anti morridoom

does chris have anything to beat morridoom or just morrigan spam in general

“eat lead” puts a hurting on Doom missiles and hopefully you are using Jam Session or Vajra so morrigan cant do whatever she wants in the air all day. prone shot is also hilariously effective at avoiding bullet hell crap and you can cap Doom in the shins

Anti-Morrigan - She’s not much of a long distance threat (assuming you can keep her grounded) until she triggers astral vision. You can prone under 75% of what she throws out and you can super jump in if you have a good assist covering you. If she rushes you down DO NOT throw out a landmine. Shell kick will ruin it for free and make you upset. You can try grenades but you have to anticipate the jump in or else she’ll interrupt your start up. I’d also recommend not going for throws, she’s too slippery for that. If you can get a lucky magnum shot in right as she triggers the astral vision, she’ll get hit. Confirming a shot after it hits depends on whether or not she called an assist or covered with a soul fist before the super.

Anti-Missiles - Magnum is of course a favorite. If you tag the assist you can try and get two more shots in via jumps, but a soul fist will probably tag you by then. If you can get close enough to toss some fire, do that. Doom will get interrupted by it and you can shoot him for extra damage. Also don’t be afraid to try the grenade launcher. Even if you get interrupted after the first shot, the ice grenade will freeze Doom for a couple of seconds which gives you a chance to go in. Depending on your DHC of choice, you can really punish Doom but you have to be careful because Morrigan can always do that lame invincible uppercut thing to save him.

The biggest mistake you can make in this match up is having a lack of patience. Don’t be afraid to block and jump until astral vision runs out. The problem starts only when you get hit even once. It won’t always be the best option to wait things out, but Chris having a large amount of health to work with really helps.
I also recommend vajra or jam session for assists, and I’ll also throw in missiles because IMO the easiest way to counter missiles is with more missiles.

would a magnum that goes through a soul fist be able to punish it or no

Soul Fists eat Magnum shots clean…

then what beats soul fists i feel like i’ve beaten one with a magnum before…

You’re right actually. My bad for the false information. Maybe I was just getting my butt handed to me that bad, haha. The Magnum shot beats the Soul Fist clean, without being nullified and will punish Morrigan.

I haven’t extensively tested this but I just noticed over the weekend at Winter Brawl that shell kick completely misses Chris in prone position.
This could be important.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/52460/ChrisD">ChrisD</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I haven’t extensively tested this but I just noticed over the weekend at Winter Brawl that shell kick completely misses Chris in prone position.
This could be important.</div>
</blockquote>

Just tested it and it can hit Chris but it has to be done later in the jump.

Ah yea that would make sense. The average morrigan air dash in is at a higher height, so I think it’s still worth trying out if she tries to go in without missiles coming down.

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/52460/ChrisD">ChrisD</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Ah yea that would make sense. The average morrigan air dash in is at a higher height, so I think it’s still worth trying out if she tries to go in without missiles coming down.</div>
</blockquote>

The issue is she almost always throws a Soul Fist before she air dashes into Shell Kick, which is what makes her rush down tough to deal with. Flamethrower can help clear them but if she dashes over your head and presses S, there’s not much Chris can do.<div><br></div><div>One thing that can help against Missiles is learning how to plink dash. Chris has one of the best back dashes in the game and he can get full screen in no time if you plink it. If you haven’t learned to do this yet, I suggest putting some effort into it. Much tougher on pad but still possible.</div>

I used prone while playing against JRosa this past weekend @ Winter Brawl. It works well…until you get hit either by Hidden Missiles or Morrigan jumping and performing Soul Fist. My dashing isn’t the best with Chris so I will need to work on plink dashing with him. Thanks vsDenjin.<br>

<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/12674/Needlecrash">Needlecrash</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I used prone while playing against JRosa this past weekend @ Winter Brawl. It works well…until you get hit either by Hidden Missiles or Morrigan jumping and performing Soul Fist. My dashing isn’t the best with Chris so I will need to work on plink dashing with him. Thanks vsDenjin.<br></div>
</blockquote><div><br></div>

I suck at it too but I’m getting better. You should do a write up on your experience at Winter Brawl. People you played and stuff like that. The more detailed, the better, haha.

I was at Winter Brawl, as well, and I made top 32. Eh. I didn’t realize you were there, needlecrash. I only saw one other Chris player the entire weekend and I forget his name now : /
I played a morrigan in pools but he had jam session and shopping cart behind her, not missiles. Pretty easy to keep away from that.
I’ve played Rosa many times in past casuals. My first post in this thread is mostly inspired by how I did against him. I once started out a match with magnum and it hit since he wanted the astral vision right away. Kinda funny.