Are there any safe ways to use SA3?

off a backthrow or lp flashkick on an aerial opponent?

Seems you can only do it safely in a dizzy.

I don’t play Elena any more but I would think it’s safe off of anything. Just for the simple fact that you can cancel out of it.

Any knockdown with enough space and the opponent doesn’t tech roll is a free healing. An example of things that can do this are DP+LK and a backthrow as you asked in your post. The only time its safe to heal after stun if the opponent doesn’t mash out of it.

so you can SA3 off a backthrow and block a EX fireball on wakeup?

You can cancel out of healing by hitting all three punches. So you can throw your opponent then heal. If your opponent tech rolls you just cancel out of healing and you’re golden.

but you don’t get all the heal?

Exactly. This is why healing is great against people who have a hard time getting back in on Elena after through (Hugo is the only solid example I know of). Just to reiterate you can throw healing an there’s nothing hugo can really do. So you get the full healing without having to worry about canceling out of it. Against a shoto they will probably tech roll and ex fireball. You won’t be able to defend against the fireball unless you cancel healing, but like you said, you cut your healing short, so you don’t make full use of the super.

Oro has a hard ass time catching up to her after throw as well. The threat of her being able to cancel it if he tries some crazy EX shit makes it harder as well.

I cancel healing mostly of her tick throws with down short, sweeps with round house, and flashkicks on parry hungry players that take the bait to easily.

But I definitely didn’t know you can cancel healing with all three punches, gotta use that against some people at my college now lol.

I’m not sure what you meant, but just to clarify, if you activate healing, you can cancel out of it by hitting all three punches. This means you recover faster, but gain less benefit from the healing.

Any time they are downed I activate healing is what I meant. (I think lol). But with this super I have to play hit an run like 12 in order to really use it in situations to get a perfect or to just survive lol.

I’m trying to recall ANY time such an option seems viable, but if your opponent is dizzy, why heal unless you’ve knocked them to the opposite side of the screen? I’m not even talking about getting the chance to use healing because they would be far away in that case: I mean, if you have full meter and they’re stunned, you’d probably wanna finish them off w/ an EX combo, and if that doesn’t kill them, you’d might have more meter left. If they’re stunned, they’re probably low on health already anyway, so you’d want to end the round/match.

Healing is AWESOME…but mostly cos it’s refreshing = near useless…:frowning:

Healing owns Hugo, and from the looks of it Oro, too.

I’m sorry, I know this topic is old, but I still play Third Strike a lot, and, although I first went with Chun-li, after I learned about how high she is on the tier list, and how many people choose her as their main (there has been numerous tournaments with mostly Chuns on the final) I decided to change my main char to Elena. And it’s beein great. Sure, she’s worse, but fun to use and I just really like picking not-so-popular-characters.

So, for the topic in mind. As I said, It’s old an probably nobody cares anymore, BUT if some other Elena fan, like me, show up here, I’ld like to leave my thoughs on the matter.

SA3, Healing, can the used mainly after a thrown. The moment you grab someone, mash the Healing and you should be able to get away with it. Anything besides that is really dangerous.

Healing and canceling, however, can be great to bait an attack. And you can also think about healing, instead of punishing, an attack that you dodged. That, however, is up to you, but let’s say you predicted and jumped over someone starting a long-animation Super Art. Instead of rushing to punish, maybe you ought Heal yourself. Sometimes I do that, but maily when I wanna heal to get a perfect. XD (by the way, “Perfect” by healing is extremely fun to do)

Anyway, that’s my contribution. Beats in my head, dudes! o/

it varies from character to character, and people have already mentioned the throw. That’s basically the only time i ever use it anyways haha, but in any case, healing isnt an SA i use a lot. (I use SA1 cuz im an EX whore)

Healing is my main Super Arts with Elena. It pisses off so many people.

I typically only heal after a throw.

Recently, an Alex player almost got me after I did that with the EX rush thing has has. That scared the shit outta me.

Clk or c mk, Elena foot srk xx HEERING. You get your heal on and they fly through the air. Works with every sa, but this has more parachute-less skydiving on your opponents’ part.

Also parry to Elena foot-rk xx super.