A-mai (update)

I need some help with A-mai…I watched Eddie Lee play her on the evo dvds…but i didn’t see much to be honest…please help with A-mai… (pokes, B&Bs, Combos, etc) Thanks

Sorry dawg, wish I could help you, but I use her in K-groove, myself. I think most use her in either K, C or P. (Don’t hold me to that, though).

Your best bet is to go searching through previous posts and track down some match vids to see what works/what doesn’t.

Later,
Alexander

i think that’s all there is to mai(i don’t have the dvd, but i did watch eddie lee play at evo). just try and get a lead, or at least runaway to build bar and then 50/50 random activate, if that fails, repeat.

your pokes are c.rh, c.strong…and to some extent s.fierce(like against sagat)

B&B == c.fierce/s.fierce xx flame ass

this is all you will need for A-mai.(other than the runaway tactic that is…)

Jumping roundhouse has huge priority. Jumping short is good for cross ups. Close short stuffs a lot of crap. Low roundhouse. And Fans are very good. Also gotta learn her runaway QCB+P in the air after a wall jump. Standing fierce or RC qcb+punch for anti air. She’s got trouble against crossups.

A-groove is Activate, Crouching fierce, standing roundhouse x 7, crouching forward x n, super (qcb,hcf + k).

I always thought her anti-crossup was close standing forward or just air throw.