Adon VS...

Pardon my laziness. I didn’t want to go through the matchup thread. I don’t think they’re updated anyways seeing how the Adon section is the least active. I just need a few tips from other Adon players on certain matchups.

VS Balrog
VS Cody
VS Rolento
VS Bison.

These matches have been giving me a lot of trouble lately. I’d love to get advice on how to properly play these MUs. Thanks for taking the time to help. Also…no one has been able to give me a solid answer on this question. Why, despite top players saying how good Adon is, are there very few Adon players in tourneys? It seems like Gamerbee decided to run Elena.

Copy-pasta of my poorly kept my MU notes below.

Balrog:
c.lp, c.lp, c.mp. LK.DP Juggle: Corner only (LK, MK, EX)

MP Rush-Punches: Grab, early jab or FA.
LK Rush-Punch: mash LK.DP on block unless really close/cornered, where MK or HK work.
Blocked Headbutt: U2, super, maxdamage punish, anything.
Don’t NJ in headbutt-range when he has down-charge, cross him up to make him lose charge.

Cody:
Against his U1: U2 and EX DP lose, EX GJK avoids. Easy punish if you block.
Against his U2: U2 beats it at point blank, EX GJK avoids (punish with lots of dashes or tooth). EX DP gets hit by sand, then drops out.

Safejumps:
-fwd.throw, 1 dash, j.HK.
-b.throw, tiny step bwds, j.mk
-c.HK, tiny step fwd, j.hp

Bison:
Against his U1: Everything loses at point blank. Jump over and punish. At midrange U2 can work, EX DP can avoid, both risky- block.
Against his U2: At point blank, dash towards/under him, then dash back and punish. At further range, EX DP beats it. U2 can trade/lose.

Early (instant overhead) NJ HK beats poorly spaced scissor kicks
Beware of his jumping mp when he has ultra

Don’t have anything on Rolento and not sure this is helpful to you, but there you go.
I don’t know what kinda overall strategy people play in these MUs, but I had best results playing extremely lame and campy against Cody, only capitalising on knockdowns and being very safe otherwise. Against Boxer and Dictator I play highly static games where HK pretty much functions as a massive wall, be it standing or NJ- they can’t really bully you if you keep them out, but you can bully the hell out of them (sweep is pretty important in these MUs as well). Obviously a lot of this is lab-theory, I don’t actually play the game. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure someone helpful will be along shortly.