Adon Character specific combo tech

Hi Adon fans,
I want to share some char. specific combo finds and also kindly want to ask you to help me gather some of this information.
It would be awesome and a great help for all other Adon players if some of you can help to test some of this stuff … so we would get better and viable char. specific combos.

New punish and/or CH combos:

1) cl. st. mp > cl. st. mk xx followup (mk RJ or hk RJ)

This seems to work on the shotos and also on seth, I am pretty sure there are other chars. this works and maybe also some chars where the link is easier BECAUSE … this combo is really hard to pull off … it seems like you have to wait that additional 1 Frame from your +6 mp to link the cl. st. mk. Maybe there are other chars. that has “better” hitboxes for this combo to work better for a max. punish combo (after SRK bait). I am unfortunately not able to do it consistently but that does not mean that there are maybe a handfull chars this works on pretty good.

Side note:
If you are able to do a deep jump in with j.HK … you can pull off this combo easy … this is because Adon is very deep in side the hitboxes of the opponent. Unfortunately you will only get this down after a stun and therefore the damagescaling will be higher. The beauty of this would be to end the combo with mk RJ and or mk RJ FADC mk RJ to get the safe jump afterwards.

Here is a video from a french SSF side:

http://www.streetfighterfrance.com/t6943-combo-adon-caractere-spe

2) far. st. hp > cr.mp xx lk RJ

This seems to work so far only on Blanka, but I havent tried it on the whole cast … so it is highly possible that there are more chars this work. This does not seem to be very reliable BUT if there are more chars it works on in the corner there is a counter hit set up that could be worth investing some time. This combo is as follows:

Variation of 2) CH cl. st. mp (+9) > far. st. hp (+5) > cr.mp xx lk RJ (1 hit) > lk RJ

This is a ~ 380 damage ~ 600 Stun combo … and could be really worth the risk using the cl. st. mp. BUT I dont know if there are other chars that have similiar hitboxes to blanka !?

**3) CH cl. st. mp > cl. st. hp > follow up !!! **

This works on Seth … I havent tried this on the whole cast … but it seems like there is this strange thing going similar to the cl. st. mk follow up … maybe the hitbox needs to come back from the mp hit for 1 frame and than it can combo !? Hard to say but AGAIN worth a try.

Side note:
If you get this down in the corner you can go into CH cl. st. mp > cl. st. hp > cr.lp > cr.mp xx lk RJ (1hit) > lk RJ … o.O

I know that this is all fancy stuff … but it would be great if you guys would help me to check out if there are some chars we can use this reliable and boost our damage output.

4) cr.lp/lk > cr.lp/lk xx mk RJ OR cl. st. mk > cr.lp/lk xx mk RJ

Oh right … oh right … this is nothing new BUT there are a couple of chars in the cast where this works standing AND crouching AND it is also not absolutely necessary to be point blank !!! Why is this so awesome … because you will not only get more damage and stun from using the mk RJ … you also get the direct safe jump after it.

Chars this seems to work (that I have found so far):

• Gen, Cody, Juri, Seth, Bison, Gouken, Hakan, Zangief, Thawk, Sagat, Abel, Dudley, others ?

Side note:
The real beauty of this is that a lot of the chars (see above) are vulnerable against the mk RJ safe jump j.hk “fuzzy guard” nj.mk xx EX IAJK set up AND some (Gen, Dudley, Juri, Seth) can also be comboed with j.mk xx EX IAJK (1 hit) > cl.st.mk > follow up !!!
This means that if you get this chars in an ambigous cross up after b.throw into a standard cr.lk,cr.lp xx mk rj combo into fuzzy guard set up (+OS sweep) … you will be in an incredible good offensive position which is hard to block and he will be close to stun … !!!

5) Fuzzy Guard nj.mk xx mk IAJK (corner) cross up ! “Under development” !

I played around a bit with some corner set ups and found that it is possible to cross up in the corner with mk IAJK … it works with after any fuzzy guard set ups (nj.hk, or j.hk). It only works with the mk IAJK and atleast on seth it makes no difference if he is standing or crouching.

Chars this seems to work (that I have found so far):

• Seth, Rufus, Zangief … others ?

Side note:
If this is reliable and also works on more chars than it is a great “Reset” in the corner, because you can combo afterwards and it leads into cl.st.mk > cr.lp > cr.mp xx lk RJ > lk RJ … if this really works out of the p-mode than it will really really hurt !!!

**6) jump in j.hk > nj.mk > lk IAJK > cr.mk > rising jaguar **

Max. Punish against Sagat, Vega, Juri, Seth, … others ?

Side note:
It is very important that you do the j.hk very early … otherwise you will not get the nj.mk to combo because the hitboxes are to far away. Some of the chars only get 1 hit from the lk RJ … feel free to add another lk RJ when you are close to the corner … XD

REQUEST !!!

I really kindly ask you all to help me to test some of this stuff and simple create a list of chars this combos (or some of them) works and are usefull in a real match. I will try to test also a lot but using the SRK resources will bring us much faster to some results.

LETS LOOK FOR SOME NEW TECH …

THX and sorry for wall of text!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_t6rHB29L4

Thanks for the video !!!

Anything you want to add to the combos ?

Btw. the Seth combo is pretty awesome !!!

Keep the videos coming … appreciate this.

Hey guys … another funny combo I saw from Yoro:

Deep HK jump in > close MP > close MK > cr.lk >cr.lk > cr.mp xx light RJ > light RJ (corner only)

There are several variations of this combos with the deep HK jump in and it is also char specific … but if you want to style after you stunned your opponent … this is the way to go … XD

Cheers

Fun Punish for all chars the fuzzy stuff works
FA Level 3 > forward dash > j.mk x IAJK (EX/LK) > close.mk x HK RJ
FA Level 3 > forward dash > j.mk x IAJK (EX/LK) > close.mp > cr.mp x LK RJ > LK RJ (corner only)

Deep Jump in HK > close mp > close mp > cr.mp x LK RJ > LK RJ (corner) Easier to link because of the +6 on hit from close mp … great damage if you get a stun from fuzzy guard reset in the corner !!!

USF4 stuff
Deep Jump in HK > close mp > close mp > cr.mp x LK RJ > MK RJ (corner only) … so nice and easy to do !!!

Some other more or less usefull stuff:

Level 2 FA crumble > forward dash > MK Jaguar Tooth > MK RJ

This works on a lot of chars mid-screen (but not in the corner) … it will net you more damage than the classic close.hp x HK RJ … and you will get a 4 frame safe jump … but it will do less stun and build a bit less meter … down side is you need to be quick with the dash and the input for JT … with a level 3 crumble you have more time.

I like it because of the safe jump … I play a lot against Gen and I prefer the additional damage and the safe pressure after a FA crumble.

Don’t know if this is old tech … I have only seen this kind of stuff against Honda in the corner with the HK Jaguar tooth …

It looks funny … and hey … you are using MK JT in a combo … haha

Wow, that is some awesome stuff, thanks! I struggle to get the double clstMP - I’ve seen it done off of a Lvl 3 focus and I did manage to do it myself ages ago, but I’ve forgotten how to do it. Maybe it was character and or corner specific?

The close mp to close hp only works on seth crouching

And if you land a jump rh on a crouching seth you can do the combo with out ch

So far i found the above combo works on Cody and sim

The max punish stuff with medium > medium > cr. light/medium only works after a deep Roundhouse jump in … there are some chars it works standing or after a CH … but personally I find it a bit too unreliable …

@‌ Blockbuster
Which combo do does work on Cody and Sim ?

Nice RFA combos:

Does only work on Dudley, Vega, Sagat, Juri, Hakan, Hugo, maybe 1-2 more: (Seth?)

• Neutral Jump HK > cr.HP > RFADC > n.jump MK > light AJK > cr.mp/cr.mk > light RJ

• Neutral Jump HK > cr.HP > RFADC > n.jump MK > light AJK > cr.mp/cr.mk > light RJ > medium RJ (only corner) … o.O that is a looooot of stun !!!

You can add lights after the light AJK … to get only 1-hit of light RJ for the corner juggle.

That is imho the best use for RFA for Adon so far … Vega and Juri are one mix up away from stun after that combo … and hitting a n.jump HK is not that hard, isn’t it … XD

Other fun stuff:

Jump in HK > close mp > close mp > RFA > close HP > cr.lp > cr.mk > light RJ

Does also work with jump in MP (after regular b.throw set ups) … good stuff here is you have tons of time to hit confirm … bad thing it scales a lot … but still nice stun and you can add a MK RJ in the corner or a close HK reset.

Jo … XD

Nice stuff against --> Gen, Yun, Yang, Abel, T Hawk, Rose, others

B.Throw --> tiny step back --> jump in MP > close MP > close MP > cr.MP > light RJ > EX RJ (MK RJ in the corner).

Damage & Stun (including the B.Throw) --> 480 Damage & 620 Stun / Combo builds 230 meter … so basically you build nearly the meter you have to spend for the EX RJ and you get the next mix up after the EX RJ … o.O

So … nice is that if you use the jump in MP you can be 100% sure that you will hit in front but it does still looks like the ambig. MK jump in set up … BUT … it is not safe against DPs it just looks weird.

Frame trap for Bison:

CH close MP > close HP > cr.lp > cr.mp > light RJ > corner followup (works only if Bison is crouching)
CH close MP > far HP > cr.mp > light RJ > corner followup (works only if Bison is standing)

Good stuff here is … it does not matter if Bison stands or crouches both CH will lead to nice damage and stun off from the CH … I will test some more … but I just don’t have enough time currently. It does also work on Juri but you do net get the cr.mp link after the far HP … but the CH MP gives you enough time to react.

Counterhit cr.hp combos:

CH or trade cr.hp > cr.mp/mk > light RJ > MK RJ (corner)

–> Works on Bison, Chun Li, Blanka, Abel (poor Abel) … > 330 damage / 500 stun (in the corner) … one mix up away from dizzy island (in the corner)

New max damage hit confirm after neutral jump HK:

nj.HK > close MK > cr.mp > light RJ > EX RJ

–> Works on Yun (!!!), Yang, Abel, Rose, T.Hawk, Vega, Cammy (!!!) 385 Damage / 560 Stun … one mix up away from dizzy island

New max damage CH close HP combo:

CH close HP > cr.mk > light RJ > EX RJ

–> Works on Yun (!!!), Yang, Abel, Rose, T.Hawk, Vega, Cammy (!!!) > 320 damage / 500 stun (don’t have the exact numbers)

Best jump in MK hit confirm into Ultra 2:

j.MK > cr.lp >close MK > MK RJ (FADC ultra 2)

–> Will post the list of characters this works from any distance /standing and crouching … it is a 500 damage 2 framer hit confirm from a jump in MK … or without Ultra 2 the best way to combo into MK RJ for the safe jump … very easy to do and if you got a b.throw before you dish out 620 damage with a standard ambiguous mix up. It is much more damage than the regular jump in MK > light > light > light RJ > FADC combo.

Just want to throw this out … there are some applications for JT juggles after focus crumbles mid-screen.

There are several chars where you can reliable combo into Ultra 2 from a EX JT mid-screen after a Focus Crumble back dash.

It does work pretty reliable on the shotos … if you hit a level 2 focus > back dash or a level 1 counter hit crumble > back dash … you can go immediately for a EX JT and you hit the falling char in a way that you can link Ultra 2 or a MK RJ afterwards.

I think it would be worth it to check all the application of JT post crumble state.

Here are all the application that comes in my mind:

Level 2 crumble > forward dash > MK JT > MK RJ (More damage than close HP > HK RJ and a safe jump afterwards) does reliable work on Gen, Guile, others

Level 2 crumble or Level 1 CH crumble > back dash > EX JT > MK RJ or Ultra 2 (Does more damage than dash up HK RJ and gives you very solid damage from a level 1 Focus CH)

Level 2/3 crumble (in the corner) > HK JT > juggle with MK RJ or Ultra 2 (Just for the better damage)

Level 1 counterhit crumble > EX JT > juggle MK RJ or Ultra 2 (just because you can get it from a Level 1 back dash)

Agaisnt some chars this could be a solid way to use Level 1 FA > back dash … Adons back dash is fast and you are only -6 after it. So why not try to abuse a bit the level 1 FA … if your opp loves to press buttons and you score a CH you get solid damage for 1 EX … and if not you get free 60 damage and if the opp. does not have a good long range 6 frame punish … you basically can get away with it. For sure it is again char specific stuff.

Good work Daaadom. Good to see people are still putting the time into Adon. I will try to work these into my game, right now I’m trying to polish up on the basics! :frowning: