approach

How do you approach with storm, i can land her combos in practice mode but in an actual match with her i find it almost impossible to get them off.

Best thing is to watch high-level play:
This is my MvC3 playlist there’s tons of matches: Start by watching PR Balrog, there’s one match that he makes a crazy comeback with Storm as the last character alive.

Basic Storm approach is with triangle jumps, and altering instant over-head attack with air to ground crouching L. If you have a good assist, high jump and float towards your opponent, call the assist before or after you cross up, to mix him up. Also, just stay at maximum poke range, Storm has an awesome dash, so it’s easy to dash and punished whiffed attacks during recovery. Also, don’t focus on getting in too much, let them come to you, if they high jump, dash and suprise them with S (launch) it’s a decent AA.

My favorite Storm players: Fanatiq, AndyOCR, Sanford Kelly, PR Balrog, and Justin Wong.
There are many other great Storm users like Masta CJ, DemonHyo, Viscant, DiosX, Neo, Koreanwhiteboy, Xian, House of Paincakes, Illest, Chris Martix, Eduardo Perez, Nachos, Shankar Tablada (? sorry if misspelled), KChow, Sas, Haunts, Mike Ross, etc… There’s a lot of player out there, it’s good to watch as many as possible because the team synergy determines the play style, so you can learn most ways than one to exploit Storm.

*PR Rog vs Ramsey, I believe

This is one of my favorite PR Rog matches [COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000ff]vs Tokido[/COLOR][/COLOR]

So what do you guys follow the c.L with? s.L s.M c.M is what I’m trying to do. She is tough to learn.

I prefer to follow with cr.M because it has less push back. My Storm bnb after cr.M:
s.H, cr.H > j.c. > j.M, j.M, j.H > land > cr.M, s.H, cr.H, S > etc… (usually j.M, j.H, j.S)

depends what you want after c.L.

you can probably throw out c.L 2 times. Double low poke, +1 or 2 on block can’t remember, chains into her combo. This can be pretty tricky because say you do c.L, c.L, c.M, c.H, @ a tip range, forces you to do alternate bnb combos. You gain a good hit confirm series but your combo has to change. c.L, c.L, c.M, c.H from in deep still allows the bnb’s to function properly though.

c.L+pin assist, s.m, jump air dash or float mixups depending on your assists or if you’re in the corner. You kind of want your storm game to transition into these because its free pressure.

if you’ve already know c.L will hit like after an air dash c\s, its easier to just do c.L, c.M, c.H, bnb out

my friends and I discuss which is a better generic multipurpose pattern c.L x2 or c.L, s.m. They both serve a purpose and it boils down to what you’re getting. If someone is jumpy, c.L x2 can catch people holding up. c.L, s.M allows storm to repressure if they’re sitting for you c.L x2.

you could always just push the first poke but that within itself changes how the game is played as you can always stagger or fake 1 layer. Once you know how to play the first layer, the 2nd one opens up for free and those 2 options become really useful when you can mixup off them properly. They transition into 1 another seamlessly and it turns a fundamental basic option set into a pretty effective mixup game.

The problem I find is that, especially when assists are involved, if you aren’t point blank (and even when you are, if an assist hits), the most basic of combos don’t complete. I have no problem at all landing the first hit, but converting that to a launch doesn’t seem to happen even half of the time! And this is definitely, for me, a Storm-specific issue. And I’m maining a team right now with Storm in the 2 spot (Ammy Storm Sent), and it’s getting harder and harder to stick with it. I just happen to love the team game plan.

On a side note, how are you guys converting air-to-air hits into combos to launch, etc?

any air to air hit, u should try to air dash cancel to the ground and do standin M into low H jump cancel into BnB combos

storms j.h as an air hit will always hit a NJing character to the ground. That means j.h on hit versus NJing opponents gives your a free s.m, c.h string. Thats why NJ, adf H is really good with storm. Its an OS throw and if they swing out of throw range, j.h has a really good hit box and sets up an easy combo attempt.

sj counter hits are a bit trickier. If its @ the right height you can just air dash down and rejump h or just do SJ h, adf h, strike x2-3, lighting super. You can’t get them back to the ground from every height but if you know what to do, its very likely you can guide them back to the ground for an extended combo.

i can’t find my brady bible at home anywhere, does anyone have the frame data for air lightning attack on block? sometimes after a blocked trijump, without cover of assists, i’ve found you can catch people with a sj up back, and lightning attacking back at them. the reasoning is that after a trijump where you go low afterwards, people have a tendency to jump to avoid the high/low mixup. the lightning attack catches them if they try to follow you/press a button/not block/pushblock an attack that doesnt happen. however the people i’ve been playing against locally haven’t been punishing this(aside from haggar), so i need to know if its INCREDIBLY unsafe and they just arent punishing it, or if its safe from certain ranges