Akuma FAQs: Quick questions & answers!

Yeah you are speaking robot language now so you lost me. Just me disagreeing for the sake of it.

I would say S: Sagat, A: Ryu, B+: Akuma

I think his low stamina, and lack of ways to combo into Ultra hold him back from S tier. However he can hang with Sagat and Ryu better than a lot of the cast.

I can’t manage myself to do a fucking link.

Is there any tips for that ?

I mean, i can do HK => low P. => HK, but this is hard as shit.

If there is a trick please share it with me ^^

===================================================================================

If you can convert the stamina’s lost in Ultra oppportunity, then his low stamina is not a so bad drawback.
Plus, Akuma has a lot of way to avoid damage.

So, in my opinion, Sagat : S, Ryu, Akuma : A

To be honest his low stamina is not that much of a set back in higher level play. The only time it really becomes an issue if you are getting flat out owned. Otherwise you are able to escape a lot more damage that other characters would have taken.

quick question what’s the word on akuma’s back and what does “messatsu” means ?

It depends on Street fighter version.

Sometime the kanji on the back of akuma’s kimono means “evil” ( in Us capcom ), and sometimes it means “paradise” ( in Japan capcom version ) while messatsu means “destructive”

I see some good akuma players use the lp shakunetsu in fireball wars/zoning, but I don’t see any reason to use it over a normal gou hadou. Anyone knows what’s up with that ?

It’s just part of the mind-games. Normally, in a fireball war, someone’s reaction is to either block or jump over a FP shaku. But throwing LP Shaku’s makes them question whether or not they really need to jump over it.

That’s at least how I’ve come to interpret it. You train them to stop jumping over Shaku’s because they assume you’re just whipping LP’s or you force them into a position where they don’t know if they should jump or block or not. Given that all 3 shakus appear to have about the same start up time and travel speed, the gamble is in how many hits that shaku has in it.

I always thought it was to make people think it was going to be a three hit Shakunetsu, so they would try to focus it/neutralize with their own FB/super armor.

Mind games. People love to jump when they see a red ball. The LP recovers faster than either the MP or the HP Shaku which means that there are distances that the HP could be punished from that the LP can’t.

So a few examples for its uses are things like you could use this to bait people into jumping in on you or use it to close the distance on a turtling player.

Thanks for the replies, that makes sense. Like all bluffs this would only work on good players though, I’ll experiment with it as soon as I get the occasion.

Yeah, many situations where you can fake someone into jumping in with the lp shaku and uppercut them due to the shorter recovery. Also if people vertical jump to avoid the chip of a hp shaku, then you can throw a lp one which they’ll jump up over but due to the reduced recovery you can demon flip at them upon landing.

So for the link, no one has a trick ?

the link is f.hk>f.jab>f.hk
cr.jab is the wrong link

I dont know. To me it seems that at high levels you dont get many chances to escape or land Ultras. His lack of health means you cant afford to take damage which means Akuma has to work a bit harder. Thats why I say B+ imo

As far as tricks to land this combo, I plink HK~MK. I can land that combo about 80% in training when I plink.

qft, I wish it was crouching jab, then you could do it on everybody

You don’t need the Ultra to destroy with Akuma.

Do you know any other character that is able to strike for close to 400 damage and an unteachable knockdown without burning a single EX bar? My point is that you negate a lot of damage with Akuma by using his tool set and by doing so you make up for the lower health. 150 health is about the amount a grab does.

I always hear “Oh you can’t take risks with Akuma” yet at the same time I find as I get further and further into him and face better opposition, it doesn’t matter who you play you get destroyed just as fast if you make the same stupid mistakes with any character. I have gotten to the point where I just don’t notice his health any more. And I know I have a lot of room to improve on as well.

i’m having trouble like the other poster, except with the trial that has:

c. lk, c. lp, s. hp

my hp is being blocked. i can hit it every once in a while but i’m not sure how i’m doing it.

is this called a ‘link’ (the definitions i’ve read are a little confusing)/how is it different with the c.lk to c.lp? and how do i get the hp down more consistently? thanks!

^yes you need to link it. You are probably canceling the cLK and cLP into another and trying to immediatly press HP it’s a timing thing kinda like the loop or more useful links like cMP->sHP which is actually are worth it. It is a slower process to link rather than cancel just keep practicing.