Alex vs Hugo

What are the best options for this match?

Wake up STUNGUN… Cr. roundhouse!? :lol:

Here’s some tips that’ll help if the Hugos you play aren’t idiots–

Pick SA2. EXs> Supers.

Hugo can’t duck the T+FP lariat. Great zoning tool in this fight.

Once you’re in you can go to work with UOHs, MPs, and throws. UOH’s will go over Hugo’s lows usually the “go to” moves for Hugo players. At most ranges even a blocked UOH will deliver positive frames. Throw out standing MP to stuff counter pokes. If they start going for 360’s during your shenanigans just start jumping and giving them the business from the air. Or use that SWEET SWEET ROUNDHOUSE.

Alex’s s.MP is really fucking fast for what it does. It really shines in this match up.

-Use it to stop random shit on start up.

-Use it to punish shit. Cancel into appropriate special if it hits.

-Use it as an anti air. Cancel into random special if it gets parried.

-Use it to build meter.

-Use it to make Julienne fries!

You should be in control of this match. Do you have any specific questions?

conciquences!

Roundhousing Hugo’s Air Backbreaker attempts is one of the greatest feelings in the world

alex wrecks hugo.

f+hp is good too, i dunno maybe i just have a thing for hittin him in the jaw with some stun bar filling.

spam far strong. if you jump in, jump away immediately with fierce. toward fierce rapes hugo’s recovery too.

Otherwise just punish mistakes. I have no real way of getting inside to a hugo but its never necessary because the hugo’s I play either like to jump and parry shit all day (adolfo) or rely on their wake up game mostly. Which is where I excel. On wake up, whether it be mine or theirs.

I’m sorry I Dont’ agree with SA3 here either.

All I could add is that the DDT switches places with Hugo for some reason and that can confuse people sometimes into letting you do it twice in a row because you’re coming in from the opposite direction, just a stupid one-off trick to do if they enjoy wakeup standing block or something, you can get backbroken though so don’t if they seem to do that on wakeup.

and I forgot to mention that this is the only match I find full screen fireballs viable. For when they’re turtling and building meter with st. strong or the claps.

oh wait not the ken forum.
hahah

what

…:wtf:

Yea Im with you lol… :wtf:

you guys both suck with hugo.

:

…sure, but everybody already knows that…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:-\ now I feel bad.

Because a money match against a guy I have no trouble beating is the true indicator of what do…

Why did you delete your initial post, buddy?

At least you’re honest.

I think instead of calling it information, you should call it advice.

And what did the posts say? I wanna know.

I CLAM to be the best ken in the world.

Oh yeah back when I used to play Alex exclusively I played against this dude named Mike Menace and he turtles a lot so I started turtling back a little bit. Eventually I wore him down with something, I don’t remember what, but he had little to no life and I still had a lot so I just waited and waited seeing as he wasn’t going to attack and I wasn’t in any hurry. He kept mashing strong to “stay safe” and Sanchez was right there with me, so I had to try and make it pretty so I said, " Watch this" and tried to catch a pattern in Mike Menace’s actions. Eventually I think I figured one out because I pressed st. Roundhouse from more than half screen away and I hit him. And won.

Geez my jacket smells like weed…and I’m at work. FUCK.

TWO BOOTS in his MOWTH

that should always be your strategy when playing as Alex

I actually think it’s pretty even with a definite Hugo edge.

thoughts on Alex II vs Hugo III? I feel like I have to switch to Stungun just cause Hugo now has easy/faster access to super.

It’s not hard. Just work on your counter pokes as opposed to your rush down. Hugo can spam standing strong and keep you out fairly easily. You can trade if you spam standing strong and once in a while you’ll find yourself hitting him with a correctly timed toward fierce.