Ask Kim1234 about random Bison sh*t!

This thread is basically what the topic says.

I just upgraded my iPhone to the new iPhone 4 so I’ll be lurking these forums way more now.

I play SSF4 online in Japan so I have an idea about the newer match ups. Ask me whatever, but have this shit be organized.

Now that SBO is done, I’m willing to reveal those secrets I was saving. So ask away.
I want to try and enter Godsgarden online so I can’t reveal tooooo much, it’s the bison way

Also this thread could also serve as a database for storing all the stupid play on words people say when they use DIC instead of Bison

Here’s two freebies to get this bitch started

Bison vs Akuma:

• combo Akuma with the medium version of scissor kicks, immediately do a headstomp and charge back. Akuma has no reversal to stop this. If he teleports, react to when you land and do an ex psycho crusher. Auto correct BITCHES. (I’ve never tried this in the corner, you guys should figure that out for me)

Fun fact: the above setup doesnt work on Akuma in the arcade. Shocking!

DIC usage:

• Yo that DIC is grandmaster status

Last edited by ohayo1234; Today at 08:09 AM. Reason: Just way too sick wit it

this is gonna be a good thread

Thanks for starting this thread.

I’m a big fan of meaties, especially ones that can bait ex moves such as Chun’s spinning bird kick (properly spaced cr.mk). Any general tips/philosophy you can provide?

Also, why don’t top-level Bisons use the cr.lk, st.lk, cr.mk link to combo into scissors instead of cr.lk x 3?

Mmm this will be good.

Do you know any Adon specific safejump or pseudo safejump setups? His wakeup timing is a lot faster than every other character

Why is your DIC so GDLK

I’m agreeing with everyone else this thread will be useful. Good stuff on sharing out the knowledge too.

Okay, I’d like to reinforce m16ghosts post with asking about the Adon match-up. Anything you share would be useful as a lot of us on these forums are fairly unsure on how to deal with a good Adon. I know there is a match-up thread for this kind of stuff but I still struggle with it and I’m curious to see if you have any tricks for Adon.

1. as a rule, reversal moves that are 5 frames on startup, I classify as doable if you’re trying to do a safe jump. 4 frames is not too realistic unless the meaty jump in is easy, and 3 frames is impossible . (for ex: always try safe jump setup on Rufus, viper. Safe jump attempts on guile and sagat maybe random, etc,)

2. crouching short into stand short is a harder link, 3 low shorts can be plinked and done by holding down back and pressing throw. Comboing into stand short has only Been useful for me if I really needed the extra damage to kill someone. I.e. End the combo with a psycho crusher or stand roundhouse

From what I have tried you can safe jump Adonis after his throws but those involve holding forward after throw then jumping AKA room for error

You don’t have a traditional safe jump setup on Adon after a techable knockdown move like scissor kicks

Which means in this match you have to keep adon away.

Adon is retarded, once AE comes out and he has a normal get up time, he’s going to suck, he will be less random and frustrating to fight

My trick is to run like a bitch and play good footsies in order to not get pressured into the corner. Adon does more damage then you can do by being smart so just respect it. Keep out with stand forward , scissor kick trap is useless in this match, and use stand
Fierce to stop off the wall dive. You’re goal from the beginning should be to get meter first so you can use ex psycho on reaction to any stupid jaguar kick he will try. You won’t win by rushing him down. You land that first ex psycho and run, if you play it right , he can’t catch you

How about some thoughts on the Abel matchup? I have to deal with 53495935943 Abels since the whole east coast decides to use him. In my matches against them, I either hold my own and win or I just get perfected lol theres no inbetween

If you ever beat abel by straight up rushing him down, the abel player is doing something wrong. You never want to get close to abel. after a scissor kick. abel can always avoid the your next follow up low short simply by walking back. I forgot if he has to block the scissor kick high, then walk back or block the scissor kick low then walk back. but nontheless scissor kick trap is not good vs abel. you keep him at bay with stand forward. Try to stay charged at most times. what you want to keep in mind the entire time is to stay away from step kick range(forward+forward kick). you block that, you are dead. The more advance abels have setups that cover all their bases so once you get knocked down you have to deal with some 50 50 pressure.

good setups on abel after short scissor kicks is meaty jab psycho crusher, then another ex psycho crusher or a devils reverse/teleport to get out.

and after you throw abel in the corner, whiff a low forwrd, then do a jump forward fierce attack in the air
if abel tries to do ex roll out , he rolls INTO the corner. this is very advanced, master how to use it.

dont give abel any mistakes to punish. on abel you dont want to do safe jumps on him becauyse he can do ex throw as anti air. Your jump ins need to be a tad late, where he cant normal anti air you but he can’t ex throw you either. Conecting bison’s Forward version of scissor kicks and immediate jump is a good example. I’m tired, sorry about the typos

Wow, awesome. Cant wait to go home and try this roll trap out, thanks.

Im gonna see if I can get this thread stickied, iirc (without checking before i post this) the Ken forums have an ‘Ask Dr. Chaos’ thread similar to this.

Heyo,

I was watching AndyOCR on stream yesterday playing against Keno and I saw that he picked U1 instead of U2. I was arguing with DS over it on IRC and he also believes its the superior ultra in the MU because you can AA with it if he mistimes a jump or you can use it just for chip… I was wondering if you did the same? To me it seems like you won’t often get the chance to land an Ultra at all unless off a focus; what makes U2 shine though is that you can buffer QCFx2 whenever to counter random dash punches (and most Balrogs I play do indulge in throwing these out every so often), to the point where I would actually consider it a threat that should reside in every Balrog’s mind. But maybe I’m missing something here. Obviously, AE is taking this away but w/e~

Against really good Zangiefs, how do you manage to apply steady damage when all you want to do is run away? I cannot for the life of me think of a good game plan. I’m scared to throw out RHs because they’ll lose to random lariats and make me eat 5050s. I’m scared to random slide, even at max range because I’ll get sp’d. His footsies do match Bison’s easily and he can buffer into green hand~ Anti-airing is super risky because it often trades/loses. Maybe I need to experiment with c.Fierce a bit more~

That being said, are there any particular instances where you find yourself using c.Fierce/standing close Fierce as AAs? It feels so unnatural to me because you let your opponent’s body be so close to yours before reacting~

Finally, how do you deal with Sagats that will just jump back all day, corner themselves, throw tigers and whatnot and mix in the occasional TK to beat your attempts at advancing? I have no problems whatsoever with Sagats that will try to play footsies, but when they just run away, it feels more strenuous than fighting Dhalsims.

This is why Kim1234 is the best Bison.

My question: what do you do with s.strong?

Kim,

I would like a run through of the Akuma match and what the best way to deal with dive kick mix-ups including avoiding the cheap as fuck dive kick head grab. How do you play Akuma?

THX

Also, does Neurosis or TUC play anymore?
Are you ever going to get to EVO or any other major American tourneys?

Tested for the corner. It works! If he tries to be clever and teleport into the corner, he gets hit with the tail end (last hit) of auto-correct EX PC. If he teleports out of the corner, he eats the full thing.

Also, Abel setup works like a charm.

edit: also, wanted to say that you can safejump Adon by watching the impact rings / shockwaves that form around his body when he hits the ground. After the throw, you stand there, wait for the rings to fade to ALMOST nothing, and then jump in with j.RH. DEFINITELY room for error – ‘ALMOST’ nothing is so vague – but there is a legit safejump in there somewhere.

Is this for when Akuma quick stands or does it not matter?

Yea, this is for when he techs his wakeup.

p.s., play me motherfucker!

Sup broski,

How many match ups do you pick Ultra 2 for, and how many of those match ups do you even really get to use it?

Signed,
The Under Dic

Ey Kim
Is Kuma gonna troll for BP when AE comes out?
And wheres TUC? I didnt even see him at NSB

I have a lot of trouble with Balrog, Chun-Li, and Blanka players. Any tips you can offer?

And on the Adon match up, you say to use s.HP to beat out off the wall kicks. When should I do the fierce? When he’s on the wall?