Amaterasu DHC Trick Follow-ups

As everyone must know by now, Amaterasu is a great character to use for following up the DHC trick using the Veil of Mist hyper. (More information about the mechanics in this thread: http://shoryuken.com/f340/dhc-trick-damage-hit-stun-scaling-reset-267849/) However, I can’t help but feel like I’m not using this trick to the maximum potential and I’m curious to know what follow-ups everyone has developed for this.

My standard follow-up (which is sort of crappy but works against low-health characters) is this: (in Solar Flare) :m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:h:, j.:h:, :qcf::h:, land, :m:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:h: xx :qcf::atk::atk:.

This string seems to work pretty consistently, although comboing Okami Shuffle at the end can be tricky timing. Another string I found was:

(in Glaive) :qcf::m: (full-charge), :qcf::s:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:s:, air :df::h:, air :qcf::s: xx :qcf::atk::atk: (follow-up as necessary)

This one can be difficult to time but seems to be a lot more damage if you can land it (I don’t have exact numbers but I could put them together).

The slow down makes it a little tougher to get away with air throw resets, but I’ll throw those in sometimes. What really bothers me about these two strings is the amount of meter they spend.

The classic no-meter follow-up that I don’t quite have down yet is in Glaive, :qcf::l: (no-charge) forever - but is this really the best followup? It’s very tricky to pull off mid-screen, is there another mid-screen option?

What follow-ups to the DHC trick do you use?

I’ve tried a lot of different variations on this, and the most damage I can get - and what I always go for - is

(:d::d::m:) :qcf::l: x6 :s: sj.:qcf::h:, (slight delay) [:h:] |> :qcf:[:l:] :qcf::l:.

Works anywhere, pushes the opponent to the corner if they’re not already in it.

[media=youtube]1CIP6WogsOc[/media] as an example.

I’ve been trying some different stuff. I go from Dante long ass combo > grapple > DT xx DHC mist.

From there I got this combo (midscreen only)

:d::d::m:>let them get low :m:>:h:>:qcf::l:>:qcf::l:>(here you have to do it opposite direction):qcf::l: back and forth a few times>:s:^:m::go for air exchange back to dante

If I just keep going without the exchange I can get about ~910k for two meters. It does more damage than any other combo I could find after DHC glitch to Ammy. Cuz DHC glitch from Dante to Ammy only works midscreen, Dante can’t really grapple in the corner.

There might be more there, cuz I only really tried about half an hour.

edit: found a better one

:d::d::m:>let them get low :m:>:h:>:qcf::l:>:qcf::l:>(two same direction, then third the opposite, then back and forth):qcf::l:>:qcf::l:>:qcf::l:>:s:^:qcf::h:> immediately charge :h: does about 1mil. If you add an okami shuffle it does ~1,188,000. Requires no ground bounce before DHC (not sure if ground bounce gets reset or not)

Maybe if I landed after the charged H and did another :qcf::l: it would do more. Or if I did air exchange and did a Dante combo.

I never thought about starting the Thunder Edge string with :m: :h: - that might make it a lot easier to land. Thanks I’m going to practice that tonight!

Anyone else have a different variation?

using x-23/ammy/wesker, her b&b will always bring them to the corner if you end with wesker OTG, 236(A) xx super. DHC, 22B, 236A x5, B S sj 236C, ©, land, 6C C C C. depending on how much damage you did with x-23, this will 100% like 95% of the characters in the game

if you have an extra bar, you can go for the overkill and doing 236(A), S xx 2369ABC after you land. or level 3 instead of launching if you like wasting meter

If you are having problems starting some of the tighter combos remember you can still call assists after the trick,

On a related note I always start with ame point and then use the dhc glitch to either wolverine or wesker. Only problems are that I only ever get the glitch off a lucky counter or off an air throw which are few for me. Even then, weaker doesn’t seem to be able to do a lot of damage even with relaunch. Wolverine is cool but timing is strict I guess. Although berserker slash loops look awesome in the veil of mist. Anyone else doing something similar?

i play ammy wolverine so no matter whos in i feel like i have a chance… if its ammy going into wolverine BC, you can berserker slash x 6 dash H S combo into super, or knockdown slide, call assist (if its a nasty one) the knockdown does 670k off ammys grab and you get a mixup as they get back up…
If its the last character, i started doing grab dhc glitch to wolverine x factor berserker slash x 7 dash H S and if you end in super they will fall out (usually) but eat chip and die, this is using lvl 1 xf

If you normal jump air dash block and press H near them i’ve seen ammy have some high priority or a free tech or grab

EDIT: here’s what the reset looks like, no follow up here though [media=youtube]hZEXYfgMQ_k&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

I pretty much use the slash loops as well although i’ve been using berserker barrage to barrage x ender, gonna try just relaunching though.

Another option for setting up a throw is through crafty resets. There is one somewhere in the ame forums that uses the sword stance, but here is one that i use with disc that works a lot. Only problem is that your opponent falls from a very high spot, making timing with wolverine a little tricky.

DISC: cr :l::m:h:::f:+:h:x5, :s: sj :m::m::h::h::h::qcf:+:h: land :m::s: sj :m::h::h::h: :qcf:+:l: air throw off the reset.

Its really tricky if your opponent isn’t used to it. I used this all night and i think only one of my opponent’s teched it and that was like after playing him 15 times or so.

that is pretty tricky i only used qcf+L for running away lol

i usually drop the the loop if im only using lightning edge, so i use st.H xx lightning edge instead, do it 5 times then launch, J.S, glaive dive xx Glaive chop, does a little over 600k

I stopped bothering with hitting them on the way down and instead, otg with glaive dive, glaive chop, ten start the qcf.l reps. So much easier now that I realize the glitch causes a hard knockdown

I go for style points and change to sword stance if I’m not in it, and loop them with S into a full charged jump C. I think you can get three if you time it right and still get another launch. Or just go for two, stance change back to disc, mash out some st.C and launch xx super~

been using the DHC glitch~ (glaive) S., j. hold Cx2,(land) j. hold C, (land) S j. hold Cx2 (land) S j.S d/fC

but the x6 qcf A seems way better/more damaging. will practice/check it out

I actually stopped doing :qcf::l: reps in favor of :s: sj.[:h:] j.[:h:] |> j.[:h:] |> :s: sj.[:h:] j.[:h:] |> :qcf:[:l:] dash :s: sj.:s: j.:df::h:, which I find to be significantly more consistent and viable against every character (some people fall out of :qcf::l: reps). But unless my opponent is Thor the lower damage will not come up from any of my setups, so…

hit the lab today to see if i want to start using ammy came up with this combo. otg Elemental rage into Mist into weapon change M S 8 [j.H][j.H] H 236L HS 8 [j.H] mist ends [j.H] exchange down explosion right before hitting the ground 9[j.H] 6HHHH. seems to work pretty well. ammys part does 578,600 damage and off of storm it kills most characters. way easier than reps of 236A for comparable damage.

What I do now is King Kobun DHC to slow super. While King Kobun is hitting, I hardtag from Ammy to Sentinel and continue the combo from there.

posted this in the x-23 forums about a week ago

Hmmm, I’m doing this from Mags to her, but Is there something wrong with

(glaive) :s: > j.:h: x2 (land) j.:h: (land) :s: > j.:h: x2 (land) j.:h: xx j. :qcf:+:s: xx Shuffle

? Keep in mind, Magneto almost always DHC tricks in the corner.

That’s pretty much what stark posted a few posts up, minus the shuffle (which you probably wouldn’t need for most chars).

Also, whenever I DHC trick in the corner (kinda rare with my team), I tend to go for the qcf+A glaive loop, since there’s no worry about side switching.