A thread to rant about online

I go to worldwide or same region depending on the time of the day/how many players there are. Same region gives me Europeans. Worldwide gives me Americans/Asians/Australians.

Someone in the PS3 thread pointed out it was the PS3 because multiple games had a D/C issue, ironically I was fine playing 3rd Strike Online so it’s hard to say at this point. Hopefully today is a bit better.

And…yeah, demoted to Barbarian again. Seems I’ll be in the Barbarian/Defender elevator for a while.

Hey man, I recently got to Raider again, and trying hard to not go back to Hunter.

While I’m here, I have a rant of my own: why am I being challenged by Kyus? Are they trying to rank up fast? That’s not how it works. Pay your dues. Learn to get good.

Another rant: troll players. They piss me off because I’m trying to improve, and all they want to do is spam one move or travel to the far end of the stage. If you’re not going to fight seriously, then just quit the game. VF is the last game you want to be doing dumb shit.

Hey man, I recently got to Raider again, and trying hard to not go back to Hunter.

While I’m here, I have a rant of my own: why am I being challenged by Kyus? Are they trying to rank up fast? That’s not how it works. Pay your dues. Learn to get good.

Another rant: troll players. They piss me off because I’m trying to improve, and all they want to do is spam one move or travel to the far end of the stage. If you’re not going to fight seriously, then just quit the game. VF is the last game you want to be doing dumb shit.

The worst troll I found online had a good connection…until the fight started and lag magically showed up. He won by using the same combo over and over. I fight him again telling myself even with lag I’m going to get him, so I find a mid that stuffs his combo and everytime he begins I throw the mid and counter him. When I’m about to win he rage quits. I send him a message “rage quitter”. His answer: "I could not let you win. No combos. Only the same low over and over."
It got me so mad. Not only did he make my rank bar decrease but with his answer he showed me he didn’t know anything about the game (couldn’t tell the difference between a mid and a low).

Most players are in named ranks or dans at this point, so they’re playing whoever they can find.

yea I got to barbarian for the first time today and I was very happy because I was stuck at hunter forever and then I stayed a little while in raider/hunter. I really wish there was another system to show that you HAVE gotten higher in rank even if you don’t stay there even if it was just “highest rank achieved” shown on your stats in custom match

Wouldn’t thad be a little depressing? Being reminded that you were a higher rank but you were demoted?

I’m back to Defender. I cannot seem to find many people around the same rank in order to rank up.

i am at barbarian right now

Man, I hate online play. Been sitting at Hunter for a hot minute. I finally earn a promotion, then I come up against someone who just does stupid shit that’s hard to deal with online. I by no means consider myself God’s gift to VF, but I know some of that shit is punishable when my moves don’t come out 4 frames slower due to input lag. Online play really just makes me wish for the old evade attacks.

I finally made it to Sentinel. 3rd time was the charm. I’m starting to get the hang of this. I was demoted from Barbarian and Raider once before I could go on to Defender. I was demoted from Defender twice before I could go on to Sentinel. I’ll probably be demoted 3 or 4 times from Sentinel before I can rank up again.

I always go to player matches first to see if there’s any full bar players for me to play. Sucks no one is in there much :[

Ranked is annoying because if you find four bars, it’s a coin flip if they’ll want to rematch you and how many matches if you do.

I’m East Coast (Western NY) and my PSN is X_the_Genius

would really love it if there was a shift to player matches in the community, easier to find 4-bar matches and no ranking

I love the way some players win a match or two then refuse to play again as if you weren’t worth their time. The best are the ones that live and die off of gimmicks. I can feel the frustration across the internet when I come back with some degree of patience and demolish them.

Got demoted from Sentinel to Defender. It’ll probably be in the Sentinel/Defender up and down for a while. Gotta work on my evades.

I made it to Defender the other day. Now to see if I can prevent myself from going back down.

Good luck with that. How many times were you demoted before getting to Defender?

I was demoted back to Hunter 4 times, and only made it to Barbarian 2 times. I had a ton of matches in between.

Is it just me or is flamingo stance the worst fucking thing ever to deal with online?

It is pretty irritating, especially since I had to fight a bunch of Sarahs yesterday. I’m trying to find a moment where I can parry one of the kicks and shut the whole thing down. I believe there are gaps in between attacks where you can act.