Any PS3-based events near Seattle/Eastside?

Every event posting in or around Seattle seems to be 360-based (Microsoft country n’ whatnot). I don’t want to have to dual-mod my sticks just to play locally… all of my private groups/friends are PS3 based (like the rest of the FGC) so it would be nice if we could find local scenes that were PS3 based.

Actually the vast majority of the community plays on the 360 because for the most part its superior to the ps 3 versions. Example UMVC 3 has frame drop on stages on the ps3 but doesn’t on the 360. Tekken area’s tend to be ps3 based because until 6 that was the only system you could play it on. Depending on who you ask EVO was either sponsored at one point or they bought ps3’s so they could use it for tekken. WNF for example is played on 360 and. so cal regionals were on a 360. The only thing that is consistently played on a ps3 is MK 9 because 360 wont save the hot fixes offline.

Are you talking about the beginning of a match before the fight starts? I don’t think that affects general gameplay like it did in Vanilla. I thought tourney’s used 360’s because they’re cheaper, not better. Even still, I’m still hoping that some local events will some day use PS3’s so I don’t have to dual-mod all of my (and my friends) sticks. That would mean I would have to dust off and plug in my 360 just to test it.

Your best bet is just to get a dual mod, or find a cheap xbox stick.

I can dual mod a stick just fine, but it’s not just me… it’s me and all of my friends… we’re all on PS3, so EVERYONE would have to get their stick dual-modded (which would fall on my shoulders naturally). It’s so weird… every time we bring in a new friend-of-a-friend to join, they’re all on PS3… I don’t get why the tourney’s are all held on 360, except that they’re cheaper. =/

But I didn’t make this thread to whine about it, I made it to ask if there WERE any PS3 based events going on. That’s all.

Nope they use them because they are better and more people have them.

Word I understand why it would be a hassle. Unfortunately, 98% of the scene around here is xbox based. If you want to be a part of the community it may be worth it to dual mod and or track down the necessary equipment.

On a side note if you really want to join the community around here lots of people would let you use their stick to play if you just showed up.Even if you just got one stick that has duel mod you could share it with your friends don’t really need everyone to have a stick of their own that they can use right off it should just be the goal if you end up wanting to go to a lot of the events.

When we play at Gameclucks in Lynnwood and Dante’s in Seattle we sometimes have PS3s going but mostly use 360s.

(Not saying people shouldn’t have their own sticks, makes things a lot easier but not necessary to start playing with the community.)

alot of top players said PS3 SF4:AE version is closer to the arcade version, people still play on xbox version.

I just wanted to address this point. They’re not chosen for tournaments because they are cheaper - tournament organizers here typically rely on volunteers/players to supply equipment, so the ‘cost’ of these systems is irrelevant. They are chosen for tournaments because that is what the players have, and so that’s what’s available.

(If somebody says that they’re used because they’re better, I don’t believe that either. Tournament organizers use what is available, and most of the time there is no real choice about what system to play a game on.)

Now if you want to believe that the players have chosen to buy them simply because they’re cheaper, that’s your call.

I’ve got a PS3 as well, and the only weekly event I have been to uses mostly xboxen :frowning: Guess it’s time to pony up for an eight-arc…

I know it’s easy to mod a 360 stick to dual mod, but I heard it’s magnitudes harder to do a PS3 stick into a dual mod.