Android 16 Thread - KillSonGoku.exe

Compiling character subthreads, post your tech/discussion here!

Please @ me if any tech you’d like adding to the OP comes up!

1 Like

What are the options after a grounded grab in the corner with no assists?

@stronzolo thanks for the video

Are y’all running android 16 on point, or where do you like to put him on your team?

16 is a point character. He’s immobile (for this game) and really wants both assists to optimize damage/mix ups

Which grab? They each do different things

L. The usual combo ender. IAD j.m is good enough with the autocombo putting them back in the corner.
Caved in and made a twitter.

That air grab after the midscreen rocket punches is fucking me up real time. If you do only one rocket punch, it becomes way easier, and you’d be sacrificing just 25 damage in that combo.

Reposting for information. Reflect against Android 16 (A16)'s meaty 236S could possibly get him punished (-11 upon reflect).

What’s ever bodies meter less and assist less bnbs?

Off a crouch L:
Crouch L, stand LL, MM, SS, HH (last H is a super dash into an airborne opponent), ML, up forward jump cancel LL, SS xxx 214 L - 3340 damage

Off a crouch M:
Crouch M, stand M, up forward jump cancel LLLH (H is a super dash), ML, up forward jump cancel LL, SS xxx 214 L - 4350 damage

Off a standing M:
MM, SS, HH, ML, up forward jump cancel LL, SS xxx 214 L - 4370 damage it turns into 3810 damage if you start with an IAD M

These don’t work on kid buu and gotenks very well

Snapback oki stuff with A16

1 Like

Is anyone able to extend grab combos with Kid Buu assist?
I’m trying to add him to my team but the assist seems lacking in the combo extension department

Labbed with the kid buu assist with what little time I had and found that timing of the kid buu assist is the key, and it’s a little strict to time with.

Tested it with one of my bnbs:

Crouch M, stand M, up forward jump cancel LLLH (H is a super dash), ML, up forward double jump cancel LL, SS xxx 214 L+kid buu assist, stand M xxx 236 M

The 214 L+KB assist is more of piano press starting with L then to KB assist and how fast you do depends on the outcome.

Sometimes the assist will whiff and sometimes the opponent will be combo to high and the 236M will whiff. The above combo done properly will get a ground bounce from the stand M in between the KB assist.

I usually get the desired outcome from a medium speed piano.

For some reason I can only get this outcome in midscreen, when it’s in the corner I can only do a standard air combo during the KB assist.

Hope this helps you.

Err just pinging you here because i found a very simple 1.2 bar starter + sparking corner ToD with 16 using the 16/Cell/Vegeta team. with pretty much the same idea’s as the one i tried with Cell.

5MM 5SS 236S sparking 2M5M jM jLjMjH jLjMjH 214L Cell assist, SD jLjM jLjM 236L + vegeta asssit Dragon Rush 236M DHC into big bang and Cell lvl 3. deal 10036 dmg

I think a 2M5M jM jM jSS sparking starter might work for a midscreen variation that would also ToD.

1 Like

I never thought of using jSS as much until using it that early for Sparking. I may need to try it. I used to just go with 2M5M > jM > jM xx Sparking > 2M5M > jML > jLLL xx SD > jML xx 214L (insert traditional assist carry combo setup). Did decent damage.

I may give that a try sometime this weekend.

Sry reposting the stuff because fucktons of edit, and the last version had a mistake in it (lvl2 sparking was on instead of lvl 1)

So far i cant do more than 9985 on the midscreen variant. Havent labbed that too much but basically gotta cut most of the jL’s out of it. And i need to find a way to squeeze some in or J’SS’s for that itsy bit more damage

Well…by replacing the last 236L with the EX version it connect allowing to be a midscreen ToD with 3.1 meter starting. I’ll try to add one jab here and there to make it like 2.8 meter start eventually. But it’s at least a 2M starter working from midscreen.

2M5M jM jM jSS sparking 2M5M jL jM jMjH SD jLjMjH Cell assist superdash jM jM 236H +vegeta assist Dragon Rush 236L lvl 1 into big bang attack into cell lvl3. 10039 dmg

Also work as
2M5M jM jM jSS sparking 2M5SS5H SD jMjH jMjH 214L Cell assist superdash jM jM 236H +vegeta assist Dragon Rush 236L lvl 1 into big bang attack into cell lvl3. 10039 dmg
I think this one for from a bit further than midscreen.

2nd edit.

Combining the good stuff of the two. Starting 1.25 meter, midscreen ToD with 2 assist and Sparking.

2M5M jM jM jSS sparking 2M5MjMjH SD jMjH jMjH j214L Cell assist jM jM j236L +vegeta assist Dragon rush 236L lvl 1, DHC into big bang DHC into Cell lvl 3 10049 dmg.

Another last edit.

To link jSS after jM. You need to have the starting 2M at very close range wich is no good.
So to get the same ToD desired effect from a good range 2M start. You can just sparking before those JSS and add jL’s before the last jM’s.
wich make that simple ToD
EDIT : i had sparking lvl 2 on xD. Here is the version with sparking lvl 1, gotta add one jL and it work again as a ToD xD.
2M5M jM jM sparking 2M5MjMjH SD jMjH jLjMjH j214L Cell assist jLjM jLjM j236L +vegeta assist Dragon rush 236L lvl 1, DHC into big bang DHC into Cell lvl 3 10014dmg

1 Like

Double post cuz well almost identical stuff to the one above but with another practical use.

sooo 16 got nerfed, no more HKD no more big man setplay. Every 16 player sometime start a round with a meaty 5M so if you got the 1.02meter you can nyx the opponent using sparking that will be fun and interactive.

As the last one i tried to make it the simplest most practical possible.

1 Like