ASCII Optical stick vs Sanwa Flash?

That would be a good explanation if I hadn’t used one from the DC stick and wired it up with a PS pcb.

~Paik

Maybe you got lucky? I dunno :frowning: Did you use a Dual Shock or original digital pcb?

did u try to make that wiring extra messy ? lol

I suppose I could cut the wires to length and join them together again but I’m far too lazy for that. It’s not like anyone can see it under the metal bottom :wink:

sanwa flash or ascii clones…i dont care as long as it has optical joystick :lovin:

but since sanwa flashes are extinct i ll settle with the ascii clone

someone knows
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1584/e35c1no6.th.jpg
this version has optical joystick or microswitches?

yo i got an ascii optical sometime ago…

for being a “knock off” it has really decent quality, i cant compare it to a sanwa flash since i ve dont have one but it certainly feels like a better quality joystick than any other hori and the likes i ve had…
the buttons suck though but its ok im gonna switch them with some sanwas soon…

studtrooper cool pix u should gather the mess inside a lil bit, other than that it looks fine

hey come on sanwa or seimitsu make some flash sticks!!!

edit:
kowal im not sure but i think this one is with switches…
how do you guys tell which is which?

yeah I know that buttons suck. I want to have only certainty that Flash clon is there. some versions ASCII stick FT had normal microswitches.

Kowal, that one you pictured is optical.

~Paik

thx Paik

I wonder if there is a way to tighten these ASCII sticks up without having it feel mushy? Replacing the stock spring with a JLF spring made it quick and loose to the point that charge characters rock, but doing stuff like QCF and SRKs are a little hit and miss.

Since I’ve been planning on doing the same mod, I was hoping you’d be able to clarify… do you like the feel of an actual Sanwa JLF?

I’d recommend emailing or PM’ing Per (TheRealNeoGeo from akihabarashop.jp) because I thiiiink Sanwa sells tighter/harder springs for JLF’s. I can’t promise because I’m not sure, but I think they make them. For all I know there might be some sort of Seimitsu spring that fits it too.

has anyone had 100% perfect fit on the square gate on this beast. ive tried shaving down the tabs, but all 4 never seem to click in. usually only 2 to 4

I do like the feel of a real JLF. Maybe a JLW spring? Dunno if those fit. I think Paik has retired from this thread :shake: Edit: never mind, I just saw his post from last week.

Mine fit perfectly. The only thing I’m worried about is the fact that the base is completely plastic, which makes me wonder how long this thing will last. I cringe every time I shake out of a dizzy :confused:

Haha, I’m still around. Just get around to posts after other people have already answered usually.

Sanwa doesn’t make a stiffer spring for the JLF but you can combine two or replace it with an LS-32 spring or even just find a spring on your own at a hardware store or something.

The gate should fit on but yeah it’s a bit tighter than the JLF. I know exactly what you mean though.

~Paik

Question… where can u get ASCII fight stick or an Ascii stick III???

how does it mod into a HRAP??? where would the 5v connect to on the HRAP???

was thinking about modding a HRAP w/ a ascii fight stick…

Oh yea is there a ps2 ascii stick w/ the same optical stick???

Thank You

RenoROB

anyone disassembled the ASCII Stick FT before? i’m putting in some sanwa buttons, and i’ve taken it apart to the point where all the screws are out, yet the PCB won’t budge… i’ve also pushed in those plastic things that hold it in.

any advice from someone before i just rip this thing apart and stick in a new PCB?

maybe the buttons are soldered on the pcb thats why it wont move…

so does that mean i have to destroy it by tearing it apart just to get access to the buttons? sorry, i’m not an expert in electronics…

no man you just have to desolder the points where buttons are soldered, no need to break anything and you ll keep the pcb too