A Progression as Inevitable as Death :: Phoenix Combo Thread

You guys know what would be the best thing ever?
Imagine if Jean Grey was a character?
750k health
Same everything as Regular Phoenix.
No more dark phoenix, maybe a lv.3 (like oroboros but make it as short) to turn into her but no speed or damage boost at all just feathers and her wallbouncing tk traps)

That would be, without a doubt, the best thing ever.

Does anyone have a combo that can reach the 800,000 range without using 2 meters?
If it has a specific assist, TAC setup or X-Factor, I’m good with that.

only ones I can think of are Phoenix’s TAC infinite and the LvL.2/3 X-factor Trap loops.

Lvl 3 Dark Phoenix without damage wouldn’t matter sadly, she would still be used as a gimmick comeback lvl 3 xf character. When I first played Phoenix I kinda found it cool how she was different from the rest of the cast, but now since I’ve played her so long I wish she was a regular character too.

Capcom designed Phoenix with Dark Phoenix in mind. I think Capcom was trying to go for making her the perfect character with only 2 weaknesses one of which Dark Phoenix could ammend and another her healing field could fix: damage and health. Jean is a regular character would be kinda of op, high durability traps and projectiles, the best movement in the game, invincible super,healing hyper, awesome normals, and so much more.

With all the fuss of a Umvc3 patch update, I’ll go make a thread on how to balance Phoenix.

I don’t think even assists can get jean to do 800k , but she can with level 1 xf meterless too.

Here’s a xf lvl 1 combo:

a.S s.H c.H Flare Sword Tk Trap L Flare Sword Tk Trap L Flare Sword Tk Trap L Flare Sword Tk Trap L c.H S -sj- a.H Burnout Beak -land- Tk Trap l -jump- S Tk Shot L(instant air/tk) Tk Overdrive H

The combo does 866k meterless and around a million with Phoenix rage. Builds 1 and half bars. Can be done midscreen or corner. Much easier in the corner obviously.

Have anyone experimented with some raw tag combos with Phoenix and Doom? a.:h:/cr.:l::m::h::s: a.:h: d.:h: sj.add/addf a.:s: -rawtag- st.:m:(1 hit) :s: -2 Foot Dive reps with 2x2 a.:m:- Works anywhere one the screen afaik, can most likely be optimized further.

Hi guys!
Yesterday was my Phoenix 1st day.
I’d like to ask you: What I need to do to the C.M,C.H, F.H xx L.Trap combo works?
The L.Trap always drops after the F.H :confused:
Thanks.

one thing I noticed (which I forgot to put in my video) is that the L. Trap combo works on most characters but certains characters such as Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Trish, (and a few others) that particular combo doesn’t work on because of their fall speed and the speed that the L. Trap comes out.

Edit: Actually it’s way more than I thought lol. Good thing it works on most of the top tier / common tourney characters (for the most part or at least the ones that would give phoenix some trouble).

List that L. Trap one doesn’t work on.
strider, strange, dr. doom, trish, ghost rider, hawkeye, chris, wesker, arthur, frank west, iron fist, raccoon, captain america, ryu, iron man, chun li, trish, x-23, felicia, spencer, akuma, spiderman, hsien-ko, viper, phoenix, she-hulk

What you can do is go for the ABC combo at the beginning and then go for burn out beak for the ground bounce and get 1-2 L. Traps (depending on hitstun) and do an ender etc…

Ooh…I see. ^^
I was trying this combo against Chris and Ryu xD, that’s why always dropped.
Thanks Phill and your Phoenix tutorial is really good, it’s helping me a lot.
Sorry for any english mistake too.

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask a quick question/questions before I got started on my next project. I’m going to make a video for Phoenix regarding her potential damage output.

Right now it’s no secret that Champ is the leading Phoenix in the game, but the majority of players seem to think all of his combos are optimized. Now because of this they think Phoenix’s damage maxes out at what her regular bnb is now. The people who are knowing that she could probably do more either, do or try to do her best combos, just don’t care to know, or think another 100k on a combo is irrelevant.

I, on the other hand,think every morsel of damage Jean can get is important, because if it ends up killing it’s one less character she has to deal with for when she turns Dark or if she even gets to it that point. Now this idea of 100k making a difference isn’t TOO far fetched since Phoenix is usually anchor and by the time people reach her they should be bruised up a bit by the leading characters, unless the team got steam rolled.Damage output numbers also get important for Jean if she is left with little meter and wont have an opportunity to go dark, then in these situations her max damage is extremely important.

My question: What are your max damage combos with Phoenix? Meterless and/or for ONE bar only. Midscreen and corner starting from an a.S or a.H. Ground midscreen grabs, ground corner grabs, and super jump height grabs(corner and midscreen). Super jump height conversions with her divekick alone as a starter or a.H + divekick as a starter.

What numbers do you get exactly? I know this is an extensive question but I don’t expect people to go to the lab and test all these things(that’s my job XD) I just want to know from recollection or maybe just one simple one like your midscreen bnb with her. By the time this is read I doubt anyone will have posted back(if at all) in time for me to read since this should be a quick vid for me to make. After I’m done with this vid I’m going to continue my big Phoenix combo video which is like 70% done, just need a little more footage and to get started on editing.