A2-3 Music, Stages and Characters

Am I one of the only people to think A3’s music took a turn for the worse, besides a few stages: Rose’s? The classic style of music had it’s last run in A2. I think that paired with the crappier stage selection in A3 (and many have no parallax scrolling) really gave A2 the atmosphere that really has not translated to any SF afterwards. No game really touches the stage selection of SF2, of course, but A2 is close. A2 had/has the potential to be the final real classic SF outing IMO. I mean if they took a few chars from A3 and made some adjustments, A2 could be the definite Street Fighter game in it’s history. It has all the right elements and upgrades yet retains the aura that Capcom was early known for.

I mean I’ve played SFIV and it really bored me to death as the elements really didn’t come together and retain that feel that old school gamers loved: Stages sorta suck, graphics are not in classic style and the music is… forgetable. A2 does all that right and IMO the programmers of 4 lost out on a chance to translate that to the new generation.

That is my rant

True that there really is a special mood in alpha2,that reflects genuine tret fighter 2 spirit.
I think when you talk about it it’s more with your heart;as for alpha 3,i think it must be appreciated in term of gameplay in an innovating way,a different way,but i understand some cannot like the game.
Finally you mentionned street fighter 4,well i agree with you,i think many people play it just because it’s a street fighter and becauseit’s new,flashy,a,d there is a vast communauty,with former players that only knew street fighter 2 and ignored there had been like 15 street fighter games after.
I know some dudes who got into it just because of that,becausemany people play it,and even though they don’t like the game,they can trash newbs and show off a bit

so much agreed.
Alpha2 had the best music in the alpha series. just listen to these:

Gen stage theme: [media=youtube]sa7ZIUmnLsY[/media]
Akuma stage theme: [media=youtube]8UXDErxn3B4[/media]
Adon stage theme: [media=youtube]Yq19GYuaJBM[/media]

rest of the music here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Renegade466isback&view=videos&query="Street%20Fighter%20Alpha%202%20Music"

the only one that was subpar was the jazzy remix on Ken’s stage, imho

even the stages themselves are better… but that;s another discussion

I’ve always felt that track sounds so much like it belongs in Mega Man X.

Alpha 3 music just sucks. Whenever I play online, I just mute the game sound and play something on wmp, because its that bad. Now Alpha 2’s music was awesome. I liked Zangief and Sagat’s the most.

I like Alpha 3’s music…especially Cammy’s stage

Akuma and Gen’s stages are really excellent. Akuma’s music is like one of teh best songs in the franchise’s history.

Looking at it again: Chun, Sagat and Sim’s stage graphics in A3 are better than the earlier versions, especially Chun’s (which is prolly better than SF2) but you got ones like Guile’s which were just thrown together, seemingly, really fast. Chun’s had some time spent on animating that one.

I love A2 music, the game is full of great music.
Best SF games with good music are ST and A2 in my opinion. SF4 music… isn’t that good for exeption of Sakura’s Stage.

I’ve been playing A3 on the psp and it’d be great if the music was just better. I have to turn it off. A2 with some chars and stages from A3 would be perfect :-/

I don’t think A3’s music is bad. I’ll admit I like A2’s tracks more.

I don’t like A3’s music at all. Granted, it does a great job of getting my heart rate faster and intensifying the matches, but I still hate it.

A3 and 2 music were on par with each other IMO. It was 2 different gametypes and needed different music.

3 had some of the most odd yet fitting music at the time. Shin Akuma’s is a perfect example.

You guys are all dumb A3 sound track >> A2’s.

This.

And I actually disagree with most of you including the OP. I really enjoy A3 music, though 3S is my favorite.

Meh A2 > A3 on music and some stages. Nothing beats ST though.

Is one of the sickest themes ever. Anyone notice the strong simliarities to A2 games and Megaman games? A2 is the only SF game that I hear it.

Depends on the stage. For Guy, I prefer No More Swinging to his A2 theme, and Rose’s Schala to A2, but Charlie’s A2 instead of Decisive Bout. Sakura’s A2 is better than A3.

Only good A3 tracks

Ryu
Birdie
Sodom X-ISM

Which game you like better is a matter of opinion, but Alpha 2 completely blows away Alpha 3 in aesthetics: music, backgrounds, announcer voice, endings… everything.