Assist tier list ..... Let's hear them

I still don’t know why Zero May Cry is more popular than Zero/Dante/Hiryu. Zero/Dante/Hiryu is so much better.

Hence why it’s annoying. I’d burn XF to kill strider if I had to. Same with Vergil. I hate them both a ton…

Team We Prefer Swords (Better name than ZMC, eff that name.) is more popular because Vergil is esports and Strider isn’t.

Its more popular because zero gets extended combos off rapid slash assist, and vergil is also and alright anchor i hear :wink:

It’s more like just a bandwagon type thing. People want something to complain about without knowing too much about the game. It’s just like how everyone was hatin on team EG even though it was subpar in comparison to the real cheap teams in vanilla.

How boring would it be if there was no variety in team construction? No marlinpie crazy shit, etc… Same 9 characters and it would be marvel 2 all over again

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Imo top 3 assist are
Not so hidden missiles ( Dr Doom )
Tracking Ninja kick ( Strider hiryu )
More purple stuff then Dave chappele can handle. ( Dante )

5 runner Ups
Kmart sales rush ( frank west )
I’d like some poundcake ( Gouki )
Mini niggas ( Sentijamal )
Disruuptahh ( magnegro )
Shoot a Nigga while he’s down ( Wesker )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No Unibeam or Repulsor Blast?

I’m not sure why it would make the game more boring. Marvel 2 had few good characters, but there were many ways to approach each character which added a lot of depth. Those are generally the characters that are designed effectively and naturally end up being the strongest characters.

You forgot Chill Out, Dawg and I"M AN AVOCADOOOOOOOOO

Mystic Ray sucks. Try using it against good people. It’s like throwing a mosquito at them. Annoys them but won’t kill 'em (except under very specific circumstances).

IMO assists should lose points if they’re attached to terrible characters.

The 3 BEST ASSISTS IN UMVC3:

Hidden Missiles
Jam Session
Sentinel Force

obviously stuff like vajra, hidden missiles, sentinel force, but i want to mention my assists because i love them all.

jam session: keeps people from god damn super jumping everywhere like super bunny rabbits! an invaluable tool for me.
**dark harmonizer: **free 30% meter for pressing a button. you can call it during combos or blockstrings to ensure morrigan doesn’t get punished, but it’s even difficult to punish it raw. some setups even allow you to call it twice! (free 60% meter). love love love this assist.
**daggers of denak :m:: **i actually just switched to this assist like yesterday; it’s like a weak form of hidden missiles. i want to call it “hidden daggers” or “daggers of doom” lol. the startup is long, but dr. strange leaves after summoning them so they can’t disappear because he can’t get hit.

i don’t think these are the best assists in the game, but they are great for me.

EDIT: oh, forgot to mention hsien ko’s armored senpu bu. i don’t care what people say. this assist alone warrants using her, and it tears people up.

I just want to say, screw using hidden missiles normally, be a man and use them for an OTG :smiley:

In no particular order:

Hidden Missles
Plasma Beam
Drones
Cold Star
Disruptor
Jam Session
Mystic Ray

LOL I play Viper so pretty much both is the regular. One minute I’m spamming them on the screen, next minute they’re in a combo and I’m OTGing with them (after already OTGing with seismo of course).

The best assists in Marvel 2 were attached to terrible characters…but I get what you’re saying.

Repulsor Blast is a good assist for incoming character mixups and lockdown, both of which it does extremely well. Its also good for combo extension as you can see when Joker uses it to extend Magneto combos. As an anti-air assist though its quite shitty because of the slow startup. Jam Session is better as an Anti-Air assist. At least in my opinion.

Unibeam is Iron Man’s far and wide best assist, and the best beam assist in the game…its just attached to a terrible character.

Major props for spelling Repulsor right though!

Mystic Ray is really not that great. I think it’s just the people who don’t have or use shuma who think it’s great while Everyone else can see how meh it is. The startup on that thing is ridiculous.

How else do people spell it? :o

A lot of other people spell it Repulsar Blast.

that tier list is sleeping on Chris’ Boulder Punch assist. It is an invincible (until active) cross over counter. and it causes hard knockdown. Meaning anyone OTG capable can abuse it.

Then again its prolly there because it gives Chris his Sweep Combo THC