Assembling back a Hori Hayabusa stick. Assistance needed

Hello, I’m an owner of a Hori REAL ARCADE PRO.V HAYABUSA for Playstation 4 & Playstation 3, and for the longest time I wanted to the replace the standard spring that comes with the REAL ARCADE PRO.V HAYABUSA for a 2lb spring. Well, I did that but I happen to run into a major issue that I can’t figure what went wrong or what I did wrong. As you can see in the picture, the arcade shaft is much lower that what it actually should be (as if there isn’t anything to keep on place) and sinks down. I can’t even hold the stick properly at all. Now, I had tried numerous times taking the stick apart and reassembling it together to no avail. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks.

http://imgur.com/cVSHn2U

http://imgur.com/ZfTOojf

While I’m not familiar with the Hayabusa, it looks like you put on the pieces in the wrong order. The round, half sphere should be the first piece on the shaft before you put the shaft into the top of the panel. Just watch this video and use the similar pieces. The construction should be pretty much identical.

~Paik

Yeah, you put the pivot in the wrong place. When you the pieces onto the stick shaft it goes in this order:

Pivot (goes into stick assembly), then dust cover (optional, if you have two of them), then on the underside, spring cover, spring, actuator, E-clip.

gee thanks for your help guys… Oh you’re welcome OP…sheesh.

This adds literally nothing to the discussion, so uh, nice bump I guess?

He added after over 2 months of inactivity for no good reason.

Seriously if I weren’t so busy trying to talk to Bob Flanagan about the old Gauntlet 2 bug with Fight power being set improperly depending on whether you were the green player or not, I might be in a much worse mood.

Well it certainly wasn’t posted with your approvals in mind. The OP could have thanked the guys that helped him was my point. Who cares… internet nonsense…

Here is a general rule of thumb in most forums, Do not Bump/necro old threads.
While (far as I know) SRK may have no particular rule on the topic, the action is still considered in bad form/ bad taste.
Especially when you add nothing of value to the conversation.

Your attempt to comment to the OP who does not come to the forums regularly and haven’t posted in months is a wasted effort.
And it seems to be when everyone else shows their displeasure and ask you to stop, you should take that clue and stop.