Anyone else have a problem with the ranked play system?

Every time I’ve gone on to play Ranked, it puts me up against rank 40+. I’ve tried at numerous times of the day and have only once come up against someone my own rank. Is it just that everyone who plays this game is now elite online or is that the match-up system sucks?

The matchmaking system is random, as far as I can tell; sometimes I get matched-up with ranks lower than mines, and then there are times when I encounter ranks higher than mines.

Originally, though, DHG once had it so that if you were at a specific rank, you’ll be matched-up with players at your level, but people didn’t take interest in that idea, so they decided to revert back the previous matchmaking system.

Most of the high ranks arent that good. Definitely not j wong pr rog elite. They just play a lot. If you get the right amount of practice you can beat them and you get big points for beating them. If they beat you you barely lose any. No risk to playing a high rank so always take the opportunity.

Ive made side accounts before and it usually matched me with people of my rank until I got high ranked. When I was free I was only getting matched with frees or young bloods.

In any event, take it as a good thing and if you ever want help or practice towards beating them just hit me up online and we can practice. C88 Deviljin01

I will probably do that Mr Tekken man! I play it a lot and I’m fairly good at using Sabrewulf… Just I can’t deal with Sadira too well

Sabrewulf does pretty well against Sadira outside of her instinct so you should be good for that matchup with practice also. Just get one knockdown and learn your frame traps and how to stuff her reversals which have almost no invincibility

Cheers for the tips bud! I’ll probably get better when I have more time to throw at the game, just at present… exams

For the most part I am matched up with players of similar rank. I have faced a few players 10-12 ranks higher than I and some 40’s as well.

Things have gotten much better since the S2 patch went up. You’ll still play against much higher ranks here and there but its better than before. Also the ranking system is going to change pretty drastically come January.