A pointer in the right direction

Hi. I’ve played SFIV and SSFIV for fun for quite a long time. And then I got my hands on a Tournament Edition S fightstick and thought “What the hey, let’s do this thing”.
I would call myself a kinda bad player I guess. Due to my lack of starting combos in a fight I have become pretty good at blocking and teching tho.

The thing is. I try very hard, but I have noticed that Ibuki is not the smartest character to start learning to play with. So I was wondering if there is any good choice of character to use when learning chain combos, linking, and cancels? Because I long for making a good long combo on a douce that just pumps out uppercuts in every single corner.

/Jonteboi

Jeez, just about every character can be played with limited knowledge…but I’d say Seth would be your best bet, that guy has a little bit of everything. For a charge character I’d say Guile or Chun Li.

Ryu or Balrog

you just gotta play who you like

this is a “pick my character” thread in disguise

any character that interests you.

Kelter you sound salty, and I think I know why.

Anyways, in the immortal words of Foger “Pick Balrog like the rest of your kin, scum”.

Oh hey, Ryu too

Hey OP, the more you like a character, the less damage there is when you get frustrated… so play who you really like, forget about tiers those