About the Nova, Spencer crumple combo

Yeah hiyo, new here. Just wanted to ask a wittle question.
For those of you that know the nova, spencer crumple combo (classically popularized by Nemo, combo and Yipes), knows that it is one of the best way raw tag into strange and start his loops, however without strange you can still hard tag into spencer. My question is how would you be able to hard tag other characters such as Doctor Doom and start his own bnb. I can’t seem to get it going he always flips up, I’m not sure what’s the correct way to get it going. To be honest, I’m not sure if its possible. It feels like it should work but I don’t have the greatest execution. Please help if you can. I at least want to know if it works or not. Thanks.

Take it to the Nova discussion forums

I think it might be possible. But Spencer or Strange seems to be the best options

look up the player INSAYNNE from new york; he does exactly what you’re looking for. nova bnb -> spencer assist -> nova crumple -> raw tag into doom. i played him at NEC and he’s a very good player to learn from if you are trying to learn nova/doom/spencer

This.

I second this. He came to a tournament at my college and blew everyone away with this Nova Spencer Doom.

The problem that I’m having is that i can’t tag Doom in time after the crumple because, since I just used Spencer wire grapple, my assists haven’t cooled down. So I can’t tag Doom til a second later, when it is too late (or on the borderline). How do you get the cooldown to happen faster (assist earlier, do the air crumple version etc).

Just mash/hold Doom assist and as soon as he comes in, press S or stand M. I know what you mean but I been doing crumple combos for months now it is definitely possible…plus, that crumple state lasts deceivingly long.

I can probably call Spencer a touch earlier so I can tag in quicker. From videos, I can clearly see that they’re getting the tag sooner than I am.

I shall hit the lab real quick and see what’s going on.

EDIT: yeap I was right, if you do stand M you can get the pick up

I might be able to answer this but I’m just guessing…

There are two versions of the Nova/Spencer crumple: you can do 6C, call Spencer, then Centurian Rush, or you can do the same thing but with an extra 5S that launches the character just before Spencer’s grapple. You HAVE to do the (slightly harder) version with the 5S for the timing to work out, but if you do, all you have to do then is just hold Doom’s button while the Centurian Rush animates and he’ll come out at the earliest possible moment and leave you plenty of time to connect with the 5B.

If you leave out the 5S, you run into the problem that you’re having where Doom tags in just a moment too late. I think you can get away with leaving out the 5S for Strange’s palm loops but for Doom and most other characters to combo off a raw tag, you have to do the second version.

Wow…that was great. I never even noticed that the S helps the cool down time. Good job sir.

Thanks, yeah, I had to figure that out the hard way and I’m still not exactly sure why it matters. I assume that launching the opponent up makes Spencer have to grab him from a higher, making Nova able to act a little earlier relative to when the character hits the ground. Since the raw tag combo is just barely too slow without the launch, I guess those few frames make all the difference (it’s probably not so much the assist cool down that’s too slow as Nova’s recovery). This seems to be a key element in a lot of Nova’s post-crumple shenanigans, in fact, but I haven’t really explored it enough to be more specific.

After the crumple but before the Javelin, you can actually fit in a dash there, which puts you closer to the corner (if you weren’t already) and of course helps with the cooldown too. :slight_smile:

What is the timing on the crumple with launcher.
from what I remember it’s hard knockdown > f:h: > call spencer a split second later > launcher a split second later > tk rush?
Is that correct?

yup yup…not rush though…Nova Strike (rocket punch)

Lol I know the motions by heart just not the names. Thanks