A Litany of Hate: The Front Page Sucks

It had the use of not reading shitty posts if I saw a big red blob next to it.

Posts were more… insightful back then. Because posting random shit like a Trollface (which weren’t even around back then) would get your shit jacked.
I guess the internet is more “for everyone” now.

ya I was legitimately looking forward to seeing that once I hit 10000 posts but SRK stole that dream away from me. what would have been a milestone went out with a whimper sigh

A lot of people have left or stopped frequenting SRK as much because it basically put on the kid gloves for everyone.
It helped make new people feel more welcome I guess. But like…95% of the people who have joined post-SFIV don’t go anywhere near GD (General Discussion) because we don’t deal with their bullshit. We’re cranky, cantankerous, mean old men who still play CvS2 and MvC2 on our dreamcasts and still play XvSF on our Sega Saturn.

The Illuminati hate GD. They want to get rid of it. But they know A LOT of people come to this site and contribute to this site because we have one of the best GD’s on the net, There would be no reason for us to stay if they got rid of GD.

Edit: Something else that was fun regarding rep:
SRK the Game
We would pick a shitty poster or someone we just generally found annoying and neg rep the shit out of them in hopes they would buy premium so they could attempt to neg rep us back.
(You can’t see who reps you unless you have Premium)

Nice english bro

The first post needs a TLDR, so I didn’t read it. But I am genuinely curious why the Cross Counter stuff is NEVER mentioned on the front page, since I consider their stuff to be among the most entertaining stuff out there, aside from tournament info/replay, glitch discoveries, and such.

“I didn’t read the OP, but Imma post my opinion anyway.”

Yes, that is the best way to make an educated post.

Well, they do need to make the important stuff more evident, the only really important thing out of the whole front page is the last article about the Marvel patch. And it makes no sense that we have a video roundup AND individual video news, Why we hate you, Desk’s glitch video, Persona location testing, TNT replay, why is this not on the video roundup?

Actually i think stuff like persona location testing should get its own news post because it fits closer to an individual upcoming game’s news than it does a random video.

It also serves to reach out to a new game which IMO we need to do more.

Oh that game was funny to watch.
Scrub get mad…pay for premium…then join the rep circle jerk.
Damn I wish that LaSwagga dork left up his youtube video complaining about negative rep.

I learn a lot more from GD than the SRK front page…then again, think that’s the case.

Yall have concerns with the frontpage which won’t be heard in GD. I’m going to move your through to the Glitches and Feedback section.

The front page of SRK lately is like checking out the latest piece of graffiti on the side of a toilet stall.

Maybe one 1 of 10 articles has substance and a lot of them could be combined into one article (as suggested in previous posts, a video roundup). Seriously, there needs to be some quality control.

Hey, whatever. There’s a lot of constructive criticism that could be applied to the current state of SRK’s front page. But I scroll over a sea of text and notice “Learn to use semicolons”. I’m gonna guess/hope that the rest of that post was more meaty than that, but c’mon. So no, I didn’t read it. Still, it reminded me, that I’ve been curious about the absence of CC from the front page for awhile now.

If you think my point is wrong or not on topic, please tell me why. But pointing out that my entrance into this thread was crass, doesn’t make my post any less relevant.

EDIT: I also think the page number buttons on the bottom are too crammed together. Maybe it’s just a Firefox thing, but they look goofy and are hard to click on. There’s plenty of real-estate to make those look good and make them easier to use.

From what I heard, there is some politics behind that .

There is no illuminati :sweat:

That’s what I feared, and if that’s true it’s really unfortunate. I hope they can patch up whatever the trouble is. SRK used to be THE source for fighting game info. That won’t last if they continue to filter out relevant media.

The announcement of the location test and a collection of different videos of the location tests should get their own posts, but one 2 minute video? Hard to agree…

Cross Counter has about as much to do with fighting games as The Big Bang Theory hast to do with quantum physics.

Read the second paragraph, then read my closing paragraph, afterwards go fuck yourself.

On the plus side, thank you very much for working damn hard to give HDR a chance.

Damn it Val, nobody is going to read it here.

Why is this not on the front page…