Age old question and no good section to ask

What happened between Infiltration and Laugh? They were best friends then shit when down and nobody said anything. Thanks.

Edit: Apparently:

[–]sherrys_loose_pussy 8 points 1 year ago

What you said is very enlightening and thanks for sharing it.

But about Laugh’s ban from CafeID, here is the full story:

2 or 3 years ago, on SRK forum Korean thread, a player from another country said he considered visiting Korea and wanted to know good places to play SF4. CafeID owner proposed CafeID because of the good competition, great gaming price and excellent lodging price. It only cost 10$ to play and even sleep there. They provide a bed, shower, and as much coffee and free toast as you want. Even Starcraft 2 commentators stayed at CafeID, and they were very happy with their experience.

Laugh joined the discussion and he said that CafeID had some laggy monitors, but the sf4 arcade cabinet was good and not laggy. Laugh said that he could not in good faith lie to someone who plans to travel thousand of miles to visit another country.

CafeID owner was furious and called Laugh to insult him over the phone. Laugh just hanged up without trying to make it worse. CafeID then banned Laugh. Laugh said that he did not mean to insult CafeID with his laggy monitor comment. He said it was just the truth, and that he meant it as constructive criticism, because he feels that laggy monitors ruin the high level gaming experience.

I’m not here to attack CafeID, just relaying what happened. Even if there were a few laggy monitors, the competition, price and lodging still makes CafeID an attractive option. CafeID has sponsored Poongko, MadKOF and Verna to multiple Evo, Final Round and a big tourney in France. So CafeID is a successful and generous business that cares about the FGC.

It’s also been 2-3 years, so by now I’m sure they upgraded their monitors to good ones. So anyone planning to go to Korea and wants to play some SF4, KOF or Tekken would definitely have a good time at CafeID.

If you’ve ever done business with Laugh, he fits the mold of the grassroot FGC entrepreneur that goes beyond the call of duty in order to make his customer happy. For his first batch of Omni sticks, the sticks and buttons worked great. But the plexi had a slight dent on it. So after Laugh shipped the sticks, he made a 2nd shipment to ALL those who ordered the Omni, free of charge, and gave an extra plexi in case people wanted to have a flawless looking stick. And he also packages his products with care, plus communicates well with the customer. The stuff you have come to expect from real honest grassroot FGC businesses.

Laugh was also a veteran of the SRK tech talk section, kindly helping people who had questions about sticks. He also made tutorials with pictures. Laugh has excellent English skills because he studied in California and made friends with a lot of players like John Choi. I’m sure those guys can vouch for him.

So Laugh is a very honest person with a lot of integrity. He’s not afraid of speaking the truth even if he will get blacklisted in the process. Laugh is certainly not a sellout.

parent

[–]ginja_ninja 6 points 1 year ago

I feel like this should have been posted by an account named notLaugh.

parent

[–][deleted] 2 points 1 year ago

Thanks for verifying that, I didn’t know too many details about that matter except from what I was told. At least you cleared that up.

By the Cafeid owner, are you referring to Kensouzzang? I’m somewhat surprised, considering he is one of the most hospitable people out there. But this was years ago, so things most likely changed.

parent

[–]ChancellorFunnelcake 2 points 1 year ago

Yeah and Infiltration wanted to go to CONG which was owned by the old owner of CafeID lol.

parent

[–][deleted] 1 point 1 year ago

Who was the previous owner? I always thought Kensouzzang owned Cafeid? Unless the weird Korean mob rumors are indeed true…

parent

[–]ChancellorFunnelcake 3 points 1 year ago

Many arcades in Korea are just mob fronts. That was the selling point of CafeID. Play video games and don’t get killed by the mob.

parent

[–]Themike123[S] 1 point 1 year ago

First I’ve heard of cafeid . Wasn’t aware you can actually sleep there. So it’s a gamers house ? Cool .

parent

[–]i_love_all 1 point 1 year ago

The face he had when he lost to infiltration this year was disheartening. He finally made it and needed to basically beat his old training partner but got wrecked.

parent

they had an argument about whether parries ruin footsies

ruins lots of friendships