A question about Jill's ass-ist

So for the hell of it I’m going to run Firebrand/Jill/Sentinel for 100% non competitive fun.

I heard a rumor that Sommersault has high priority and Firebrand needs a GTFO me assist occasionally. So would this be my best option? Or would I better off with arrow kick or cartwheel?
Once Again, I’m not changing the team and it’s all for fun.

My secondary team is similar (Nemesis/Firebrand/Jill) and I stick with Sommersault. Jill’s Arrow Kick uses up the wall bounce you would get from Firebrand’s Bon Voyage and her Flip Kick uses up a gound bounce you would get from Firebrand’s Devil’s Claw… dood!

It has high priority yes but the main use it has is crossover counter. If you’re locked down in a block string (if they are attacking you non stop) you press Forward+Assist and she comes out and becomes your character. You can jump cancel somersault kick and go into a combo from there. Which is Air M H S land Air M H S land M H Cartwheel kick from here you can link into somersault kick and go into machine gun spray or cancel into feral crouch so you can teleport up Air H land M H Flip kick cancel into Raven Spike. It really isn’t a bad team.

Thanks once again for giving terrible advice and a terrible combo, I expected nothing less from you :wink:

Somersault–> j.MMHS,j.MMHS,j.MMHS,s.H,4H,Cartwheel,22S,Somersault,MGS Does more damage. No one does Teleport j.H, Do teleport j.S, then H,4H.

^i trust this man.

LOL

Also Somersault–>j.H-S, land, 2H-4H, FC+Somersault, FC+M, Teleport, FC+Somersault+2369M,
slight pause, Somersault, MGS.

To take them to the corner, and for just about 700k off a crossover counter (696,300k)

You’re doing two attempted wall bounces? Shouldn’t they flip out after the Feral Canceled and TK’d second one? I know Tking them increases Range, but didn’t know you could combo off the second one. Nice to know.

Two wall bounces?

In the combo, he uses FC M twice. The second FC M is TK’d though to increase it’s range.

After somersault you can tiger knee inputs on hit or block so I do 2369+M for her ground bounce (cartwheel kick) right after the somersault hits, its like doing one move altogether, you can tiger knee anything you want right when somersault connects. There is only one ground and one wall bounce in the combo. Although with Nova I do another variation outside of crossover counter with his assist for about 715k.

Oh my fault. By 2369M I thought you meant a Tk’d Roundhouse (wall bounce).

Whoops!

Hate to revive a dead thread, but I couldn’t get an answer to what was originally asked. Does the Sommersault assist have good priority when pulled as a raw assist? Can I use it like Akuma’s Tatsu assist minus the combo ability afterwards, or is it just a useless assist outside of crossover counter?

yes, it has good [edit] Invincibility, thats why you use it. Honestly though, use arrow kick assist.

“priority” doesn’t exist.

Does it have a good hitbox? Yes.
Does it have good startup? Yes.
Is it Useful as a Combo Extender? No.
IS it useful anywhere in the neutral besides a CC? No.

Use arrow kick for most teams, use Cart for others, and use Somersault for teams that use Dante or characters that use their Ground bounce and wall bounce,

yeah priority wasn’t a good word to use, changed it to invincibility. it’s invincible

@Hououin it’s only invincible as a Crossover counter.

In my case, Somersault assist helps my team a lot. I get a combo extender out of it with my She-hulk, so my basic She-Hulk BNB does 778,900k damage with 1 meter and builds 1.5 meters. It give my She-Hulk about 4 or 5 more different Heavy Strike/Taking Out The Trash grab resets. It also turns a simple jumping H,S into an air juggle that does 548,600k and ends with either 3 different resets, or goes into a variation of my BNB that does 750,000k-900,000k depending on how I decide to end it, and that basically kills of the whole cast with 2 meters while building 1.5. It also gives my X-23 some pretty nifty Mirage Feint mix ups and a very easy unblockable set up for Silent Kill. I also land the Somersault cross-over counter a lot, and I can get from 725,000k-1,325,000k damage with my team off of a somersault cross-over counter. As always, because of all the She-Hulk & Jill resets, and X-23 mix ups I have, I’m constantly sitting of 3-5 meters so using a meter on a cross-over counter isn’t nothing for me.

IMO, Arrow Kick is her best assist, but for my main team, Somersault helps way more. Now for some of my other teams, yeah, I go with Arrow Kick lol… dood!

@NonSexualRice isn’t it invincible if you just use the move? It beats out shield skills ffs >_>

It’s invincible from frames 9-14 on point, but doesn’t have invincibility frames as an assist unless used as a crossover counter

gotcha, also, i need major help with jill. I look at your movement, and copy it. Always in feral, the problem is that while in feral i always get punished, also, if I dash for a crossup, it wont work because it autocorrects for the opponent and they just do a normal, and punish me ><

Autocorrects on crossups. Because Mahvel