Anyone have good corner EX Aegis combos?

Can’t get Colonel’s Urien combo to work at all. After the second tackle, the dummy ends up blocking at some point. Tried some variations but something always goes wrong before the low fierce.

In the process of trying that one, I think I made up a weird/pointless combo against Urien but I can’t even do the whole thing. I assume it works since I can do the first part and last part successfully by themselves. If someone with great execution wants to test it out for confirmation, that would be cool.

c.LP x LK tackle, c.LK x LK tackle, c.HP (opponent bounces off final hit of aegis), dash back, LK tackle, MP headbutt

Very difficult because the way you normally charge during a c.HP is too long for a partition, so you have to start charging in the middle of the move.

I’ve been able to reproduce Da Colonel’s Urien combo several times; i can confirm that it does work. His Hugo combo on the other hand I cannot reproduce. I’ve combod up to the s.lp many times and always have it whiff. Da Colonel, can you try your combo again and confirm that it works?

I have some free time, I can make a vid of all these combos ,if you like, when you guys think this thread is big enough.

Also, I’ve been experimenting on Elena and Necro and I can’t find any. I’ll keep trying Also, I’m having trouble with Da Colonel’s combo on Alex/Hugo. Anyone help?

Thanks for the update and edit, ?fire chocobo?. Maybe you should explain REMY’s set a little more.

‘Ramza126’, it would be great if you make a video of all these combos. Besides, could you help me in my thread??‘URIEN’s medium level CHARGE PARTITION’?

When someone tells me that there is enough combos to work with, I will make the vid. No point in making a vid if more combos are being added daily. So, whenever you feel there is enough combos and everyone has contributed, tell me

I’ve been experimenting on Remy, and I found out that you can get quite an interesting combo using the ex headbutt during the combo. Goes like this:

UOH xx EX Aegis , st.jab x st.strong x LK or MK tackle, st.MP xx EX Headbutt

Now after the ex headbutt ,Remy bounces off the Aegis. You can charge back during the ex headbutt then do toward + lk or mk to do a reverse tackle to bring him back. I’m not sure if you can juggle remy after the reverse tackle, but who knows, maybe a cr.roundhouse at the end?

Vid: http://files.filefront.com/Remyavi/;10608620;/fileinfo.html

Yea, agreed. Also, like I posted earlier, I couldn’t get Da Colonel’s Hugo combo to work. The Alex one I got to work some of the time. But, the problem I have is that some of the time s.lp whiffs. Is that the problem you’re having?

Explanation of the Remy Setup: The combo starts with lp, c.hp. Remy then takes a hit from the EX Aegis and flies out of the corner. Urien lk tackles towards midscreen to catch Remy and knock him back into the EX Aegis to continue the juggle. Refer to post #20 for how to do the reverse lk tackle. After Remy bounces off the EX Aegis, Urien can juggle for an additional tackle. If hk tackle is used, Remy will get knocked into the EX Aegis one final time and then bounce towards Urien. Urien cannot (or atleast I could not) get any more hits in after this final hit from the EX Aegis. So, it’s best to whiff a couple normals after the hk tackle and then set down an Aegis Reflector for a free unblockable, should you have built back enough meter.

I hope that explanation was satisfactory. Please pose some questions if anything is unclear. And I want to restate that I dislike this setup. It requires a lot of acrobatics for not much damage. But I posted it because it’s marginally better than nothing.

Hey Da Colonel, did you come up with those Hugo and Alex setups or did you get them from here:

[media=youtube]JkNs_PUsR3w[/media]

Just wondering whom I should give credit to.

Da Colonel’s Hugo combo finally confirmed. You need to use mk tackle not lk tackle.

ahh the reason why the second lp does not work i think its because you have to walk forward slightly within the second lp im sure ive done it before numerous times i think another one for hugo is stng lp lp mp tackle lk cr hp im not sure on this one so please let me know if it does show results

o it was from marlevous one full credit it goes to him for the alex one

fire chocobo, is there any possibility you could provide a vid of that Remy example? Or perhaps Ramza126 could do it whenever he gets the time.

I have yet to try this, but I hope to practice it soon. I also need to work on Urien’s and Alex’s combos. Thx for the list guys!

uoh combo on Remy:

You can build back roughly half a meter. Important If you didn’t start with ~1.5 meter or more at the beginning of the combo, don’t bother trying to land the hk tackle. Just go for lk or mk tackle instead. They are much easier to land but will not cause Remy to knock into the Aegis Reflector one final time. Since you won’t have enough meter for the unblockable, it doesn’t really matter.

Not a very practical combo.

It can be summarized that two setups are common & important here:
One is the setup on shotos. The other is the setup on DUDLEY.

Very nice combo! Great find! I posted my combo a while ago but I don’t think you saw it! :smokin:

It is post No.25. Could you please add that combo to the list? :pray:

I saw your combo when you first posted it, but then completely forgot about it! Sorry about that! I had trouble with it until I realized you have to start the combo outside of the corner. I was concerned about how range specific it is and what the full potential of the combo is. I know on one occasion I got the combo out such that Remy stayed in the corner instead of crossing over and I was able to continue juggling him too. Not sure what I did differently to be honest. I’m kinda wrapped up with a couple projects at the moment, so I’ll leave the experimentation for a later date.

Thread updated.
Sorry again!

also ppl lp mp work on chun lil and the shotos combo works on dudley if u want to set up for a cr hp

No problem, keep up the good work

Don’t know if anyone has seen this vid, but could the end combo work on hugo from the UOH setup?
[media=youtube]nAr5uyhsiok&feature=PlayList&p=6E339DE8A6975235&index=1[/media]

…it’s at the end of the vid btw.
My execution and knowledge isn’t good enough to confirm if this works.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned!