Arcadia Rankings- Why does no one post them anymore?

I miss the days when we could see what’s hot and what’s not in the Japanese arcades.

just check versus city, thats where everyone got them anyway

arcadiamagazine.com

aren’t the rankings on the right? dunno how accurate they are, but i check every once and a while and they look different each time. so i guess the online rankings get updated often enough to be considered valid. not sure how they compare to the print versions.

cuz tekken is alwayz on top and japwning other fighterz.

Reno didn’t mention any rankings since the April magazine.

Wow they actually updated the site? Last time I checked the list still had Daemon Bride in it (=extremely outdated), so thanks, I guess.

First place
??? ???VS.???NEXT Mobile Suit Gundam Gundam VS. Gundam NEXT
??? / 285.3 pts. <Namco> / 285.3 pts.

2 ? 2nd
??6 BLOODLINE REBELLION Tekken 6 BLOODLINE REBELLION
??? / 283.6 pts. <Namco> / 283.6 pts.

3 ? 3rd
??? ??? Continuum shift BlazBlue
??? / 233.0 pts. <Arc> / 233.0 pts.

4 ? 4th
GUILTY GEAR XX ?CORE GUILTY GEAR XX ? CORE
??? / 187.4 pts. <Arc> / 187.4 pts.

5 ? 5th
THE KING OF FIGHTERS2002 UNIMITED MATCH THE KING OF FIGHTERS2002 UNIMITED MATCH
?SNK??? / 105.4 pts. <Snkpureimoa> / 105.4 pts.

6 ? 6th
MELTY BLOOD Actress Again MELTY BLOOD Actress Again
??? / 91.4 pts. <Software Ecole> / 91.4 pts.

7 ? 7th
???3 Arcana 3
??? / 86.1 pts. <Exum> / 86.1 pts.

8 ? 8th
Virtua Fighter5 R Virtua Fighter5 R
??? / 79.2 pts. <Sega> / 79.2 pts.

9 ? 9th
STREET FIGHTER IV STREET FIGHTER IV
??? / 68.2 pts. <Capcom> / 68.2 pts.

10 ? 10th
SUPER STREET FIGHTER?X SUPER STREET FIGHTER ? X
??? / 48.3 pts. <Capcom> / 48.3 pts.

im wondering from what month is that list, considering that i dont see KOFXIII on it

fixed

lulz VF and SSF4 is ass over there.

nah gundam just took over the number one spot in the latest ranking, tekken has been on top for 5 straight years already.

remember that its VF5r, not FS
and that SF4 its being affected by SSF4 on console, though it was never popular compared to other games

Gundam took the #1 spot from tekken? Where’s my Tekken X Gundam? Its obvious that is what the Japanese arcade wants.

Son, srk does not live in japan.

Wow! I’ve never EVER seen ST in the Top 10 before. :clapdos:

Nah that list is the most recent one, as for KOF XIII not being in the Top 10 I can honestly say I’m not surprised :confused:

Nice to see ST up there though

I didn’t think GGAC would be so high still.

Why? It’s the best game on that list, don’t you know?

iirc, arcadia rankings determined by how profitable the game is, also factoring in how the price of the cabinet and costs to maintain it. it’s not completely determined by popularity.

this man speaks the truth

actually its by the number of plays that the games gets, yes its affected by the price of the game, but in the end it also have to do by the popularity
im not surprised to see sf4 so low, with ssf4 on consoles the game will be barely played

If you must know, I stopped updating VC with it because after finding out about how they collect their data, I didn’t feel like it was an honest representation of the popularity of the top games. I have no doubt that games like GvsG and Tekken are the most popular games, but when you have sites like Amusement Journal putting out completely different data for their stats, I gotta call everyone’s data into question.

Look at it this way, Amusement Journal has this for their top 5 (based on income)

Tekken 6 BR
Gundam vs Gundam
Blazblue
Street Fighter 4
King of Fighters 13

Arcadia has this for the top 5 (based on a questionnaire)
Gundam vs. Gundam
Tekken 6 BR
Blazblue
Guilty Gear XX ACore
Melty Blood

FYI, KOF13 is at 7 and Street Fighter is at 10

Why is there such a discrepancy after Blazblue? I have noooo clue, but that’s the main reason why I stopped posting them. I don’t want to deceive or otherwise misinform people with this data.

Well I learned something new today, thanks for the info Reno

Yeah, you have to really look into things.

I understand, but I still prefer to have all the data available and take it with a grain of salt than to have nothing at all.