Adamantium vs Vibranium: MvC3 Combos, Resets & Maximizing Damage Output

Basic thread to talk about how to maximize damage output at various points in our strings and to figure out what the best BnBs are for each situation.

Some of the combos will require OTG assists, others will require certain levels of meter and X factor, and others will require specific character assists or screen positioning.

I’ll heavily edit this thread later as well, but for now just some simple notes.

Off of a jumping attack (or off a wavedash crouching light) remember that crouching medium is NOT a low attack, and that standing medium does significantly more damage. Crouching H is the only way to go straight into a heavy shield toss for a combo, but if you’re going to finish the string with an S or a charging star make sure to do standing H instead of crouching H for the max damage possible.

When you are adding a jumping H into your air strings (for example after a basic cLMcH hshield slash) try to do the up angled heavy attack - it isn’t much but it does more. Obviously don’t sacrifice the ease to combo in order to do this, but it lands in a lot of situations.

You can also combo off of teh standing double medium (performed by simply pressing medium twice, it does 2 separate kicks at 2 separate angles) into both standing and crouching H

anyway that’s all for now. thread title is mediocre but I thougth it worked because both types have been used before and while adamantium is GOOD vibranium is much better - same with things liek crouching m is good but standing m is better hahaha

there’s the starter, post simple little finds or big fat combos here!

my combo i recorded the other day that has a good damage ouput and requires midscreen is this

j.S c.L M c.H xx H Shield Slash j.MH xx M Shield Slash j.MH xx L Shield Slash L Charing Star L Charging Star xx Hyper Combo - does good damage. Can be done into any hyper combo, hyper charging star does more than hyper stars and stripes at all the angles i’ve hit it at so far, and obviously for the 3 bars you can combo straight into final justice
[media=youtube]2HRrTqNg4OU[/media]

That’s a nice combo, good damage. I was messing around with a combo similar to that earlier, but i had given up, because after the first jumping M, H, Shield whenever i tried to do the 2nd rep my H wouldn’t combo after the M, i guess i just wasn’t doing it fast enough, will try again!

Been doing this BnB combo and right now it is the only mid screen combo I do becasue it requires 0 meter. The combo is:

:d::l:~:m:~:d::h:~:qcf::h: (Start holding :uf:) :m:~:m:~:u::h:~:qcf::m: (Jump):m:~:d::h:~:qcf::m: (Wait for opponent to get close to the ground):d::h:~:qcf::h: (Wait until sheild returns to Caps hand):h::qcb::l: (Wait):qcb::l: Hyper Charging Star

Requires no meter to do and ends in Hyper Charging Star. The combo needs to be adjusted against characters shorter than Cap and it does not work on Sent (Can’t get the fourth SS which is required to build the meter). Against shorter characters though, the second SS, which is the first SS you do in the air, needs to be :h: instead of :m: so that you can keep them higher off the ground which will allow you to land the 4th SS. Also, you can only land on :l: CS against shorter characters not 2. I’m doing this until I find something beter. It builds a meter to end the combo and if you already have some meter in stock, you can just DHC into another hyper for more damage. I DHC with Chun and get 850,000+ with this.

Here is a video with 4 attempts adding a visual to what I’m saying here. The first attempt is to show that the combo requires no meter. The second attempt is to show that the combo needs to be adjusted against shorter characters. The 3rd attempt is to show the correct way to execute the combo against shorter characters and finally, the 4th attempt is to show that you can only land one Light Charging Star against shorter characters.

[media=youtube]I9T88yHhMb4[/media]

Hmm I’m starting to notice that SS combos in the corner dont work, is there a way to crossover mid combo to get the SS’ second hit to connect?

with the right assists and some clever cartwheeling yes - but it’s easy to mess up and time things wrong, it’s very specific depending on the assist, most of the time you can’t do much other than a single shield slash.

cap is weaker during corner combos! An OTG assist can help you to still net about 600k+ in the corner though!

sorry for double posting - recorded these earlier!

[media=youtube]yTXCwdCnQPU&feature=BF&playnext=1&list=QL&index=1[/media]
[media=youtube]nqFxGMZaLbw&feature=bf_next&list=QL&index=2[/media]
[media=youtube]9dx_89Vaz0Q&feature=bf_next&list=QL&index=3[/media]
[media=youtube]1nEd8NLMJSE&feature=bf_next&list=QL&index=4[/media]
[media=youtube]Pnyvr4auIKA&feature=BF&list=QL&index=5[/media]
[media=youtube]pFHNbPhDNXs&feature=bf_next&list=QL&index=6[/media]
[media=youtube]HycIbgQ5JHw&feature=bf_next&list=QL&index=7[/media]

Just some mixups I was playing around with - also was messing around with Avengers team

Something to get the creative juices flowing!

Playing around with cartwheels

Playing around with cartwheel today. Couldn’t get much done because I have classes, but tomorrow are my short days so I’ll be looking around into it.

Doing his regular bnb posted.

“j.S c.L M c.H xx H Shield Slash j.MH xx M Shield Slash j.MH xx L Shield Slash L Charing Star L Charging Star xx Hyper Combo -”

After the first charging star, you can jab -> assist -> Cartwheel -> hitconfirm -> regular combo

I used ammy’s cold star assist, iron man’s uni beam, and thor’s lighting. So far ammy and thor give me more block stun for more cartwheels. Haven’t played with sentinel yetbut I would assume that drones will work too.

I’ve only played around with the dummy set on neutral teching. I haven’t tested it on smaller characters, so the jab might whiff after the first charging star. Again, gonna play around with it more tomorrow since it’s my short day.

Vongo1a I really enjoy your BnB but I have two questions:

1. Why do you use cr.L s.M cr.H instead of just cr.L cr.M cr.H?
  2. I can’t seem to get the second Light Charging Star to come out, any advice?
    thanks

Standing m does more dmg. Also the 2nd charging star is dependent on character height and general spacing. I don’t force that one online I just do one.

1. It does more damage. But crouching is always acceptable. Also, I got the bnb from gimpyfish. It isn’t mine.
  2. Online, just do one. I’ve been pretty inconsistent with it lately.

I’ve hit a slump in my research. Is there any difference between the L, M and H versions of his cartwheel? Visually, they look the same.

After doing some testing online, captain america’s mixups are pretty easy to block. It’s nothing more than crossup -> crossup -> hitconfirm combo. Any crossup shenanigans captain america can do, zero can do much better.

I can’t spread democracy at this rate guys, I need some motivation.

[media=youtube]dOmpHb_UAYk[/media]

one more mixup video to keep the creative juices flowing =D

and no - unfortunatlely. There is only ONE cartwheel. LAME. I was hoping for one version that DIDNT cross up =(

and yeah captain’s options are limited - that’s why you gotta get real creative with your mixups. If somebody knows the mixup is coming they can just block the opposite direction - a lot of the time it’s actually nice to (if you’re covered!) back dash THEN cartwheel so you can actually end up on either side of your opponent! Experiment with the timing and see when you can cartwheel to cross up or alternately NOT cross up.

Fat characters can still be hit by that instant overhead combo starting with jumping light and into slightly delayed S with an assist keeping the hitboxes going for you as well!

What’s everyone finding to be the best solo option in the corner with Captain America?

kinda depends what you want to do with your meter

if you’re completely alone and you don’t have anybody to tag combo to there are a couple options

basic combo something like cLsMsH charging star -> hyper charging star does do DECENT damage at least - but if you have a tag you can do cLsMsHS j.MMHdownH exchange S or just finish with an S.

Doing it that way you don’t use that meter - if you don’t want to use the meter. The basic LMH charging star Hyper charging star does do decent damage though.

If you’re ACTUALLY alone though and you have x factor left EASILY the best combo to do in a corner is this.
[media=youtube]rQmBbI8yuRo[/media]
(at least that’s currently the best with what we’ve discovered thus far)

I have a suggestion:

After cap forces the opponent to hardbounce, ie j.s after an air combo, you can use a low assist( I use wesker) to pick them up:

[air combo], land xx assist, l.shield throw, whatever afterwards.

Normally I do hyper charging star but if meter permits I like to do final justice.

My bnb is c.L, c.M, c.H xx H.shield slash, j.M, j.H xx j.L shield slash, land, M, S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S, land, low assist, L shield throw, (wait for second hit of shield throw) hyper combo.

I don’t know it’s damage off the top but I think it’s 600? I don’t know haha but it’s easy to do and I was proud of myself for creating it hehehe.

l shield throw actually combos after all that? i’m SHOCKED to be honest. nice combo though

I sure hope this combo gets more than 600k, it’s so nice.

I think c.L, c.M, c.H, H.shield slash, j.M, j.H, J.L.shield slash, L charging star, Hyper charging star gets just over 600K and is much easier.

Curse damage scaling.

Whats up people, I just uploaded a video of an easy 100% on any character with 1,200,000 health or less if Captain America is your last character and you happen to have level 3 X-Factor. It’s very easy to hit confirm into after the first hit.

[media=youtube]lXgHgtBAW4A[/media] (sorry the videos a bit choppy so I’ll post the transcript here)

c:l:, c:m:, c:h:, :qcf:+:h:, :h:, :qcf:+:h:, hold :uf:, j:m:, j:d::h:, :qcf:+:l:, [land]:h:, :qcb:+:l:, X-Factor,:qcf:+:atk::atk:

Thank you sir. I figured it would work, not because of the game engine, but simply because he throws the shield low haha. I thought to myself, “Visually…it should work!”

I finally booted up training mode(my previous post was done via iPhone in a hookah lounge lolzorz) and that combo does 540k. My combo does at maximum 613k dmg. It does a full 28 Hits from mid-screen for 613,700dmg and 27 hits for 609,300 in the corner. I say that because you don’t have to actually wait for the second hit(it won’t come back in time before the opponent resets) from the OTG shield throw + assist.

B-T-dubz: Using Final Justice instead of Hyper Charging Star does 24 hits for 843k dmg in the corner(no need to throw L Shield, just use a low assist) and another 2 hits + 20k more damage from mid-screen.

Haha…the last L Shield Throw does the extra 20k which is a little over 20% of it’s unscaled damage(95,000)

I’m still surprised - I expected that M shield slash would combo but the slower start up on l shield slash doesn’t matter I suppose if you do it at the right time with the right assist eh?

Also - depending on your OTG assist, they’ll be high enough for it to work so it makes sense.
EDIT: also don’t c.M

don’t ever c.M ever ever ever ever ever. it’s worse than standing m in every way - doesn’t even hit low i tell ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I always felt I’d confuse myself if I let go of crouch midcombo. In ssfiv it wasn’t a problem since it was slower. It’ll just be another muscle memory thing.