Advice for N Rolento

I mean with Rol on this groove, what do I do and what do I not do?

What’s the best thing to do against C-groovers who abuse air-block for example. Also, is Rol’s counter-roll/counter-movement any effective at least against A-groovers who don’t combo into thier custom combos?

Anything would be very well appreciated. :karate:

WARNING: I’m awful at this game…

Stick rolento in the 2 slot so he has meter.

First of all, learn when to use which normals. It’s much better to learn that on your own than to have it explained to you. After you’ve got that under control, do the standard: RC Jump around, poke at people, abuse his mobility, land tripwire. Use blocked standing jabs to set up forced choices for your opponent and throw/counterhit combo. Carefully use well ranged slides. Break stock to get the 20% damage, then I suppose you could do some kind of guard crush thing to set up more counerhit setups, or just go ahead and crush their guard then level 3 tripwire.

Try to take it easy on the regular jumping. Low jumps and scouter jumps/back hops are decent enough. If you’re playing against a C-groover who is abusing air block, you’re being too predictable/obvious with your air assault. Just calm it down and use your normals to take care of things. Against A-groovers that are sloppy with their CCs, use Rolento’s wicked Alpha counter to reset the momentum. Somewhere in a N-groove thread I think Buktooth explained when to use counter rolls.

Small jump forward for crossup and small jump down+forward kick for crouchers. Small jump mp into lvl 3 super is good.

If they crouch and u hit them with down+forward you can option select block or counter hit jab on recovery. But for a mixup to that is to small jump, land, cr. forward, patriot circle

or…

empty small jump, land, jab/throw setups. The idea is to make them switch high and low blocking when you have meter. The small jump makes it slightly more versatile because of small jump options.

BUMP

Damn, I need to return to the arcade and try this shit.

to reply to the origional thread: smp is a pretty good anti air as long as they arent on top of you. its really good aganst sagat or anyone who has a very vertical (and not taveling far horizontally) jump when they arent up close.

omg i did something sick yesterday, even though it was pretty unintentional. i was n-rolento and my friend was playing c-guile. im activated with lvl 3 ready and i am in his face (hes in the corner) and i go for the lowjump mp and he jumps, in the process he airgaurds my jumping strong and when i land i do tripwire and he lands right on top of it. I think that he got hit because of that trip gaurdbreak thing, either way it was still sick!! i thinkthat this would be something pretty difficult to use against anyone unless you know they like to chicken gaurd.

small jump mp is one of the few cheap things rolento has. i abuse the fuck out of it. can anyone tell me why sometimes the tripwire goes right through the other character even after a clean j.mp hit.

All this sure does seem useful as I use N rolento =)

With N rolento, I start the game building meter with pogo stick when given the opportunity. when I have two slots then I go all out. I use run alot and jab when they roll alot. I don’t run when I’m within s foward range though. Otherwise, I play a lot of runaway with him when I don’t have meter.

To substitute for dash back, I use qcb + p. much quicker and can be rced =)

I don’t usually use meter when using rolento, but when I have extra meter, I use level one knife throw to make my opponent make a mistake and then exploit it from here on.

I use knife throw much like any other rolento player. It’s serves most importantly when I want to keep people away from my while I build meter. I also use it to confuse people when I can.

Otherwise, I’m just a learning rolento player overall.