Abel combo thread

Just want to separate subjects its about to get deep in here!

Abel Video shown to me by a buddy…

[media=youtube]eYh5QtRl40Q[/media]

Here are the combos written for those of us who like to refer to text with video:

#1 Elbow xx Roll (lk?, Cross up) Step kick :f: :hp: xx Falling Sky

#2 ~Cr lk Cr lp Cr Mp~ XX EX TACKLE “walk up”, Elbow xx Falling Sky.

#3 Same as #2 After Ex Tackle - Cr mp xx FULL COD :wtf: Really?!?!?!?)

#4 Same as #2 After Ex Tackle - Jump Toward :hk:, Cr mp xx Falling Sky

#5 Same as #2 After Ex Tackle - Jump Toward :hk:, Step kick :f: :hp: xx Falling Sky ( Corner Specific???)

#6 Jump In :hk:, Cr mp xx EX TACKLE, Jump Toward :hk: (Very early, it looks like), Step Kick :f::hp: xx Falling Sky (Sick :rock:!!! )

** ~~~~~~~ *Corner Specific ~~~~~~~~~~~***

#7 Step kick :f:(1 frame link :wasted: ) “cr mp - cr hp”… Step kick :f: :hp: xx Falling Sky

#8 Step Kick **:f:, **~Cr lp Cr lp Cr Mp~ xx EX TACKLE Neutral Jump :hk:, step kick :f::hp: xx Falling Sky

I just want to expand upon the combos above.

From midscreen, my ex shoulder tackle combos go like this…

cr.:lk:, cr.:lp:, cr.:mp: xx EX TACKLE, j.:hp:, step kick :f:, step kick :f:, :hp: xx :hp: falling sky

If you wanna continue the combo with a tag cancel, all you gotta to is negate one of the step kicks on the ground so that both hits from :hp: connect, making it possible to continue with a combo with the second character.

Also, when Abel comes in after his partner’s launcher, I usually just go with a step kick :f:, step kick :f:, :hp: xx :hp: falling sky. I’ll insert a :lk: if they are too close to the ground, making it easier to complete the combo.

Just for fun, I’ll insert a combo coming from Steve’s crappy command grab:

Command grab connects, tag cancel, c.:hk:, back up slightly, begin charging shoulder to gain EX properties, wait for Steve’s command grab to finish, connect with lvl 2 shoulder charge, j.:hp:, step kick :f:, step kick :f:, :hp: xx :hp: falling sky. It does around 550 damage for one meter, lol.

One thing I would do is try to get most of your standard lk starting combos to go directly from lk to a fp, either standing or crouch. That goes for all of you!

I was only using that as an easy hit confirm example. But yeah, I need to start getting that link down.

it’s actually a chain, since the shoulder tackle is ex you can cancel into it from st.fp 1st hit if you charged it up or juggle them out of a chained cr.fp before they hit the ground.

(sry for the wordy answer if it was just a error in nomenclature, but clarifying for other people who read this post later)

Has anyone found a more damaging meter-less ender after A,B,C,launch other than c.H (2hits) Heavy Falling Sky? helps to plink the crouching heavy on the way in too.

I typically use step-kick, st.h xx heavy fs online since it’s easy. I admittedly haven’t explored follow-up combos that involve rolling since scaling pretty much makes simple follow-ups better. The only other follow-up I see as being too useful is step-kick into s.fp into 2 hits of fierce cod to carry them into/away from the corner.

Yeah I have been using step kick, s.h xx heavy fs as my standard ender as well but after I hit confirm from a chun combo into a,b,c, launch i find that c.h (2hits) xx heavy fs scales less so ill just be using that for now I suppose.

I’ve been using step kick x2 to st.hp xx fsky. It’s more damage, depending on dmg scaling of course. I’m starting to wonder if step kick, cr.lp, crhp(2hits) xx fsky is more damage?

So coming in after launch standard combo is : step kick, hp, falling sky.

And the standard punish combo is :

• Cr. Hp, juggle with CoD (without EX)
  • Cr. Mp, Ex Tackle, j.HK, step kick, step kick, Hp, falling sky (with EX)

What meter less combos are you guys doing? I can do the meterless stuff off a cr.fp but I usually don’t get in a situation where I can start a combo off that.

My problem is I play Abel like a SF char. I usually step kick to H TT or close fp into H CoD. That’s really all I do right now and it sucks cause TT doesn’t do as much damage as other command throws in this game. I wish you could roll after an ABC.

you can roll after an abc and combo, but the meter is better spent off an AB -> ex shoulder wallbounce combo, but I guess the roll might have its uses still for if your ABC gets blocked or something idk

it feels like there is WAY more time after every jumpin to connect anything, in SF4 it was sometimes harder to go from a crossup MK into cr hp, in this game you can do it every time to every character pretty easily

iirc in SF4 a lot of characters needed to be crouching to link jumpin MK to cr hp

in my opinion this wallbounce combo is a lot easier with j.FP instead of j.HK, you are able to use the move later in the jump and end up with them over your head, and they do the same damage

Best Meterless combo after jump in imo j.Hp/Hk, Cr.Hp, Lk Roll, Forward Kickx2, St.hp, Falling sky (396dmg) with jump in Mk it does 366

wow… da damage @_@

could the two step kicks be character specific though?

Haha I was just gonna post that, was messing about in training mode. Is there a better corner combo?

If you have ex you can cross up with mk, cr.HP and you have enough time to charge an ex tackle. However you’ve already used juggle points so I think the best you can do is jumping HP, st.HP, falling sky?

corner combo
c.fp xx lp shoulder, f+mk, s.fp xx falling sky

you might be able to do two f+mks on that one as well

C.fp … Close fierce??? Did you mean crouching fierce?

Yeah you cancel off the second hit of cr.fierce like you would a falling sky, it looks like them Urien combos.