Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

I have a Panthera and so far it’s good, I have it as my player 2 stick because I don’t really like Sanwa, but it’s responsive, comfortable and if you’re into modding it’s really easy because of the button to just open it and change whatever you want

1 Like

Which PCB are you using?

They look kinda cool fucked up like that? Like a well used skateboard

not sure, this is the stick,

, on the button harness I just want to swap out the black ground and leave the other colors, don’t know if that’s possible without soldering though.

Fightstick Alpha? What’s the purpose of the intended mod?

yeah fightstick alpha, I want to put in sanwa buttons, so I have to snip off the glued on wires and put quick disconnects on the exposed ones, I’ll use the colored wires as they are but need a daisy chain for the ground, which I could make myself, but kind of want to use a premade one if it’s possible.

In super-tight spaces QD connectors need not be used if you’re handy with a soldering iron.

You don’t need to fit a ground daisychain if you’re using the original PCB - just crimp both original connectors. There’s no change to the circuit required since you’re only upgrading the pushbuttons, everything else will be the same in terms of electrics. As a protip, feed the wires through the top of the crimping sleeve on the QD rather than the bottom to save some space.

1 Like

oh ok I get it, thanks for the help.

Can the brookps4+audio board get all game audio the way that the dualshock 4 can? If yes can you adjust the volume from the ps4 the same way you can adjust the audio on a ds4? I also liked to know if I can wire up the sub control panel and touch pad of my rap v to the board. Thanks.

This is the version I’m thinking about.
https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-ps4-ps3-fighting-board-with-audio-pre-order

Are joystick micro switches interchangeable with casings from other brands? For instance, If I wanted to change out the entire switch mechanism inside an Omron d2rv or a Zippy in to a Panasonic/Matsushita , would it work?

Does anybody know the size and length of the hayabusa lever’s gate screws? Just bought a stick and it was held together by scotch tape.

I bought a Qanba obsidian for my PC and I cannot get it to work, it never installed the drivers and it’s not letting me use the drivers from my other stick (360 Atrox) or my pad (xBoxOne pad)
I tried all possible USBs on my PC with all 3 stick modes (PS3/4/PC) and every solution I could find online. I keep getting the same shit:

Any help?

Even though I’m pretty sure I already know the answer I figure I’d ask anyways. Is this Hori Rap N a good stick? I plan on buying one and immediately replacing the stick to a Korean one so the joystick is basically a non-factor. I’m mostly concerned about the functionality, case and the pushbuttons. If anyone has played on one your opinion would be greatly appreciated before I pull the trigger on my purchase

Mine is scratched to hell on the shiny plastic, though admittedly it’s my daily beater stick. It feels rock solid, it’s an easy mod (to avoid scratching, take the bottom plate off) and it’s really comfortable. Best retail stick on the market.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate the input… I think I’m going to go ahead and buy it!

1 Like

In the Mad Catz button pcb where is the ground located, is it the top row or the bottom row? I know this has been answered before but I cannot find that thread anymore nor is it saved in my bookmarks. Here is a picture https://i.imgur.com/d4vYbFl.jpg

Use a multimeter and do a continuity test

Anyone know where/who can make a custom plexi for me?

I would check out Art’s Hobbies and see if you can find what you need there:

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

I’m pretty sure they make custom plexis if you give them the measurements.