Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Paewang does not have Automatic Detection.
You can’t just plug into the console you want freely.

The Paewang is in Xbox 360 Mode right now.
Xbox 360 Controller does not work on PlayStation 3.

To use on PlayStation 3, you have to switch Paewang to PlayStation 3 Mode.
Hole Turbo while you plug Arcade Stick into PlayStation 3.
Paewang can now be used.

To use back on Xbox 360, hold Turbo while plugging Arcade Stick into Xbox 360.

Every time you want to switch between Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, you have to hold Turbo.

Oh! Thank you very much. Can you think of anything I can try to help my other problem? Did the wiring look OK?

Sup fellas, new member here, but not to fighting games. I just bought a honcam ps3 fighting stick on eBay pretty cheap 2 for like $54…I got a couple friends that told me about “Modding” it with japanese parts. He also mentioned that they’re mods that will make it “prime”, I’m not really good at soldering, so…what do I need to upgrade the joystick and buttons? Any info would be awesome. Thanks!

I want a real pictures.
Use macro and focus.
Multiple angles, whole and specific.

OK, I’m uploading the best pictures I got right now.
My soldering is pretty bad, and especially so because the only soldering iron I have available to me right now is kinda janky. Thanks for any advice!
Here’s a link to an album with a bunch of pictures of it. If you prefer I embed them in a forum post, I can do that as well.

If you want a picture of anything specifically, or have any questions about the process, just ask.
Also, I don’t have the Turbo wired up because I didn’t think I would use it. Now I know I need it to change between PS3 and 360, so I’ll do that eventually.

Looks like you have your button wiring back to front. You have RB/R1 going to that giant GND terminal?

Also I’d advise you to have a Home/Guide button as well. Turbo goes without saying for a Datel/Paewang pcb.

Just as I thought.
You switched Ground and RB Signal.

This is why I asked earlier which side (front or back) you soldered to.

i have a madcatz SE and 1 of the buttons has stopped working have replaced this and same issue, any one got a idea of why any help would be appreciated

Which button?
What console?

totally forgot which one tbh and have all the wires taken apart it is for the 360
if i get a layout of the wires, will the setup be generic for all 360 street fighter se sticks?

If the button is either RT or LT, then that is known problem.
There is no fix.

If not those two, then something is wrong with PCB.
Either way, the PCB will need to be replaced.
With Xbox 360 controller or other.

Can it not be fixed by this?

I will keep saying that there is no fix until people test out and say the proposed fix is works.

So far it looks like it has been.

Any tips for cutting custom artwork on a TE-S stick? I came up with some of my own for the button holes but would rather see what the pros have to share. For the button holes what I did was instead of cutting perfect circles I took the stock artwork and placed it over my custom artwork, and cut grid lines within the button circles. This allowed for me to easily punch the buttons through the artwork once it was in place.

I see what I did. Thanks all for the help! For a while I was confused about the whole back/front thing, but I see why it screwed me up. Which means all my buttons are also incorrect.
I don’t know what I would have done if you guys didn’t figure it out ^^;
Thanks again.

EDIT: Switched everything around and it works perfectly now! Thanks again for everything.

I have a Toodles Cthulu. Bought it thinking it would work on Xbox but was wrong. Is there a way to make it work?

Sorry, there’s no support for xbox 360 as of yet, and there probably never will be. As it is an encrypted protocol. You can take an IMP and padhack a 360 controller for support on PS3 and Xbox 360 if you need it.

I have a Madcatz Round 1 TE Stick that I recieved as a gift, and it seems like it has a PCB issue because certain inputs cause the stick to disconnect from my Xbox. I’ve given up on Madcatz’s customer support, so could anybody maybe link me to some places where I could purchase a new PCB as well as some tutorials for manually replacing it? Thanks in advance

My VH236H is pretty smudged up and my microfiber cloths aren’t doing a great job of getting the prints off it by themselves, any got a good cleaning spray to recommend?