown

I was just thing about Amaterasu and her Ice Beads assist. I figure this might be useful for MODOK as well. I originally had her in my team until I discovered how low her health was.

@General Gouken… Cool to see someone else had the same idea for a team!! Let’s hope it’s works out! I think there is a lot of potential for this setup.

This. I’ve found it immensely useful for reacting to people getting through MODOK’s obstacle course.

If M.O.D.O.K. acquires some LOU and tags out, will his balloon bomb assist become a jamming bomb assist?

I think what assist you pick depends on who your other teammates are. All his assists are versatile, and I found use for them when I didn’t think it’d work. Like my team I’m pretty dedicated to is Modok/Skrull/Thor, and I tried having Modok on backup with Barrier, and managed to corner the other player. This gave them very little space to move around, and with either Thor or Skrull being on point, I could go for grabs or some tricky shit since dealing with projectiles from the other player would be completely out of the question.

I tried all of that teams assists with each other, and all of them seem to work for various reasons, I just don’t recommend being redundant with your assists like if I were to use mighty spark and psionic blaster. Unless you’re really thinking ahead in the case either Modok or Thor die, you can still have decent backup projectiles with Skrull on point. Same can be said of any characters you might use with projectiles assists along with Modok.