A Complete Video Guide to Felicia: Transcript

So, I’m going to have a few weeks of free time on my hands before school starts up again, and I wanted to try my hand at video editing and making a character tutorial. Who better than Felicia?

My plan is to make this as complete as possible. A full rundown of normals, specials, hypers, and assists, with frame data. As many of her useful combos as I can list. An overview of her strengths and weaknesses. DHCing with her, in and out. Team chemistry, etc.

This may be too ambitious, but if I don’t ever finish the video, I’d at least like a full, written guide that the Felicia community can stand behind. So, I come to you all for advice, tips, and suggestions.

Here’s what I have so far. This spans about 6 or 7 pages in Word, and I haven’t even put in the frame data yet. Hopefully, it’s not tl;dr, as that’s exactly what I don’t want. And though this may be okay for a written guide, I’m not entirely sure if I should put these entire paragraphs into a video, so any suggestions on that front would be greatly appreciated. (I may end up making multiple videos, one for each section.)

So, bulleted list of the things I need help with the most:

• The combo section. My combos are probably lacking.
  • Any incorrect information (since a lot of you are better than me)
  • Better examples for dealing with teammates/other characters
  • Summarizing things better to reduce length

Thanks guys, hopefully I’ll get some assistance with this ^_^. I’ll definitely put anybody who helps me in the video credits, assuming it gets completed. And come UMvC3, hopefully I can recycle a lot of the information and just reshoot the footage.

Note: ANYTHING IN ALL CAPS is something that I am unsure about, or have yet to test. I’d appreciate any insight on these.

(Have to put it into the next post, too big)

EDIT: I’ve decided to postpone this until UMvC3, and then see what I can do. Obviously, a number of things will change with Felicia.

EDIT2: For now, this is cancelled. Keep in mind most of the information is for MvC3, and not for UMvC3, but perhaps some of the information is still useful. The combos may be out of date, but information on normals and specials are generally still relevant.

Goodness, it was a lot longer than I thought.

I’m not a Felicia player, but it’s totally great that you’re doing this. The information that you have is great and the final video should be totally awesome.

Well, at the moment, I’m reconsidering. So far I haven’t gotten much help, which is understandable, because there’s a lot to read here and it’s a lot of work.
However, I still really want to do this, so I think I will wait for UMvC3, since her combos and everything are probably going to be much more different than I first anticipated.

I think what I have here now has some good information, though, so I guess I’ll just keep all of it here.

I definitely stand behind your project here Omicron - there’s always more to learn about any character, and comprehensive posts like this help both new players and pros alike. I’ll ponder if there’s anything I can add that isn’t already obvious or above and will post appropriately. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. If we forum members can be of any additional help let us know!

I appreciate all the work your putting into it, can’t wait to see what u come up with.

I was thinking of making a Felicia primer video for Ultimate after it comes out and was wondering if you were still planning to do yours. I dunno if I’d want to duplicate the work in that case. At any rate, I glanced over your posts and wanted to add the following additions and suggestions:

Complete frame data may be a bit much for a video. You might be able to get by with just the highlighting the important parts: what moves are safe/unsafe on hit/block/whiff and such, as well as what moves are invincible and on what frames. Note this when demoing each individual move in question.

For combos, you basically need to cover what can be done…

• off of all her typical starters (c.L, j.S, Buckler Slide, Cat Spike, Delta Kick, Please Help Me, all throws)
  • against normal size opponents (e.g. Ryu as training dummy), with notes as to what should be changed against characters in which such combos don’t work or could be optimized better
  • that require no meter outside of what is built during the combo (and the initial investment of 3 bars for combos that start with PHM)
  • and no assists, with some demonstrations as to how some combos could be extended further with assists

You could of course add more than what I just listed; I just think those points should be covered at a minimum.

Dancing Flash: When DHCed into, it effectively has invulnerable startup, as the vulnerable startup frames 1-5 are skipped.

Please Help Me: The timing for the OTG follow-up is to attack immediately after Felicia lands from her jump at the end of the move.

Rolling Buckler assist: If blocked, Felicia will push the opponent forward a little bit, which can be useful in setting up ambiguous left/right mix-ups in addition to high/low. When used as a Crossover Counter, this move has invincible start-up, and it can be linked into a full combo afterward as long as it counterhits the opponent. If the Crossover Counter is not a counterhit, then the roll won’t chain into the slide and she can be punished.

Thanks for the suggestions!

At the moment, I do plan to make this video still, especially considering I’ll have a month of winter break to spend on it. (Namely, I’ll try to have it done by mid January).

The main thing I’m worried about is that maybe I’m not entirely qualified to make a guide on Felicia (I’m not the greatest Felicia player in the world), and that maybe a lot is going to change in Ultimate. We’ll see how it goes.

I might want to do a primer instead as well, as a guide with this much depth in it may be best suited for a non-video format.