Akuma Match Up Thread

Discuss your thoughts and tactics for this match up here -

Gonna plug this mildly useful tech I found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJHSVrbIYNw[/video]
Sobat works too

As far as the matchup goes, I have a feeling it will favor Akuma. It’s hard to say this early since Akuma mains are still figuring out the character. He’s got some pretty nice tools to deal with Guile I think.

I haven’t faced many great akuma players yet but I think keeping the flash kick charge is going to be huge in this matchup. I feel you got to check akuma players that are demon flip and air fire ball happy. Ex flash kick is huge in this matchup. It should beat out all his demon flip options.

This is the match -

Akuma has to take risks to get the knockdown, but once he does you just have to guess between throw, shimmy, block string, overhead, fwd.hp and doing nothing.

Guile can do ok at keeping him out but once he’s in it’s extremely hard to deal with an accomplished Akuma. He has the best tick/shimmy/throw game out of all the characters in the game (imo).

Reverse Spin Kick(->hk) is invisible to Shun Goku Satsu(second ultra)

Here’s one thing you can do against a air fireball happy akuma: if you’re at mid range and he jumps to shoot a fireball, you can dash under him and then pop him in the air with a guile high kick in to flash kick. It can be a little risky but the damage output is worth it.