cr. = crouching

U1 = Sobat Festival
U2 = Climax Beat
super = Sobat Carnival

sobat always refers to double rolling sobat
jacknife always refers to jacknife maximum
mgu always refers to machine gun upper

Meter basics:

Each quadrant of EX bar is 250 meter, so overall maximum meter is 1000. When I refer to meter values keep that in mind if you want to visually get an idea of how much more or less meter something is.

Deejay’s Frame Data

I’ll add to the above as needed

Meterless Hit confirms

CR.MK Combos

General Information:
While cr.mk combos lead to a hard knockdown they are Deejay’s lowest damaging combos and build the least meter. They tend to be safer on block if you do drop the link however, and are pretty easy execution wise to boot. You have to weigh the positives and negatives before going for them.

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk

[CODE=]damage: 96
stun: 172
meter: +72

notes:
While giving Deejay a hard knockdown this is among his worst combos.
Low damage and low stun is a bad combination.

**cr.lk cl.lk, st.lk, cr.mk**

damage: 141
stun: 203
meter: +84

notes:
Requires a 1f link, but does roughly 50% more damage than the previous combo.
Also starts from a low.

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.mk**

damage: 146
stun: 222
meter: +92

notes:
You have to start kind of close, and it doesn’t start from a low which is kind of ehh.
A variant adding a st.lk after the cl.mk does 171/253/+104

**cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mk**

damage: 146
stun: 222
meter: +92

notes:
Similar to the last combo but instead you start with cl.mk.

Generally you will land this after doing a cr.lp that is blocked and frame trapping with the cl.mk.

A variant adding a st.lk after the cl.mk does 175/253/+104

**LK Sobat Combos**

General information: LK Sobat combos give you a knockdown that is long enough to maintain offensive momentum with using a kneeshot safejump, but you can't get the same level of setup that you get off of a cr.mk knockdown. LK Sobat combos tend to be relatively safe on block because of the range that they leave you at while you are only -5. remember for any combo starting from cr.lk if you replace it with cr.lp subtract 10 damage.

**cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.lk xx lk sobat**

damage: 127
meter: +104

notes:
Basic lk sobat combo.

**cr.lk cr.lp, (1hit)st.mk xx lk sobat**

damage: 153
meter: +120

notes:
Starts from a low, does solid damage, and the meter gain is pretty good.

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx lk sobat**

damage: 177
stun: 227
meter: +120

notes:
1f Link version of the previous combo. Little extra damage/stun.

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx lk sobat**

damage: 216
stun: 300
meter: +148

notes:
Must be started very close. Good damage/stun/meter gain.

works on:

**cl.mk, cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx lk sobat**

damage: 226
stun: 300
meter: +148

notes:

works on:

**HK Sobat Combos**

Hk Sobat combos are similar to LK sobat combos in a lot of respects but you trade a knockdown for additional damage/stun/meter.

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 240
stun: 330
meter: +168

notes:

works on:

**cr.lk, cl.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 210
stun: 280
meter: 134

notes:

works on:

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 205
stun: 262
meter: 136

notes:

basic low confirm, if the first two hits are blocked you can go for a frametrap/throw mixup.

works on:

**cl.mk, cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 250
meter: +154

notes:

works on:

**HP Machine Gun Upper Combos**

with machine gun upper combos you can't start them particularly far out, but they do lead to a knockdown and do pretty solid damage and stun. These combos tend to be character specific as well if you cance

**cr.lp, cr.mp xx hp mgu(mash)**

damage: 247
stun: 344
meter:

notes:

works on:

EX Move Hit Confirms

Using ex moves in your combos allows you to get additional damage and some different spacing options after the combo is finished at the expense of using meter.

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx ex sobat**

damage: 212
stun: 276
meter: -178

notes:
basic low hit confirm to ex sobat
pushes the opponent far away allowing you to get space and restart your zoning

works on:

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx ex sobat**

damage: 246
stun: 342
meter: -146

notes:
must be started close
pushes the opponent far away allowing you to get space and restart your zoning

works on:

**cl.mk, cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx ex sobat**

damage: 256
stun: 342
meter: -146

notes:
must be started close
pushes the opponent towards the corner allowing you to cage them there with zoning

works on:

**cr.lp, cr.mp xx ex mgu(mash), ex sobat**

damage: 304
stun: 396
meter: -440

notes:
pushes the opponent towards the corner allowing you to cage them there with zoning
This isn’t the best use of your meter, but can be useful to clench a round

works on:

FADC Hit Confirms

FADC hit confirms work under the same principal as EX combos, you're expending meter for additional damage, stun, and possibly positioning. However FADC combos have a few huge benefits over ex combos one of which is the number of hits which allows you to recover some of the super meter that you expended.

**FADC Hit Confirms ending in cr.mk**

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1 hit) FADC, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mk**

damage: 250
stun: 348
meter: -341
notes:
Basic low hit confirm fadc combo to cr.mk
Hard knockdown but done late in the combo so it does not hurt your damage output that much.

works on:

**FADC Hit Confirms ending in lk sobat**

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1 hit) FADC, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx lk sobat**

damage: 281
stun: 371
meter: -309

notes:
Basic low hit confirm fadc combo to lk sobat
Knockdown combo allows mixups
Solid corner carry

works on:

**FADC Hit Confirms ending in hk sobat**

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1 hit) FADC, cl.mk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 293
stun: 386
meter: -306

notes:
Basic low hit confirm fadc combo to hk sobat
Builds back almost 1 ex bar
Solid corner carry

works on:

Punish Combos

You blocked something punishable or your opponent whiffed something in your face! What do you do?

**cr.mp xx hp mgu**

damage: 255
stun: 344
meter: ?

notes:
on some characters you can replace cr.mp for cr.hp for a bit more damage/stun

works on:

**cr.mp xx mk jacknife, hk jacknife**

damage: 236
meter: +135

notes:
Massive corner carry
Good meter build
Can replace cr.mp with cr.hp on some characters.

works on:

**cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 254
stun: 292
meter: +140

notes:
Good meter building
Allows you to confirm the punish

works on:

Kneeshot Combos

**Kneeshot, cl.lp, cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 270
meter: 150

notes: Kneeshot starting at head height giving you a +4 advantage on hit on average allowing you to start this fairly high up

works on:

**Kneeshot, cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 275
stun: 320
meter: 147

notes: Kneeshot starting at shoulder height giving you a +6 advantage on hit on average

works on:

**Kneeshot, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hp MGU**

damage: 260
stun: 356
meter:

notes:

works on:

**Kneeshot, cl.mk, cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat**

damage: 310
stun: 380
meter:

notes: highly character specific and stand/crouch specific will add characters as figured out

works on: crouching ryu/ken/e.ryu

Crossup Combos

**j.mk, cr.mp xx hp MGU(mash)**

damage: 315
stun: 328
meter: 124

notes: MASH MASH MASH

works on:

Jumpin Combos

Crumple Combos

Combos with Super

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1hit) xx super**

damage: 380
meter: -1000

notes: basic low confirm into super.

works on:

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1hit) xx super**

damage: 420
stun: 277

notes: close confirm to super

works on:

Combos with Ultra

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.lp xx ex mgu, dash U2**

damage: 380
stun: 236
meter: -204

notes: Low hit confirm into ultra.

Make sure you do not mash the ex mgu or you will not have time to dash and execute the ultra.

You do not need to dash in the corner

works on:

**cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1hit) xx super xx u1**

damage: 480

notes: basic low confirm into super/ultra

works on:

**cr.lp, cl.mk, cr.mp xx hk sobat(1hit) xx super xx u1**

damage: 520
stun: 277

notes: close confirm to super xx ultra

works on:

Combos starting from reversal/anti air

**mk jacknife, hk jacknife**

damage: 170
stun: 200
meter: +100

notes:

works on:

Impractical stuff

**j.hk, cr.hp xx lp air slasher, cr.mp xx hk sobat xx super xx u1**

damage: 606
stun: 530

notes:
fun combo for training mode, you can do some fadc stuff after the cr.mp if you like too.

works on: Rufus(corner)

Reserve

Reserve

okay so I literally have training mode open so I’ll be doing this over time as I don’t really have deejay combo notes anywhere, so enjoy. I’ll add character specific stuff in the notes section if I know something doesn’t work on someone or if someone lets me know it doesn’t.

I’ll pretty much be going in order of how I have sections listed with subsections added as I go, but if anyone has a combo they want me to add in and you have the damage/stun/meter numbers feel free to post it and I’ll add it to the list.

Yes!

I am going to go into the training mode for a meal, and this shall be my menu!

Going to try to do 10 or so combos per day when I work on this. Did 7 so far.

This is great feels like I have some homework to practise. On a side note there a Japanese term for “the art of maximising damage from any hit” (forgot the name) it would be nice if we had a ultimate list of “you landed X move this is the highest damaging combo from it.” Like when seths land a random hp and fadc loop it to maximise damage.

I think you already hit cr.lp

cr.lp

I’m going to take a guess at other normals (but Im sure there will be better combo’s)

cr.lk

cl.lk

cl.lp

st.lp

st.lk

j.lp

j.lk

Kneeshot Head height- advantage +4

Kneeshot Shoulder- advantage +6

Kneeshot Arm- advantage +7(?)

j.mk

j.hp

j.hk

I’ll attempt to try figuring out meter combo’s 2moro

I’m amazed at how long I was doing unoptimized cr.lp cr.lp cr.mk combos. I’m definitely going to work on some of the cl.mk alternatives since that would gain a whole lot of damage/meter over repeated use. One more step on the journey from scrub to educated scrub.

The biggest problem with deejay in this regard is that so much of his stuff is spacing/charge dependent. He can’t just hit a random far range cr.mp cancel it to fireball then fadc it on reaction in footsies. He has pretty bad abare for the most part, so he has to take what is given to him and rely on mixups/kneeshot to get damage.

Also if you can give me meter/stun values that saves me a lot of time, so I’d appreciate it. Once you have em I’ll add them to the list.

Mess around in training mode, see what your character can do, and take notes. It’s one of the best things you can do as a player.

Honestly one of the big reasons I started this thread was because I found myself doing better combos than deejay players and I no longer play the character other than as a desperate attempt to counterpick 2 characters.

Sure I can get the stun values, but how do you work out the meter gain accurately?

meter gain you do manually.

say my combo is

cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.strong xx HK sobat

that is

(20)+(20)+.8(40)+(20)+.7(20)+.7(30)

so 20 base for each jab, 80% meter scaling for the cr.strong as it is the 3rd move in the combo, +20 for activating the sobat as the meter gain you get from just activating a special move is never scaled, and then 70% of each of the hits of HK Sobat as it is the 4th move of the combo.

If you have an FADC or use an ex do the math as normal, but then subtract 250 for each EX bar used as that is how long each block is.

tl;dr I just pull the values from here and do the math http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Deejay#Frame_Data

Added meter and stun.
I realised ExMGU is a waste of bar outside of: combo’s into U2 and corner combo’ into x2 M.Jacknife. [Deejay’s only decent 1 bar combo’s.]
ExMGU > ExSobat is bad damage wise (good for setting up zoning from full screen away)

Something like:

Is your best 2 bar punish combo damage wise

If ryu is crouching any FADC combo’s can be turned into

Its seems like we have better combo’s on crounchers then standing.

Good stuff, Veserius. Have a look at my guide on this board too, I think I’ve listed a lot of the combos you’re going through now already, and most of the ones that aren’t there are probably not optimised, relevant, or they’re too situational. I’m sure I’ve missed a few, though, and I’ll update if you find something new and shiny. :slight_smile:

Good job optimising the cr. LK, cl. LK, st. LK cr. MK combo, I hadn’t thought of that variation. Using a 1f link for a combo like that is tough, but if it’s optimised then that’s what we should be going for.

I’m curious whether the cr. LP, cl. MK, cr. MK combo will work on all characters, and whether it will work off of a Knee Shot. cl. MK and st. MK have very fuzzy ranges, so I don’t often use combos which depend on one or the other outside of airtight canned combos (like FADC cl. MK, cr. LP, cr. MP etc.). If it does work consistently, though, that sounds like the optimised hard knockdown combo off a Knee Shot.

It’s definitely worth noting that LK sobat has uses on hit, besides safe pressure on block. I went for damage optimisation in the combo section of my guide, so it didn’t feature since apart from cr. LK, any time you can combo LK Sobat you could do HK Sobat for more damage, but it’s certainly something to keep in mind. Personally I don’t think the knockdown from LK sobat is massively useful, but that’s my playstyle specifically, and I can certainly see it being a big part of other people’s Dee Jays.

Now that I’m thinking about Dee Jay again (I’ve been on SFxT for a long time), I wonder if Knee Shot cr. LP, cl. MK, cr. MP xx Sobat would work… that might do more damage than going straight into HP MGU. Worth testing out.

Well I am going to get a bit more crazy with double upkicks combos and some other stuff. Was starting with basics then I got sidetracked with RL and sfxt!

I’ll do some updating today, and when I get to the sections that don’t start you point blank like crossups/kneeshot I will test what works on who.

And yeah I don’t use lk sobat much, but I realize it’s useful. I generally go for mgu or upkicks combos.

Its weird, does the same amount of damage.

One local Dee Jay player recommended EX MGU -> HP fireball juggle. You lose some damage but save the bar. I haven’t tried it much, but it’s a possibility for a 1 bar EX MGU combo. Also, can’t you juggle with HK Upkicks as well?

ExMGU > M.Jacknife- leaves them point blank to deejay
ExMGU > H.Jacknife- leaves just about far st.mk distance
Both do the same amount of damage but in both cases you would have done more damage using H.MGU :S

I’ll check whether EX MGU > MK Jackknife > MK Jacknife is corner only. That might be practical if if also works midscreen.

That one I’m pretty sure is corner only. They won’t be high enough in the air and I think you won’t have enough time to charge a second Jacknife. If you want two JKMs it’ll work against some characters after a cr mp. I’m going to have to go test it out though.

sup guys

anyways char specific, spacing dependant and not very applicable to most situations, but here:

[media=youtube]VtA3OKTvcC8[/media]