Alamo Gaming Marvel vs. Capcom 3/SSF4/Mortal Kombat Tournament San Antonio, TX 5/21

Alamo Gaming Presents
Marvel vs. Capcom 3/SSF4/Mortal Kombat Tournament
May 21, 2011

Stream: Justin.tv/Alamogaming
Where:
Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd (On the corner with the Church’s Chicken)
San Antonio, TX 78238-1138
(210) 684-0101

RSVP at Facebook Event Page

Games/Time:
Doors open at 12pm
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) - 2pm
Mortal Kombat (Xbox 360) - 3pm
Super Street Fighter 4 (Xbox 360) - 4pm

Entry Fees and Prizes:
Venue Fee: $10

All Games: $10

Spectator Fee: $5

Payout:
If less than 6 players - 1st 100%
If between 7 - 12 players - 1st 70% 2nd 30%
If more than 12 players for FFA - 1st 70% 2nd 20% 3rd 10%

Rules:

-All games will be Double Elimination
-Winner stays with same character, loser may change character and sides if so pleased*****
-All matches 2 of 3 games, Winner/Loser/Grand finals are all 3 of 5
-If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Specific game rules:

Super Street Fighter 4

• Default game settings
  • 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games, Losers/Winners/Grand finals will be 3/5 games.
    -Winner stays same character (may change ultra), loser may change character/ultra

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

• Default game settings
    -Winner stays same characters and assists, loser may change characters/assists

Mortal Kombat

• Default game settings
  • Players are encouraged to use the Hidden Cursor option to prevent counterpicking.
  • NO GLITCHES!
  • NO CODES ALLOWED! IF A CODE IS ACCIDENTALLY ENTERED, BOTH PLAYERS MUST RESTART THE MATCH IMMEDIATELY!
  • ANY USE OF GLITCHES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC DQ FROM THE TOURNAMENT!

House Rules:

-Respect the property. No horseplay, loud cursing, etc, especially when other customers are in the store.

-Please bring your own controller. It slows down the tournament when people have to share equipment.

FYI, there is a glitch with anybody that has a parry. If you attempt this, you will be automatically disqualified with no refund. It’s sad I have to say this, but here is the obvious: NO GLITCHES ALLOWED

Test Your Might - MK9 Parry Glitch!

Hope everybody is getting hype for the tourney!

mk9 is preferred on ps3 pad.

According to the TOs on testyourmight.com, they are basing it on region. Our region is clearly 360. If most people want PS3, we’ll change it

BUMP, Updated a few rules regarding Mortal Kombat.

Since you guys are running MK on the 360 version, will the MK 360s be hooked up online so that they will have the latest patch? The 360 version requires you to be online, or you are forced to play the unpatched version (which has a lot more exploits).

One advantage of the PS3 version is it saves the patch updates for offline play, although I’m not system biased since I use stick for all games.

Yes, we will have 4 360s hooked up to online

just found yall out from browsing shoryuken… i was wondering if yall were going to have more tournaments for mvc3 and is it for xbox360? reason being is i won’t be able to make it to this because i have to work,:c but i really really would like to go to one.

so is it 10 bucks to get in then 10 to enter a game?

We sure do. It’ll be the Southwest Championship June 25-26 - Alamo Gaming Facebook Event

Right. $10 is to the venue then to enter a game it’s another $10 for each game you enter.