About Missions #9 and #10

To start things off, I have finished all of his missions, but DAMN were these two hard. So, here are my tips for everyone else!

The combo states that it is “CORNER ONLY,” but this is wrong. The combo is actually “MIDSCREEN ONLY,” or “YOUR BACK TO THE CORNER ONLY.” I really don’t want to tell you how long it took me to figure this out. But, with this tip, you should be able to finish the mission easily enough.

My god. Why? What was the point in making us do this combo, which is never going to be used in a real match? The only tips I can give you are to do everything as fast as possible. The Luminous special must be done as soon as you can cancel the Demon Claw and the Air S must be done immediately after the Luminous special ends. This is the most difficult part of the combo. The next point that could trip you up is with the X-Factor. You have to make sure and quickly X-Factor after you shoot the Hellfire and then quickly combo with the standing H, or the enemy will be too low to finish the juggle. After the Bon Voyage, you want to hit the opponent with the S launcher when they are above you, then jump and rapidly input the (air H, air S). Don’t worry, your character is moving fast enough that they will still land in plenty of time to OTG.

you can do #9 on the corner actually, you just have to time the assist correctly. what I did was let the two hits of the s. H hit, called the assist and then did bon voyage, the delay allows for the assist to hit before the wallbounce happens. #10 was a pain in general, took me so many tries to figure out the timing

These combos are just meant to better your execution, not for real match use. Calm down

@TC:
I was able to do #9 in the corner, and I know what I’m doing wrong with #10, but I appreciate the tips anyway.

@Superkewl:
I think he knows that. The thread is still appreciated for people having trouble with FB’s missions.

Well, even if #9 can be done in the corner. It is much easier when done outside the corner.

And yes, I do realize the combos are meant to test your dexterity. I completed every one in MvC3, and I’ll probably do it again for UMvC3. Doesn’t mean I can’t complain.