Advance, Twelve! - using 12's walk to avoid danger

Everyone knows that Twelve walks under Hadoukens, right. However, there are many more other moves that can be avoided by simply walking. Below are listed all circunstances, character by character, I was able to find in which Twelve gets away walking foward. Technically, they all work with a backwards walk but the moves make him block, save for fireballs. It lacks analyses on jumping attacks and more details on certain moves but without the console version and an assistant it becomes almost impossible. As a general rule, Twelve is much harder to hit from the air when he is walking. Horizontal oriented moves like Urien’s jMK are almost if not incapable of doing so.

This information is mostly for curiosity, it almost can’t be used in macthes. Those that are remotely useful are bolded. When I make no distinction between Far and Close it means both. Between parenthesis are notes I thought relevant. For example, “boot only” means that only the character’s boot is avoided, the rest of the leg hits.

ALEX

Far standing LP
Standing MP
Far standing MK (boot only)
Standing HK

Foward + HP
Back + HP

UOH (point blank only, crosses you up but you end up blocking it and not switching sides)

Chop (only the tip)
Spiral D.D.T. (crosses up)

CHUN LI

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing HP (fist only)
Far standing MK
Far standing HK

Back + MP
Foward + MK

UOH (from very close, crosses up)

Spinning Bird Kick (crosses up; you may end up blocking the next hit)
EX Spinning Bird Kick (if very close, the last hit crosses up and you block it)

DUDLEY

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing HP

Standing LK
Standing MK

Foward + LP
Foward + HP

UOH (crosses up; from a very specific distance, you block the hit and still switch sides)
Machine Gun Blow
EX Machine Gun Blow** (except last uppercut)
Ducking Straight
EX Short Swing Blow (1st hit)

ELENA

Standing LP
Standing MP (can’t be very close)
Standing HP

Crouching HP

Foward + MP
Foward + MK

UOH (point blank only, crosses you up but you end up blocking it and not switching sides)

Rhino Horn (may cross up)
EX Rhino Horn (may cross up)
Mallet Smash (1st hit)
EX Mallet Smash
Spin Scythe (can’t be very close)
Spin Scythe finisher (1st hit)

GOUKI

Standing LP
Far stading MP
Close standing MP (some frames of Twelve’s walk can be hit)
Standing HP
Far standing MK (foot only)
Far standing HK
Close standing HK (1st hit)

Foward + MP (1st hit)

UOH (from point blank, crosses up; from very close, crosses up and you block the hit; crossing up and not switching sides is possible but very rare)

Gou Hadou Ken
Shakunetsu Hadou Ken

LK Tatsumaki Zankuu Kyaku (may cross up, in which case you end up blocking the next hit)
MK and HK Tatsumaki Zankuu Kyaku (the knee startup hits; may cross up, in which case you end up blocking the next hit)

HUGO

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing HP

Standing MK (1st hit)
Standing HK (may cross up)

Crouching HP (may cross up)
Crouchind HK (crosses up; difficult to space)

Foward + HP
Back + HK
Foward + HK

UOH (from point blank, it crosses you up but you end up blocking it and not switching sides; from very close, you switch sides and block the hit)

SA3: German Mountain (1st hit must not be from very close; 4th and remaining hits get you)

IBUKI

Standing LP
Standing MP

Far standing HP
Far standing HP’s follow up
Far Standing HK

Crouching HP

Back + MP
Back + MK
Foward + MK (crosses up; at a very specific distance, you block the hit)
Foward + HK (may cross up)

UOH (from point blank, it crosses you up; from very close, you switch sides and block the hit)

Taunt (crosses up; at a very specific distance, you block the hit)

Tsumuji (high only)
EX Tsumuji (high only)

KEN

Standing LP
Far stading MP
Standing HP
Standing MK

Back + MK (1st hit)
MK follow up (1st hit)

UOH (from point blank, crosses up; from very close, crosses up and you block the hit; crossing up and not switching sides is possible but very rare)

Taunt

Hadou Ken
EX Hadou Ken

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (the knee startup hits; may cross up and make you block the next hit)
EX Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (the knee startup hits; may cross up and make you block the next hit)

MAKOTO

Standing LP
Standing MP (only from point blank)
Standing HP
Standing MK

Crouching HK

Foward + LP
Foward + HP and follow ups
Foward + MK

UOH (from point blank, it crosses up; from very close, you don’t switch sides and block the hit)

Taunt

NECRO

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing HP
Standing HK

Crouching MP

Back + MP

LP and MP Denji Blast
EX Flying Viper

UOH (from point blank, it crosses up; from very close, you don’t switch sides and block the hit)

Taunt

ORO

Far standing LP
Far standing MP
Standing HP (1st hit)
Far Standing MK
Standing HK

Foward + MP

UOH (from point blank, it crosses up; from very close, you switch sides and block the hit)

LP Sun Disk

Q

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing HP
Standing HK

Crouching MP

Back + HP

UOH (from point blank, it crosses up; from very close, you switch sides and block the hit; I’ve managed to block and not switch sides but can’t do it consistently)

Slaps
EX Slaps (except last hit)
Dash Punch
EX Dash Punch

SA1: Critical Combo Attack (except 4th hit)
SA3: Total Destruction punch follow up

REMY

Standing LP
Standing MP
Close standing HP
Standing HK

Crounching HP

UOH (from very close, you block the hit and don’t switch sides; a bit farther and starting to walk after Remy attacks, you can walk cleanly under it or block and still switch sides)

High Light of Virtue

RYU

Standing LP
Far stading MP
Standing HP
Far standing MK (foot only)
Far standing HK

Foward + MP (1st hit)

Hadouken
EX Hadouken
Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
EX Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
(when Ryu is in the corner or when you are not at point blank range, the last hit gets you; otherwise you block it)
Joudan Sokutou Geri
EX Joudan Sokutou Geri

SA1: Shinkuu Hadouken (only if you are at point blank when it is thrown)
SA3: Denjin Hadouken (only if you are at point blank when it is thrown)

SEAN

Standing LP
Far stading MP
Close standing HP
Far standing HK

Foward + HP (1st hit)
Foward + HK (may cross up)

Dragon Smash
Sean Tornado
EX Sean Tornado (except first hit)
EX Ryuubi Kyaku (1st only)

SA1: Hadou Burst (only if you are at point blank when it is thrown)

TWELVE

Standing LP
Standing MP

Crouching MP

UOH (from very close, you block the hit and don’t switch sides)

URIEN

Standing LP
Standing MP
Standing MK

Standing HK (1st hit)

Foward + MP
Foward + MK

UOH (from point blank, you block and don’t switch sizes; from very close, you walk under it or block and switch sides depending if you you started to walk before or after the UOH)

LP Metallic Sphere
EX Metallic Sphere
Headbutt
EX Headbutt

SA2: Jupiter Thunder (only when it is about the size of a Metallic Sphere)

YANG

Standing LP
Standing MP
Far standing HP
Standing MK
Standing HK

Foward + MK (close; crosses up)

UOH (from point blank, you block and don’t switch sizes; from very close, you walk under it or block and switch sides depending if you you started to walk before or after the UOH)

Taunt

YUN

Standing LP
Standing MP
Far standing HP
Far standing MK (note that Yun’s close MK hits, Yang’s doesn’t)

Foward + MK (close; crosses up)
Foward + HP

Taunt

Nishou Kyaku
EX Nishou Kyaku

Bonus round: Yamazaki proving me wrong [media=youtube]oLdbsruB0zU[/media]

WOW! wonderful list! I’m going ot mess around with Twelve later and see if I can successfully avoid any of these moves you mentioned. ;p

Did you get this from Moto’s blog? Good job if not, it’s very useful.

No, I did it by myself with an emulator in about two hours. If Moto’s blog already has that then fuck me I guess haha.

Wow, amazing list. I never would have guessed like half of these.

For Denjin Hadoken, how close to you need to be? Like if Ryu cancels it from shoryuken in the corner, instead of parrying could you walk under it from there, then closemk XX SAII? Or any punish you see fit.

You have to be as close as possible. It isn’t practical, to tell the truth. Also, you can’t instantly walk as soon as you wake up. I don’t know, there seems to be some startup on his walk or at least his hitboxes aren’t so low in the very beggining of the walk. At any rate, you have to either parry or SA1 your way out of Denjin.

I edited the post to correct a few incoherencies.

I got the chance to do a week or two ago. I was able to go under, but he tried to do the SRK cancel into Denjin but ended up accidentally doing Denjin, pretty much the only way I got under it. It wasn’t really all that useful, I could have already punished him but it was a good way to make everyone go “wtf” which is always good when a crowd is watching you play Twelve :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve also just decided to stick with SA 1.