Assassination 101: Making the most of X-23 using Wesker + Akuma

There’s really no reason not to use that team. I’ve been using Wesker since the beginning and X23 replaces my Chun Li with actual options other than mashing on legs. Was using Doom since the beginning also but I needed a character that could really keep me in the game if I have to fight Dark Phoenix and Akuma looks to be that character. Not to mention his Tatsu assist starts up way faster than Doom’s beam and serves a similar purpose for helping 23 and Wesker get in.

Already got the loop down midscreen and in corner but of course you have to be like right next to them to get it to work. Probably better to do it off a landed tatsu or a fake demon flip palm/dive kick.

Akuma is basically what the average player wants in a character. I want a character with good damage off nothing and crazy damage if you put in work…check. I want a character that has a decent speed dash and jump…check. I need fireballs and a DP when I’m scared…check. I dont really wanna worry about using assists or DHC synergy or any of that shit when using my character…check. I want my character to have a cool looking level 3 that I can whip out and pray with…check. I need a move that I can spam that goes through projectiles…check. I want my character to generally be effective at all ranges and be pretty good as anchor…check. Oh I need an easy to confirm off overhead that’s only punishable by throws (which I can easily space outside the range of) or guard cancel XF cuz I hate when people low block all day it’s so lame…check.

I’m really only using him cuz all of that stuff adds up to a character that can legitimately fight Phoenix. I’ll probably still have Doom to screw around with for certain matchups but as long as I got Akuma in the back stocked with meter there’s really not much to worry about it seems other than getting hit and just learning how to control him.

@ eternal blaze - yeah it may aswell be her default team in the near future lol. The benefits she gains from their assists and DHC synergy are rediculous. Not to mention that when all goes wrong with x23, you’ve got 2 extremely solid characters in their optimal team positions to back you up that both don’t completely rely on assists like x23 does. Wesker and akuma also compliment eachother very well.

Id be honored to have my thread linked to your x23 combo thread :smile:

@ DevilJin - Akuma can actually cancel :f::m: overhead into tatsus or demon flip mixups on hit, block or whiff to keep it safe for lulz.

@ ryuga - that combo does ~601 000 I believe, and you can do the double hit :m:. This one is more for consistency if MFC are a little tough to do after hitconfirming after tatsu. Still great damage and builds 1.5 meters before the hyper. If your looking for DMG, look below:

@ sakeido - I’ve actually found some max damage combos off tatsu today:
Sakeido combo: tatsu -> :h: xx MFC, :h: xx MFC, :h::qcb::h:, j:m:j:h::qcf::l: -land- :m::h::s: -SJ- j:m:j:m:j:h:j:d::h::qcf::l: -land- Wesker + Neck slicer charge xx :dp::atk::atk:

• 633 500 Dmg. Builds 1.2 meters.The 2 :h: MFCs are a bit unreliable because of hitstun deterioration after the tatsu, and you can’t do this combo after started with a j:m::qcf::l: after tatsu launch. Not character specific though so it’s good vs most of the cast if you can manage the 2 MFCs

2 x :h:s after tatsu: :h: xx MFC, :h::qcb::h:, j:m:j:m:j:h: -land- j:m:j:m:j:h:j:s::qcf::l: -land- :h::s: -> -SJ- j:m:j:m:j:h:j:d::h::qcf::l: -land- Wesker + Neck slicer charge xx :dp::atk::atk:

• 635 900 DMG - builds 1.5 meters. Reliable combo that only requires 1 MFC. Still hits even if the first :h: hits far. I rarely drop this combo.

Midscreen/corner max damage: jump up at peak of tatsu launch -> j:m:(j:h:*)xx :qcf::l: -land- :m:(one hit):h::qcb::h:, j:m:j:m:j:h: -land- j:m:j:m:j:h:j:s::qcf::l: -land- :h::s: -> -SJ- j:m:j:m:j:h:j:d::h::qcf::l: -land- Wesker + Neck slicer charge xx :dp::atk::atk:

• 654 700 if started with j:m:. 672 000 if started with j:h:! Big damage off of a an assist! The j:h: is great after left/right pressure in the corner. Hit confirm tatsu into j:h: into the corner. Even if u cross them up, tatsu will still take them to the corner in perfect position for this combo. Not very reliable midscreen upon further testing. Stick to the 2 x :h:s combo above for consistency. Still great to know that she’s capable of almost cracking 700 000 off of an assist!

I was just messing around with Taskmaster assist last night… letting three arrows land into stand H xx hop j.M j.H xx 236L, s.M s.H xx hop j.M j.M j.H / /\ j.M j.M j.H j.S xx 236L / s.H s.S sj.M sj.M sj.H sj.d+H xx 236L, Wesker, Neck Slicer, dp super does something ridiculous like 730 or 740k… yikes. Unfortunately arrows do not make for reliable combos into dp super, yet, from what I’ve found. I’ve found ways that work sometimes but I wasn’t able to determine what made it work sometimes and drop others.

Doing the max damage combo with Akuma tatsu ender into dp super, starting from a Wesker unblockable setup (call Wesker, command hop, jump S) does about 780k

X-23 can hit like a truck when she needs to. Still not sure about her in the grand scheme of things… I’ve been doin pretty good against most the local players lately but she still seems so free to some of the top tiers like Mags and fuckin Dante

What so far do you find difficult about fighting Mags and Dante? Mags can definitely lame out X23 for a while but he can’t really kill you from full screen like Dormammu or anything. He has to get in to make his damage and you can be fine with that because you need to be near him to win any way. I’ve found that regular neck slice is really good for stopping obvious tri jumps and charging the neck slice while calling tatsu assist can definitely make him wary about just air dashing in for 10 moar years. All you have to do is get the tatsu out on the screen to absorb a disruptah then immediately charge up your neck slice. By the time Magneto recovers and gets a chance to throw another disruptah you will have charged and released your charged neck slice which will catch him pressing any buttons or jumping or trying to throw another disruptah into big damage. If you’re afraid of air throws you can use tatsu’s tactic and do a talon dive which makes you invincible to air throws and hold on down back when doing it so it option selects throws also just incase. If you want to get a forward throw during the option select you can hold down forward as long as you’re ok with giving up block for a split second.

The only thing I ever really worry about with Magneto is getting pushed into the corner. Even then your best bet is either to OS talon dive or chicken block then advance guard him out then try to make some room.

Dante is a bit rough mainly because of his sword normals but now that I’ve realized how much priority neck slice has I feel it’s a more manageable fight. Most Dantes seem content with just throwing around sword normals from half screen and regular or charged neck slice beats all of his air normals clean. If he tries to come down on top of you with like air dash M, c.M is a decent anti air for that. If he’s trying to air throw you OS dive/forward throw is good also.

I was messing around with some stuff using M talon attack after a regular jump or wall jump. I noticed that you can call tatsu assist like immediately after you finish doing a M talon attack. As soon as the M talon stops recovering before you touch the ground you can call tatsu assist which comes out fast enough right in front of you and the opponent to stop projectiles or attacks and then you can go in with a jump normal or OS dive.

the only good Magneto here does OS dash into OS air dash which makes his trijumps a massive pain in the ass. if you don’t have a good way of keeping Sent off the screen (something tatsu is only kinda sorta good at) you can run into all kinds of problems in a hurry because he will kill you with one mixup.

Dante’s rushdown when he has assists can’t really be stopped by c.M because he gets easy ass unblockable setups by canceling a ground normal into teleport while he calls Wesker assist. his zoning game w/Sent is tough to get around, because air play is one of the only projectiles that will beat akuma tatsu, plus it has zero recovery, and there is always homing missiles and Jam Session to worry about. Any time you want to pressure him you always have to watch for the Hammer… which is invincible after the startup, is roughly +20 on block, and starts a 45 second long touch of death combo. It makes calling an assist to cover your mixup very high risk. He’s a stupid fucking character…

Seconded lol. I use Dante, and, he’s incredibly dumb when used right. Nothing X-23 has will beat the Hammer, except for air throw before it comes out. Nothing else will work. It even goes through level 3 hypers. IMO, it’s actually an incredibly ridiculous move. Luckily, The Hammer only has 20+ frames when done at the lowest height. I don’t know how much advantage it leaves him at other heights, I’ll experiment.

Basically, you have to find a way to get in, easier said than done against Dante. His normals are awful up-close and he doesn’t seem to have any decent reversals against H feint strings. Once you lock him down up-close, I don’t think there’s anything he can do.

when he does the Hammer from too high up, you can space a c.H xx feint cancel into a combo to punish it. That’s all I’ve found. If he does it from the right height, you can’t do anything from the ground except a very late Rage Trigger (but not too late, because he’ll block it. only 4 or 5 recovery frames on the hammer after the invincibility ends), or you can try and jump back and come down on his head with a L Talon Dive. If you mess up the timing on either one you are going to die.

Yeah, I think jumping back and try to make him whiff/airblock is a good idea. Just avoid that move like the plague lol. Oh yeah, it’s also an overhead for those who don’t know.

So the hammer is like some kind of a just frame start up move that gives him big advantage and invincibility ( i tried doing it slowly after killer bee and was wondering why it wouldn’t come out)? I remember early on people saying they thought Dante’s mix up was limited but that move and gathering him up with a low or overhead assist and a lockdown assist really compliments him. He’s definitely a character that really beefs up with assists because of his great ability to zone and play marvel footsies.

Yeah the only way to really hurt Dante is to find a way to get inside of his sword ranges and just force shit in his face. Once you can get him locked down in a block stun all of his normals have slow start up and he’s pretty much free to all of your pressure minus a hopeful advance guard to get out. I guess that was the only way they could remotely balance a character as potentially good as he is.

Dante’s mix up/pressure is generally reliant on hoping the opponent sits on crouch block long enough for him to set up overhead/low mix up or unblockable. A lot of people still hold down back too long when blocking in this game which is a bad habit from SF (where it’s normally good to do). With that if you find that he’s starting to get inside of you and forcing you into block I say it’s probably best to just chicken block out of his shit especially if you’re worried about hammer. Hammer is really powerful because of the invincibility but it has no range so it’s easy to just chicken out to eliminate the high low mix up and get some space.

Yeah, it’s exactly how you described it, it gives him big advantage and is invincible. Timing’s semi-strict but it’s basically just qcf+L,qcf+L immediately, like you’re doing Shinkuu Hadouken.

And yeah, I agree, with Dante’s it’s best to just chicken/air block him like you said really. Dante’s teleport is a big part of his offence which he also uses for his unblockables. I know naked teleports you can just airthrow/punish, so if you were air blocking early while his low assist comes out, you could possibly air throw him and avoid the assist well possibly? I’ll test it out tomorrow.

Oh, and regarding Akuma’s assist, it’s probably possible you could mix things up between qcb+H and a jumping attack or qcb+H into a low attack after qcb+M which crosses over using the assist for cover. I dunno haha, sounds obvious.

With this team the highest damage combo is s.H s.S sj.M sj.M sj.H xx 236L, Wesker assist into full charge neck slice, s.H s.S sj.M sj.M sn.H xx 236L, ankle slice into Akuma assist xx dp super

does more dmg than single assist loop combos plus its easy

edit: lol typed that in during a meeting this morning
combo is
s.H s.S sj.M sj.M sj.H sj.d+H xx 236L / Wesker assist, full neck slice, s.H s.S sj.M sj.M sj.H sj.d+H xx 236L / Akuma assist, OTG ankle slice xx dp super

730k damage, builds about 1.3 meters, and it is a complete corner carry from anywhere on the stage. After calling the Wesker assist, wait a little bit before you do the neck slice - otherwise, the s.H becomes way harder to land because the other guy will do weird crossups as he spins through the air.

So, if you start a combo with X-23 this is the strongeset one you can do. Even if you hit confirm into it with things like c.L s.M it does more damage than even the “max damage” loop combo, not to mention it is much easier to perform… if one of your assists isn’t available, using the normal loop combos and then using the remaining assist to land the dp super is a better option.

I also have an idea for an option select I didn’t have enough time to try last night… fucking dog tired because I discovered this about 5 minutes before I normally go to bed then I had to sit through a meeting this morning, trying to stay awake as all the executives in my division sat next to me. :lol: that was fun. Anyway.

S is not kara cancelable to my knowledge, so doing H, qcb+S~L could work. The way I think it should work is that, on hit the S automatically comes out and is not cancelable with specials so doing qcb+L won’t do anything. On whiff, with good button timing - it is not quite a plink - the S is not able to cancel your stand H, but it can cancel the qcb+L mirage feint. So, the idea is on hit you will automatically combo into an S, and on whiff you will cancel into a mirage feint so your stand H has only about 8 frames of recovery instead of 25. :slight_smile: on block however the S will still come out. that’s not a horrible thing because s.H, S spaces you out pretty well and X-23’s launcher is only about -10. but if the launcher whiffs, you could be in trouble…

Dunno though. still gotta test it out. just doing a stand H option select into S might not let you reliably super jump the right way to finish the combo, but since you are only doing one hit before your S you have TONS of time to take to the air and follow up…

I found that she could do more DMG with that combo too. Tatsu does that basic combo with his deadpool that does almost as much DMG as her max ground loop. The thing I don’t like about not using loops is that :m::h::s: straight into launcher is death on block. Her loops keep her safe after :h: and allow her to keep pressure on block with mirage feints, MFCs or even command grab + akuma assist. Going straight into ABC launch ends her pressure right there. Weskers assist also whiffs after knockdown in the corner vs smaller characters like Arthur, Joe, even morrigan. You’ll need to end you air series with :s: instead of l talon into a quick backdash to get Wesker to hit.

Edit: just tested this combo again, and you can actually do :h: xx MFC, :h::s: -launch- and still be able to continue into the combo. It’s great because it totally negates the horrid :s: on block problem if you can hit confirm :h:MFC, and if they do block your :h:, your going straight into MFC pressure instead of getting crouching :l:'d after your blocked :s:.

I managed to hit 769 000 starting with j:s::qcf::l: -land- :d::m:(one hit):h: xx MFC, :h::s: -lanch air series into Wesker otg, launch air series, otg + akuma xx dp super. It also builds 1.5 meters before the super. Great combo option and will add to the guide.

I took my X23/Wesker/Akuma team to a tournament to experiment and I like the results I got so far. I’m still free to Wolverine but that can get worked out. Generally my big issue was that if I lost X23 or Wesker early I had trouble actually getting in and doing anything with Akuma without just doing random air beam super and praying they can’t cancel into an air super that beats it. It’s not like I went around studying a bunch of Akuma vids yet either, but I’d like to know generally what you do to approach people with him without just praying for random tatsu. Especially since his wave dash is like ok but not X23 or Wesker good. Flying characters like Storm had an easy time getting to the top of the screen to lame out my XF.

Wolverine too derp. It’s almost impossible to start a good offense on Wolverine with Sentinel assist. I play against Rehab Wolverine/Storm/Sentinel a lot and it feels like the best way to catch Wolverine is when he does something unsafe (wiffed launcher, blocked berserker slash that doesn’t go into a berserker charge). Sometimes a well timed charged ankle slicer is good when Wolverine follows the drones til they are high enough for Laura to slide under.

Can’t even talon dive a grounded wolverine because his s.L seems to beat it clean. -_____________-

My Akuma… I spend a lot of time at super jump height throwing fireballs and then either blocking on my way down or doing late dive kicks. Lots of demon flips canceled into fireballs too, and I’ve been trying demon flip canceled into the dive kick. If you go air-to-air with that move, it causes a floor bounce on hit, and it has tons of block and hitstun otherwise. Then I do the usual dash around on the ground stuff, and superjump dive kicks done as low as possible. These are pretty quick, and when you perform one from a superjump it has more hitstun on it. His dive kick does not have a good hitbox though, its pretty trivial to dash behind him and then punish him so its not spammable at all.

anyway my goal when I throw the fireballs is to lock the other guy down for just a second, enough so you can do a jump in mixup between dive/normal/another FB/air tatsu. Air tatsu almost never crosses up but it looks like it is going to a lot of the time… then its time to kill a character

When it comes to Akuma, IMO you have to save your X-factor either for combos or guard cancels. And even then you have to save it for the char you really want to kill because unless you can guess right vs the character tagging in, you probably will not get another chance to hit them before your x-factor runs out. His regular combo damage is so incredibly good its not entirely necessary to pop x-factor for the damage boost anyway.

Even still though… I tried out the team last night and it was feeling pretty good. Lost early off some really dumb mistakes, like a Magneto player who tried to combo into gravity squeeze off a stand H… I thought Akuma was dead, so for some reason I let go of the stick… only to roll out, and then get hit by squeeze on my recovery. That was the match too, all he had left was a 10% health Haggar aside from his 15% health mags. Then I lost to some scrubby Hulk AA assist spamming (does his assist have armor!?) Skrull player so I was salty as fuck but when I was playing casuals vs the strongest players in the scene I was putting on a good show.

I might take a page out of 10 star’s book and put X-23 second on my team and let Wesker start things off… the team could be a little bit stronger that way, overall.

Yeah my local scene learned early on about Hulk AA assist having armor. We have this guy who plays Team Avengers Iron Man or Hulk/Captain America/Thor and he runs AA assist all day for Hulk. It’s definitely a slept on AA assist with the one point of armor on it. Skrull with an AA assist is really annoying because it allows his normally unsafe gameplan to become rather safe and allows him to just fish for teleport punches and half screen command grabs.

Yeah since Akuma doesn’t really have a long range normal game and a sub par wave dash it seems you have to just be in the air a lot looking for an air fireball to lock down with. I never feel like I’ll get turtled out when I play X23 or Wesker but when I was using Akuma I didn’t really have much when people got on the defensive. I guess I just have to put more fireballs on the screen to take up space and see where that goes.

I sometimes do decide to switch in Wesker first when things get rough but for now I wanna specifically work on my X23 so I’ll put her first to force me to play more solidly with her. I want it so even my basic non metered X23 can be a big threat and that will force me to get all of my techniques down so it’s possible. My main problem right now is that like I definitely do get in with X23 but like I try to wait too long to hit confirm stuff like I’m playing SF. What ends up happening is I’m like looking for something to hit so I can hit confirm and by the time it hits I drop the combo because they already start to fall out of the s.H by the time I look to hit confirm it. I forget that everything is safe on block in this game so there’s no need to really hit confirm. Might as well just play like the Wolverine players do and just auto pilot your strings. If something lands just keep following up with the same shit because it will lead to a combo any way.

This game seems like it’s basically where you try to get in and either you land a combo or you get advance guarded out then move in again. It’s just a process until someone actually lands a hit. X23 has a lot of anti advance guard tools though so I’ll have to put together a plan. Mainly where I start out just going in trying to fish for hits and if I get advance guarded out once or twice and see patterns in their advance guard I’ll start throwing in anti advance guard tools and then continuing strings afterwards and mix in throws. I get myself too mixed up in worrying about looking for if a string lands first or wonder if they’re going to advance guard when if you haven’t really played the person before there’s not a whole lot of way to tell. You just have to go in and get them to block shit and then see if you can catch a pattern if they dont immediately get hit and push you out and then go for stuff again.

I think I also got mixed up sometimes by calling Akuma assist and having it land at weird times in the middle of my string and not being able to capitalize. I remember one time having it land on an opponent when I was using Wesker and I pressed S to try and launch cuz I figured it would be easy and the person just dropped to the floor. I guess they were still too high in the air or something but I guess next time I’ll just wait for them to fall a bit lower and hit s.L instead.

I was dropping a lot of combos from Akuma assist last night too… that is what was really killing me. I had some good mixups going on tagging in characters and I’d hit them with akuma tatsu + teleport/hop left/right mixups and then completely fail to finish, which kinda sucks when it is a character like Amaterasu who you really do not want to have to fight. Other Akuma-related combo drops… Akuma’s c.M is terrible. So terrible. Three times I landed c.L then went to magic series into launch, and the c.M completely whiffed. c.L might actually have more reach… or Akuma’s BnB might have to be something like c.L c.H xx tatsu, combo out of tatsu, to compensate for how terrible his normals are.

My “bad” SF habit is blocking too much. I don’t like mashing out when I’m on defense. I do get props for my blocking quite a bit but that really is no good because I don’t seize opportunities to turn the tables. I gotta pick and choose my advance guard times better, as well, because it adds a lot of blockstun to attacks that otherwise would end the other character’s pressure or at the very least make it unsafe.

I was really working the command grab last night… in retrospect I should have used it more against the Skrull player because he literally didn’t do anything the whole match except bait me into getting hit by Hulk AA assist. The guy’s only mixup was if I blocked Hulk, he would do something afterwards… just a simple mixup because Skrull doesn’t really have all that much that’s good from point blank range. If Hulk only has one hit of armor too, then hell yeah. Get in, s.M into stuff all day.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to a guy last night who said you have to pick up on people’s patterns… the more I played and did commentary on the stream the more I noticed that people really do run obvious patterns in this game. In a match its tricky to pick them up but afterwards you can clearly see how they were fishing for combos.

Yeah I dont really use Akuma’s c.M much. It has fast start up but the fact that it’s the same size hit box as his Super Turbo sprite makes it kinda underwhelming. LOL. I think his s.M is probably his best normal. It’s his slowest ground normal at 9 frame start up but considering how much X23 can throw s.H around which is also 9 frames it’s generally pretty quick. It also hits twice and is cancellable on either hit which is solid for block string pressure.

The best part about it is that it has more range than c.M. Which means if you’re doing a bnb you’re better off doing c.L, s.M (2 hits) s.H into whatever for normals bnbs. s.H hits pretty much all characters when crouching even from max range like X23 or Morrigan. The hit box on s.H has a bit more range than it appears. **The nice thing also is that it makes it so you dont have to be at point blank range to do his loop. You can do c.L, s.M (one hit), f+H, b,d,db+L, demon palm into loop. **You can do it from an absolute max range c.L on most characters. There’s still some characters with funny hit boxes like Morrigan that seem to not allow you to do the loop period but that’s just what I’ve found any way. Like Wolverine, Morrigan and Joe so far I’ve found to be too small on their aerial hurt boxes to hit the loop with.

c.H still has the most range overall of all of his ground normals (outside of f+H command normal) so it’s probably still best to end with c.H after s.M especially against smaller characters.

Having good blocking skills is good to have in this game of course because it can definitely get people into patterns when they’re trying desperately to open you up but you keep your composure. It’s just the better people get with throw ticks the harder that will be of course because throws are one frame start up and most good characters get plenty damage off their throws or at least a set up for a mix up.

The Hulk AA assist thing is funny. It has one hit of armor but I tried a bunch of shit in training mode to beat it and nothing worked except charged neck slice. His Y assist the horizontal version also has one hit of armor but strangely that acts as normal. s.M will stuff it easily. There’s just something about his AA assist that makes him harder to hit than the Y one. Maybe it has something to do with where he’s positioned during the start up.

EDIT: I went into training mode and the loop seems to not work on Ammy, Zero, Arthur, Morrigan, Wolverine and Joe. Anybody else it works fine on. So other than 6 characters I’m gonna be looping people with Akuma soon. LOL.

I’ve been playing this team for a while now as well.
Started off as x-23/dante/sent, dante became replaced by wesker and sent replaced by gouki.

Usually I have wesker point tho. He can pump a lot of meter if needed and generally fares better against zoning chars (magneto, dormammu, task,…).
Once you hit the opponent with wesktard you can aerial exchange into guaranteed kill combos off of very little meter.

One problem seems to be the oki. Hard to catch techrolling people, sometimes I try to do decapitating slice on reflex, but not very reliable imho.

Against Mags the main problem is getting a hit in without being chipped out. Can’t stay in his trijump range, can’t stay in disruptor range… have to stay at the range where my tatsu can cover a fully charged neckslice to set up any offense.

I dont really think the matchup vs. Magneto is that bad considering what I’ve learned. If Magneto had gdk normals that beat X23’s then it would be a huge problem but once she gets in she’s the one I feel that she can do more of the harassing. He has really sub par ground normals so your task is really just to get past disruptah and stop the air game.

Being in his tri jump range is only really a problem if you aren’t ready to catch an obvious tri jump with an air throw or s.H. When you learn the s.H MFC technique you can throw out s.H"s pre emptively to stuff out his tri jumps and get combos for yourself. If you dont have time to set that up you can always try to reaction air throw. Other characters generally can s.L or even c.L stuff abuse of tri jump stuff but they designed X23 in a funny way where she is more reliant on her M’s and H’s to poke. Her light normals are only really good for block punishing tron assist (or any other moves/specials that are neg 5 or 6 on block) or tick throws. If you keep periodically throwing MFC’d H’s around as you’re getting in that limits his ability to tri jump you.

There’s no way to not be in disruptah range. Magneto’s L disruptah is basically what would happen if She Hulk’s c.L reached the entire screen length once activated. Like it’s basically a corner to corner 7 frame start up projectile. There’s not much you can do to completely stay away from it. You have to just fight through it. Just try to wave dash in while holding back to block the inevitable attempt to throw it out. You can block while wave dashing to keep yourself safe from projectile spam and X23 has the best wave dash in the game so there’s really no excuse to not eventually get in. X23’s qcf+M ankle slice has a property of making her hit box super low to the ground which is low enough to pass under the hit box of disruptah.

Mainly what you want to remember about disruptah is after he throws it there’s about 30 frames he has to wait before he can throw another one. Use that about half a second to buy yourself time to get in with a wave dash. You can also combine that wave dash with a tatsu assist call into TK M talon, or regular/charged ankle slice to help you get in. You already know about the charged neck slice which is pretty good and wave dash up regular neck slice with tatsu assist backed up is good also. Some other gimmicky techniques to get in include doing a regular jump forward into H talon attack then call tatsu assist as you land to have Akuma back you up as you try to land a combo. If he starts trying to come to you you can wall jump off the corner of the screen and then try to reverse L talon attack ( air qcf+L in reverse as he goes behind you) him as he’s coming in.